eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The buyer's address on google checkout is wrong, how to ship

View previous topic :: View next topic  
happy2save

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: The buyer's address on google checkout is wrong, how to ship Reply with quote

Hi, everyone,

I don't know if this question is common. There was a buyer purchased my item, then I have processed the credit charge, when I was re ady for shipping and found out that the address was wrong. I have contacted the buyer via email on google checkout file and she replied and give me another address. Now I am confused that if I should ship it or not ship it just for security reason. I have sent an email to checkout-verify@google.com and got no reply. I don't know how google checkout verified the information. It is odd to me.

Hi everybody, what should I do next? Ask the buyer to send me money order and refund the credit card charge? what else?
Thanks in advance,

Happy2save
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact the customer about it?

It might be she is trying to send it as a present to someone.
It might be she moved recently and has not changed info in her credit card account or GC account.
It might be she is trying to have it delivered to her home and using her business credit card (or the other way around).

Since we don't know details of the address (and please don't post the addresses here) no way to figure out for us.

I guess it would depend on your policy on this. You can cancel the order or assume risk and deliver.

It is best to deliver it to the address given at GC. But as I said it may be outdated address.

But if I were you, I would not ship it before I contacted the buyer about it and cleared it up.
happy2save

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacted the buyer via the google checkout onfile email. She replied and give an address which is different from the one given by google checkout. Actually the one with google checkout is not right. That is why the reason U don't understand how google checkout verified the information.

Anyway, thank you for the reply. I do appreciate.
Have good day!
acread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She needs to update the address info in her Google Checkout account. It would only show what she entered at Google Checkout there (has nothing to do with what she entered in the eCrater order info).

Did she give you the reason why it is different? Is the other address her work or former address or someone she is sending an item to. (Maybe it's a kid trying to buy something hidden from mom and trying to have it send to her friends house or something. Or someone who hacked the Google Checkout account and having stuff sent to them. You better make certain what this person is doing)

Might do well to cancel the order, then have her correct her information and then put it through again.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMETIMES people forget to put in the "shipping address" & leave the cc billing address. Alot of people have a PO or a business CC & they want it shipped to their home.
Also... IF the billing address is wrong & google verified it... most cc companies verify the number, ex date, code on back , name and zip code.
I've hade a few that were verified with a typo in the address but the zip was correct.

I would send to where the customer want's it sent. Call her on the phone (you should see a phone in google checkout) & make sure it's her & not a kid.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: