eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Be Aware of Conficker C Virus/Worm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoppysScrollSawWoodwork

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Be Aware of Conficker C Virus/Worm Reply with quote

I am writing to tell all of you about this because I have seen it all over the news and wanted to make sure you are aware of it.

First off, I just got my computer back yesterday after being down for 3 days with a nasty worm. I did have a security Suite on my computer however the worm shut it down and started disabling all my adminstrative functions on my computer. I can tell you it was horrible and cost me $300 to get fixed.

While my computer was being fixed, there was a lot on the news about the conficker c virus also known as the April Fools Day worm.
According to the news, this virus is lying dormant in millions of home pcs. It is collecting personal information on the computers such as credit card etc. On April 1st, the worm is set to be set free. Once the worm becomes active, it will disable any security you have on your computer, eat through the hard drive and memory and will then take all the information it has collected and send it back to the host.
Microsoft has reward out for anyone who can tell them where the virus came from and who is the host.
Microsoft has a download available for home pc users to use now that will disable the virus if it is sitting in your hard drive waiting to start munching away at your computer.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Windows_Update_for_ConfickerC_Virus_032609

The above is more information about this virus and should also provide a link to update your computer. I hope you find the information helpful.

Like I said earlier, I just had to pay quite a bit of money to get a nasty worm off my computer. We all have a lot of imformation tied to our computers when it comes to our stores and whatever else we have. I was in constant worry that I had lost alot of things on my computer but thankfully the Geek Squad saved my computer and also got me on security for my computer that is compatible to Windows.

Don't wait until the last minute to do something about the conficker c virus. You can find al ot of information about it just doing a basic search.

Best Wishes to all
Kelly
( Poppy's Scroll Saw Woodwork)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
earplugs

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warning. I'll update all my antivirus programs today and get that patch!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2343910,00.asp
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Be Aware of Conficker C Virus/Worm Reply with quote

PoppysScrollSawWoodwork wrote:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/Windows_Update_for_ConfickerC_Virus_032609

( Poppy's Scroll Saw Woodwork)

The link in this link has been removed.

Microsoft updates doesn't mention Conficker.

My email is not working.

I can't reach my ISP as the lines are jammed.

The internet in general is operating at a snail's pace today. At least in my house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: