eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I have 5 questions...for now!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: I have 5 questions...for now! Reply with quote

Good evening,
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I am new here, sort of, and just started to load my store with listings. Throughout the process of setting up my store I have accumulated a few questions and sent those to tech support, but here are 5 questions I would like to know the answer if possible. If somebody is here who reads this I would appreciate any help!

(1) Is there any charge for sales here (such as FVF)?
(2) How long are our listings valid - do we need to renew them after every 30 days?
(3) How can we get more than just 1 picture into our lsitings? Somebody told me up to 10 pics are accepted here by ecrater, but I could not figure out how to load multiple pictures.
(4) Does the visitor counter count all your own clicks on the item listing while editing them in Admin mode, or only unique, outside visits?
(5) Can you change the store name / subdomain name, if yes, how do you do it? Or, woudl that only be possible if one deleted the current store and started from the scratch?

I apologize for having had this many questions at once. Thanks to anybody who could point me to the right source of info! ENjoy your evening.

Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: OOPS, I only have 4 questions... Reply with quote

...please disregard my question about multiple pictures. I just found the answer by Tom as follows:

Administrative Tools--> Basic Setup--> Products--> click the camera icon to the right of the item you want to add up to 10 pics to for each individual item. If you mean more "Featured Categories" pics on your store front you have to do that with the categories set-up... Tom
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any charge for sales here (such as FVF)?

NOPE - don't cost a penny to list it or to sell it. TOTALLY FREE!

Quote:
How long are our listings valid - do we need to renew them after every 30 days?

Once you list it - it's there forever UNTIL you hide it or delete it. Even if it sells you manually have to remove it!

Quote:
How can we get more than just 1 picture into our lsitings?

Once an item is listed and you see it on your product list (when logged in) you will see icons to the right of the title.
The first is a camera icon - click on that to add more images.
The second is a Pencil - click that to edit the description or anything else in the listing
The third is a Red X (I think - doing this from memory) - that will totally delete the listing.

Quote:
Does the visitor counter count all your own clicks on the item listing while editing them in Admin mode, or only unique, outside visits?

It's a hit counter --- ever single hit of the item is counted, yours, crawlers, search engines, everything, every time = a hit. ALSO if you have the item featured on your home page on the upper right of the home page - every time that item is shown there it counts as a hit.

Quote:
Can you change the store name / subdomain name, if yes, how do you do it? Or, woudl that only be possible if one deleted the current store and started from the scratch?

YOU can not make that change. IF you must have it done you will need to use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com
Seeing that you have only 25 items listed it might be faster to just open a new store. Put this one on hold. Copy and paste all the info from this one to your new one. Then delete this store account.

Quote:
I apologize for having had this many questions at once.

Dont' apologize! Just keep on asking! AND READING the forums - you'll learn alot here.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, BigTallmensclothing! I so appreciate your prompt response!

In the meantime, I managed to add on those additional pics. I am still unsure whether to change or not to change the store name. Basically, I just wanted to know what would be involved IF I wanted to change it.

You mentioned SOLD items will also remain on the site. Will they be marked as sold so people who click on it won't be able to purchase it? I realize you said I would have to manually remove them at a later point of time, however, I would prefer to do this after payment was received and FB was exchanged, so I won't have to recreate the listing in case something goes wrong.

Thanks a bunches! Have a good night everyone!
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenaissanceTreasures wrote:
Thanks, BigTallmensclothing! I so appreciate your prompt response.You mentioned SOLD items will also remain on the site. Will they be marked as sold so people who click on it won't be able to purchase it?
They will not be marked as sold and someone else can try to purchase it. What has been suggested to others is to post a default picture in its place that says "Sold". What I do if payment is by check is post a picture that says "Pending Payment" and then "Sold" after check clears. You can also just select "Hide this item" at the product information page... Tom Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wanted to know what would be involved IF I wanted to change it.

You send in a contact us form at www.ecrater.com and wait for it to happen. Can be 48 hours to 2 weeks. Every place you submitted your URL to will be broking - meaning you will have to re-submit to all the search engines again and every place elese you have a link. Remember, search engines take 4-8 weeks to find you AFTER you submit your URL.

Quote:
Will they be marked as sold so people who click on it won't be able to purchase it?

Not unless you mark it sold by placing a SOLD image on it. That won't stop someone from still purchasing it but at least you can say "hey, it was marked sold already".
I do not reccommend hiding the product or deleting until about 2 weeks after you mail it - so once it's received the buy can pull it up and see and compare if they want to.

Quote:
I would prefer to do this after payment was received and FB was exchanged

There is NO exchange of feedback. A buyer can leave feedback ONLY if thye pay instantly via google or PayPal.
Since buyers do not register the seller can not leave them feedback.

Quote:
so I won't have to recreate the listing in case something goes wrong

That's why you HIDE it for a few weeks even after you already waited 2 weeks with the SOLD sign.

If you want to see a sold sign you can look at this item
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=48542
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

If you want to see a sold sign you can look at this item
http://bigtallmensclothing.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=48542

Here's mine that matches my store logo http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=499072 ... Tom Very Happy
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Happy Sunday! Reply with quote

Happy Sunday Morning!

Wow, you guys are awsome! Thanks for the tips on the SOLD signs. I like them both, but not being a graphic Artist or html Wiz, I don't know how to create my own. So, let me pop the question, BigTallMensClothing, could I copy yours into photobucket and use it? Or, do you have a suggestion for an on-line program where one could create his own / her .jpg for such signs? Thank you! Have a nice day. Very Happy
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi RenaissanceTreasures.
I use the free photo program at http://www.irfanview.com/ to do some of my picture stuff. Any pictures that you have saved on you PC can be used. You can resize them and add text to them. Post back if you need any help... Tom Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, let me pop the question, BigTallMensClothing, could I copy yours into photobucket and use it?

Click on the image to enlarge it.
then right click your mouse and do save picture as and save it to your pc.
Then when you need it you just upload to ecrater.com from your pc.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys! Thanks to both of you for the response. I never even heard of that software, Tom; will surely check it out during the Holidays, when I will have more time!

I did manage to create a nice tag saying This item is SOLD! Please check out our other goodies! Or something like that.

I will save your SOLD tag, too, BigTallmensClothing. Between the two one shoudl work out well, may be the one I created won't even fit - although I did make sure I don't go over the jpg size given in the store set-up page.

Have a great evening!
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RenaissanceTreasures wrote:
Hi Guys! Thanks to both of you for the response. I never even heard of that software, Tom; will surely check it out during the Holidays, when I will have more time!

RenaissanceTreasures.. I was just checking out Meg & Bill's place and I think the cameo girl is moonlighting eh? Wink Impressive feedback!... Tom Very Happy
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchgiftsandthings wrote:
I was just checking out Meg & Bill's place.. Impressive feedback!... Tom Very Happy

BigTall.. Wow! Shocked Your's is astronomical... Tom Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOM -- And that's only one store, LMAO!
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom. What can I say...you found me out! (blushing ). Embarassed

P.s. Not that I was hiding...cause if I would have, I would have not chosen the same store name. Hahaha!

Will change it though, I think. Somebody told me Renaissance is hard to spell for the average American. I never thought about that. But: let's keep things simple!

Have a great evening! Razz Smile Laughing

P.s. I love this place! For a long long time, listing is FUN again! It is simple, and I now have items here not listed on FeePay. That was strange at first, but I feel better and better with every new listing created! The only thing I still need to figure out is, how to direct traffic here. I saw a great sticky on this, and saved it, just haven't had time yet. Does anybody know if google store connector works with this store here, too, or only with the stores on Feepay?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: