eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Tips for advertising your Ecrater store on Myspace!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mailboxmemories

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Tips for advertising your Ecrater store on Myspace!! Reply with quote

Hi all,

I see that several of you have set up Myspace profiles and I wanted to offer some advice, suggestions, etc to get the most out of your myspace to benefit your ecrater or other online business. Ive been on Myspace since May and it has really helped my business grow but in order take full advantage of it just like any other advertising method, you have to be willing to put forth the effort. Myspace has over 100 million registered users and only a small portion will find you but you can increase your chances of making it work for you.

Here are a few things you can do:

1. Join groups: Dont just join groups for other online sellers. Join groups pertaining to any topics that interest you outside of selling online. Now, dont spam the groups with links to your store but make online friends and add them to your friends list. Example: Since I enjoy crockpot cooking, I created a group to post recipes using your crockpot. I have over 100 members so right there is an automatic possible customer base.

2. Post comments: Leave comments on your friends profiles as often as you have time for. This is where you can include a link to your online stores. Those that are on your friends list have friends on their list that will see this so it broadens your possible customer base.

3. Post blogs and bulletins: If you add something new to your store, post a blog about it. Then, send a bulletin to your friends list telling them you posted a new blog and to please check it out.

4. Make use of your profile: No one likes to see an empty profile because they wont trust you if they dont know you. Provide a paragraph or so telling a little about you and then go into a paragraph telling about what you sell online and provide a link to your store. Below this, you can also add a slide show of the products that you sell. You can create a slideshow at www.slide.com

I hope this helps some!

Take care,
Tammy
wahm922

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tips, thanks for sharing!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, thanks!

Is there any particular protcol with bulletins? Or is it just a given that you may get a ton of them if you've got lots of friends?

I haven't yet used that feature and have been wondering about it..
mailboxmemories

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Yeah, thanks!

Is there any particular protcol with bulletins? Or is it just a given that you may get a ton of them if you've got lots of friends?

I haven't yet used that feature and have been wondering about it..

Yes you will get a ton of bulletins especially if you have alot of people on your friend's list. The majority of the bulletins I receive aren't worth looking at so I just ignore those. But, the nice thing about posting bulletins is that you can let everyone on your friend's list know if you have something they might be interested in without having to take the time to send individual e-mails. The best way to get your bulletin noticed is to use all CAPS because if you do get alot of bulletins, these are the ones that are noticed first.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the tips! I'm going to try to set up a my space soon!
A great day to all!
Lu
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a myspace page, and I recently put in a slide show featuring my products, but I had a heck of a time figuring it all out.

These tips will help me tremendously. Thank you very much.
richshobbydepot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buddyslighthouses wrote:
I have a myspace page, and I recently put in a slide show featuring my products, but I had a heck of a time figuring it all out.

These tips will help me tremendously. Thank you very much.

How doyou get those slide shows and put them in?
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used photobucket they have a spot you can do it and copy the url to you myspace.

Plus when you go into myspace and under add/edit photo their is a spot their for a slide show.

T
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.slide.com has a pretty cool free slideshow too.
downuptowns313

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started an affiliate program/ banner exchange on my selling profile and it'd definately increased friends and interest and I've only been up about a week.

www.myspace.com/downuptowns313
ljstores

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:

I could not get this to work Sad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljstores wrote:
poopsheet wrote:

What exactly wouldn't work? It works for me in Firefox but I've never tried it in other browsers.
watercolor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that myspace can be a great advertising venue but has anyone had trouble with viruses? Everytime I am on that site, my computer starts acting up , freezing up and etc. I would like to continue using the site and networking with others but I am afraid my computer will quit working for me. I do have updated antivirus protection and a firewall but something is getting thru onto my computer and it is creating havoc for me.

Leslie
http://www.watercolor.ecrater.com
http://www.sweetoutfit.ecrater.com
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
ljstores wrote:
poopsheet wrote:

What exactly wouldn't work? It works for me in Firefox but I've never tried it in other browsers.

Hi Poop
didnt see this until today.......... finally got it figured out 9 days later
Have no idea what the problem was but uninstalled flash and reinstalled and it works fine now
thanks for responding

LJ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: