eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

can someone help me 'fix' my store?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
louisfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: can someone help me 'fix' my store? Reply with quote

this is my first post and it's only because I've just realized that my store has been suspended. I know most of you will tell me to read the terms/conditions and believe that if ecrater's administrators pulled my store then it's for the right reason. I'm here to ask for help on 'fixing' my store when I have not violated any of the terms. I do sell high-end designer handbags, but they are all pre-owned. All the pictures and descriptions that I did have were all my own. Currently I am aware that it's hard to ask for help in 'fixing' when you are not able to see any of my listings. I have another booth on Bonanzle.com under louis_fanatic that lists all the same things that I have listed on ecrater. I by no means, am trying to mention another website here, but I needed help in 'fixing' that's why I am asking you to take a look at my other store which lists everything the same way (e.g. pics, description). I do not sell imitations/fakes. I encourage all my buyers to have the bags authenticated by purseforum.com or caroldiva.com. If you want you can check with purseforum.com and in the search field type in 'louisfanatic' and you'll see posts where members have copy and pasted my ecrater links for authentication and have received answers stating that my items are authentic.

I have already written a request to un-suspend my store, but when I read some of others cases it seems that it might take a while before the administrators will get to reading my request. And at this point I'm not sure if the administrators will let me know what was wrong with my store to have them pull it. I have maintain 100% positive feedback on ecrater and some of the buyers have mentioned that my items are authentic in their feedback, which no one here will be able to see.

It's a frustrating to me, since I liked selling on ecrater. But, now I can't understand at all why my store has been pulled while there are existing listings for Louis Vuitton with 1 stock picture, with a purchase price of $59 coming from China, still active.

For anyone that is willing to give me any suggestions please don't just ask me to read the terms/conditions. I have and am aware of what I am selling. Before you judge and think that I might be selling fakes please take a look at my other booth on the other site under louis_fanatic or do a search on purseforum.com and see that my items have indeed being authenticated on multiple occasions and have been deemed authentic.

Thank you for any help you might suggest and definitly apologize and am very thankful to anyone that has read my super long plea.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do sell high-end designer handbags, but they are all pre-owned.

I do not sell imitations/fakes.

My suggestion would be to use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com and put in there pretty much what you put in here -- if that's not what you did already.
Then you need to wait. eCrater.com is free and only has a couple of people that work the site that can help you out. So you'll need patience.

Quote:
It's a frustrating to me, since I liked selling on ecrater. But, now I can't understand at all why my store has been pulled while there are existing listings for Louis Vuitton with 1 stock picture, with a purchase price of $59 coming from China, still active.

There are a handful or so of category mods -- volunteers - that look for stores that violate the terms. There are something like 1,700,000 items on ecrater.com. Stores that are reported - see topic in ecrater seller forum - are looked into as well as stores that the category mod runs across. So if you know of stores in violations of the terms PLEASE report them.
Mods do not suspend stores - only the ecrater admins do that. Mods only bring the stores to the attention of the admins that make the decision.
louisfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you BTMC.

I have already written to ecrater, but since I knew that it might take a bit of time and everyone says you need to 'fix' the store then e-mail I thought I would come here to seek info on the 'fixing' portion.

I'm not sure if you had a chance to review my other store and see if I had done something inappropriate that might have led the administrators to suspend me. If you have any suggestions for 'fixing' I would love to know.

In the mean time I know I'll have to wait, and all I'm really hoping for is someone (one of the administrators) to answer my letter and let me know what I have to fix and why I was suspended in the first place.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you don't want to hear this but: read the terms carefully. And think about it. What you did in your store that might trigger this. It might not be cause your products were thought fake (just because you sell designer stuff does not mean that is the only cause for suspension). It could be some other problem that was maybe too much to correct (like move it around or delete). Like accidentally miscategorizing listings (which can easily happen with the copy feature).

We cannot judge what is going on in one store by looking at another store at another site. What may be OK at one site may not be at another.
louisfanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
It could be some other problem that was maybe too much to correct (like move it around or delete). Like accidentally miscategorizing listings (which can easily happen with the copy feature).

Could you please elaborate on the 'maybe too much to correct'? I have went back to look at each individual listing and all my purses were listed under 'women's accessories - bags/purses'. The 2 pairs of earrings were listed under 'watch/jewlery - earrings'.

Thank you ACRead
acread

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to take me litterally. I do not know what caused it. That was just an example. It might not be miscategorization but nonsense titles, or nonsense descriptions, or products that aren't for sale, test items without store being on hold, copyrighted images without permission, free items, shipping as listing, pre-order items, etc. Could be anything in that list. And that is why said to look at the list carefully and then think about your listings. If you have maybe one or two listings that do not fit the rules they may get just delete the listing and move one (depending on the offense I guess). But if 90% (this is just a number I picked at random, I have no knowledge of the actual percentage and even if there is one. They may just think "enough with this one, let the seller do it" and that would be the breaking point. I do not know how they do it. Not a category mod here.) of the listings don't fit the rules they may just suspend the store and have the store owner do the correcting. One or two listings miscategorized won't get your store suspended. So you might want to look more.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: