eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why don't more sellers accept google checkout?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know Google had the "adults-only" hang-ups that PayPal does. That's disheartening.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
texairsoft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know when credit cards are processed in my store it takes some times 48hrs to hit my account. That is just a risk you take I guess. If you stock your products your self you will be able to ship right away. There is risk with running a business you have to have some loss figured in your budget do to credit card fraud and such. The best I can tell when I use google checkout and you charge their card it lets you know right away that it went through. Sure it may take a few days to hit your banking account, but u know thats business. If it is a high dollar amount I would definatly wait for it to hit your account. but, if it is say $25-$50 thats a chance you chose when you went into business. Paypal is good but try selling an $1850.00 item and shipping it collect so the buyer had to pay shipping when it was delivered. The buyer pays $320.00 for shipping to r&l carriers. Ok, then they do a charge back through paypal and say they never recieved the item. Well, you supply paypal the online tracking number and the signed invoice with the customers signature after first inspecting the package and then paying for shipping. Only to be told by paypal there is nothing they can do it is out of their hands. It leaves a real bad taste in your mouth. Sorry, to rant hear but, I just figured I would get this out. I think Google checkout is a great online payment system coming to age.
hotspotzmegastore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texairsoft wrote:
You know when credit cards are processed in my store it takes some times 48hrs to hit my account. That is just a risk you take I guess. If you stock your products your self you will be able to ship right away. There is risk with running a business you have to have some loss figured in your budget do to credit card fraud and such. The best I can tell when I use google checkout and you charge their card it lets you know right away that it went through. Sure it may take a few days to hit your banking account, but u know thats business. If it is a high dollar amount I would definatly wait for it to hit your account. but, if it is say $25-$50 thats a chance you chose when you went into business. Paypal is good but try selling an $1850.00 item and shipping it collect so the buyer had to pay shipping when it was delivered. The buyer pays $320.00 for shipping to r&l carriers. Ok, then they do a charge back through paypal and say they never recieved the item. Well, you supply paypal the online tracking number and the signed invoice with the customers signature after first inspecting the package and then paying for shipping. Only to be told by paypal there is nothing they can do it is out of their hands. It leaves a real bad taste in your mouth. Sorry, to rant hear but, I just figured I would get this out. I think Google checkout is a great online payment system coming to age.

You're absolutely right about the risk thing, call me ole fashion, but I wonna see the money before I ship regardless of whether of having physical inventory or not or the dollar amount.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hotspotzmegastore --- so do you not ship PayPal paid items until you have transfered the funds to your bank account and they arrived?

As a buyer I would be ticked off if I paid instantly and the seller didn't ship until the processing company that they (the seller) choose to used actually got the cash to them. That's crazy in my books!
hotspotzmegastore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
hotspotzmegastore --- so do you not ship PayPal paid items until you have transfered the funds to your bank account and they arrived?

As a buyer I would be ticked off if I paid instantly and the seller didn't ship until the processing company that they (the seller) choose to used actually got the cash to them. That's crazy in my books!

No, you're missing my point, with paypal which everyone knows, the customer's payment goes straight to your (the seller's) paypal account, (one in which google doesn't have), instead you have to wait until it gets transferred to your bank account....so with that said, I visually see the customer's payment with paypal and it stays there until I get ready to make a bank transfer. And BTW, you can instantly pay with a check but I can guarantee you one thing, you will not get your merchandise until it CLEARS, lol. Had google had a holding "google account" like paypal, my view would be different.
hotspotzmegastore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is the reason why I CHOSE to close my google account.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a personal check is NEVER considered instant cash therefore it is not the same as an instant payment.
xbox360

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: I Agree, I Hate Ebay and Paypal Reply with quote

It's a love hate relationship.. Need them to sell stuff and make money but im dealing wiht the devil, Really Ebay and especially Paypal are crooks for reasons too long to get into here i have been dealing with both since 1999.. Where all working to make them a global giant..
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: I Agree, I Hate Ebay and Paypal Reply with quote

xbox360 wrote:
It's a love hate relationship.. Need them to sell stuff and make money but im dealing wiht the devil, Really Ebay and especially Paypal are crooks for reasons too long to get into here i have been dealing with both since 1999.. Where all working to make them a global giant..

There is no comparing the PayPal of now with the PayPal of 1999. For one thing it is no longer run out of some guy in Nebreska's basement, like it was in 1999.

I would love for the FDIC to step in and say PayPal got to be Federally insured since they are "holding" so many peoples money. But of course that's why ebay bought PayPal because ebay could afford the lobbist to make sure that never happens and they guy that first started PayPal didn't have the knowledge or the money to do that when the pressure was first surfacing.

Google don't HOLD money for sellers - so they won't need FDIC insurance. And who knows maybe Google has their own lobbist to push that PayPal has to have FDIC insurance!
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SS# or EIN# is mandatory in most states if you are in business, unless of course you're selling under the table, which hurts eveyone else that pays their fair share of taxes. I wonder how many are collecting sales tax here and other places and keeping it or not collecting it at all when they make an in state sale. Sellers beware, you are in a public market and ones not conforming to state and federal regulations will be caught eventually. All the records here on eCrater and anywhere else can be viewed at any time desired by the IRS and State Revenue Officers. If you're going to conduct business in a public venue, you need to be legal. The penalties are Huge for tax evasion. Back to the original topic, You should use every avenue possible for checkout, for the convenience of your potential customers. Google Checkout is FREE till December 31st, 2007 and Paypal has 14,000,000+ users. You'll only limit your sales if you don't use them and most folks hate writing checks or paying extra for money orders. Just my 2 cents worth.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BargainBarn wrote:
Back to the original topic, You should use every avenue possible for checkout, for the convenience of your potential customers. Google Checkout is FREE till December 31st, 2007 and Paypal has 14,000,000+ users. You'll only limit your sales if you don't use them and most folks hate writing checks or paying extra for money orders. Just my 2 cents worth.

Well said. If your not accepting all available payment options your are limiting your sales. You should be in busines to make money and you must appeal the largest number of potential buyer as possible.

Shoot, I'd accept rolls of pennies delivered by carrier pigeon if that was an option and someone wanted to pay that way.
galleriapangea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am implementing Google Checkout to my eCrater and .com store. Simply because I notice some of the customers stopped when they need to register. I think Google checkout will be a good solution for "lazy" customers. Also it is nice that google is not charging any processing fees till the end of 2007. Plus Google offers 10 dollars off for items over $30.

Jason Y.
Galleriapangea.ecrater.com
www.GalleriaPangea.com
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customers MUST register with google to use it.

The $10 when they spend $30 is for certain merchants only!
galleriapangea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Customers MUST register with google to use it.

Well I think people would trust Google more than giving out their credit card info to a third party site. Also, they register with google once, they can buy from all the google checkout enabled stores without register again.

They only give certain merchants the discount? damn them!
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why im offering my own incentives for customers who use google checkout Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: