eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why don't more sellers accept google checkout?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texairsoft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Why don't more sellers accept google checkout? Reply with quote

I have been searching for things here on ecrater to buy. I have noticed that alot of sellers only accept paypal and not google checkout. You guys know that when you use paypal you are supporting feebay also. I do not know maybe it is just me, but I am unwilling to accept paypal. Even when I do sell on feebay I will not accept paypal. I refer everyone to bidpay. I know I lose alot of sells because of this but, I would rather support an independent company than one who just tries to control a certain market. does anyone else have any feelings about this subject? Also if you accept google checkout please reply I would like to know how many of really do this. Also I am just itching to spend some money with you guys. Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept google checkout. I think people are really set in their ways and already have a paypal account setup and dont feel like going through the hassle of setting up another account. It really is easy and I do hope they take off. They have a ton of promotions going on and you can save a bunch of cash shopping through google checkout.

http://www.rowsofclothes.com
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because they ask for your SS# and then they transfer money over to your personal checking/savings account and then have the right if something goes wrong to go back in your PERSONAL account and take the money out.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need anymore hands in my Personal account then me.

I don't like the fax that they want my SS# just to make sure that I'm who I am and then say they won't use it for anything else but that YEAH RIGHT!! When they ask for this somewhere down the line the IRS will be involve.
cliftonswholesale

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I agreed with you Tsurfer, Google checkout did asked me for my SS# when I apply for. No way I wouldn't give them my ss# for some reason Wink

KC
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has been years since I signed up for Paypal. I do not even remember what information that I gave them other than my business checking account and a credit card number. What do they ask for now, anyone know?
texairsoft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsurfer wrote:
Because they ask for your SS# and then they transfer money over to your personal checking/savings account and then have the right if something goes wrong to go back in your PERSONAL account and take the money out.

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need anymore hands in my Personal account then me. .

Paypal requires your social security number as well at least they did for me. If someone does a charge back through paypal where do you think they are going to get the money to refund your buyer. It will be what ever account you have on file with them. Also good luck contesting the charge back with paypal it will not matter if you supply them with the tracking number that was for the package. It is up to them whether or not you win not the facts. Check out paypalsucks.com sometime and read some horror stories.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsurfer wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I don't need anymore hands in my Personal account then me.

I simply have a checking accoutn with $5 in it that I use for PayPal. That way they can't ever get more then $5 out of me. I have the account marked at the bank to notify me IMMEDIATELY upon any attempt to with draw funds. I have it marked not to ever cover an overdraft.
It's just the smart thing to do.

I never mix my personal money with my business money. THat is until pay day when I pay myself for a job well done, lol.
thelangcompanysilverjewel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quitting my ebay store this week and guess what is going to go next when my ecrater store gets moving along better.

Evil or Very Mad Paypal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Why don't more sellers accept google checkout? Reply with quote

texairsoft wrote:
I know I lose alot of sells because of this but,

This is the kicker. Gotta make money or it doesn't work.
texairsoft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Why don't more sellers accept google checkout? Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
texairsoft wrote:
I know I lose alot of sells because of this but,

This is the kicker. Gotta make money or it doesn't work.

I may lose sells now but if more people would start using google checkout the buyers will follow. This is google we are talking about just think of how many searches are done on goole a day. People trust this company and if sellers will start standing behind them the money will follow. Granted it is a new feature to the web, but why do you think Ebay will not recognize this as an approved payment method. They know the capabilities of google and the recognition of their brand. So if we can unite we can make a change for the better. I hope!
hotspotzmegastore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up for a google account about 3 months ago and never had any sells from it until recently. I think it's a good way to get more business and make more money, but I personally don't like their way of doing things. First off, it takes them 2 + days just to get the customer's payment processed to transfer to your bank account, not to mention an extra 3 or 4 days for the money to hit your bank account. I don't know about other sellers, but I want vertification that the money is in my bank account cleared before shipping an item to a customer. Google process is like waiting for a check to clear and then on top of that, you have customers wanting to know when the item is going to be shipped. Some do not understand the process of the money transfer. Secondly, you have to ship the item within a specified time. And thirdly, if you end up refunding a customer's money due to item being out of stock, they want copies of invoice, etc....it's just too much of a hassle for me so I close my account. As far as with paypal, you get their money instantly so you're able to process their order within the same day and if it just so happens that an item is sold out, you can refund the customer's money without any hassle.....seems simple enough to me.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotspotzmegastore - it is against ecrater.com terms to have items in your store that you do not have. IF it's out of stock you should have the item hidden they buyers can't buy it and you won't have that issue.
hotspotzmegastore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
hotspotzmegastore - it is against ecrater.com terms to have items in your store that you do not have. IF it's out of stock you should have the item hidden they buyers can't buy it and you won't have that issue.

Thanks, I do try to do the best I can hidden the products or having "item is out of stock", but sometimes I can't get to all of them. Unfortunely, this is not a full time job for me.
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with hotspotzmegastore.

I have read all over where you don't get your money right away. Thats not for me. So when google gets bigger and starts paying out ASAP then maybe I will open one up.

It feels like their is to many holes in it yet.
allnatural

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout Reply with quote

I had finally ironed out everything with the amount of time it takes for Google Checkout and considered it a good option - until today, they said they reviewed my site and said because of some of the adult content ( sexual health products) that they would suspend my account if I didn't change the buttons to show that these products could not be purchased with google checkout. I try very hard to make these products non offensive and have eliminated certain ones already because frankly I was offended by the wording. I have since pulled google again as I don't know how to specify the buttons and don't have access to the html they are talking about. Maybe when they get larger and the money gets to you quicker they will change their policies, but for now, it's just a hassle to me.

My two cents worth!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: