eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

adding products gets orders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: adding products gets orders Reply with quote

How funny... this store has not had an order in a few weeks...
I add a first Communion scratch off ticket and another Anniversary Scratch off & the same day I got 2 phone calls for "emergency" orders. (need by next weekend.) Actually they both called within 10 min of each other & I asked the second one if she already called me LOL
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been slowly adding leather jackets to my mens store - Have a ton of them!
Even sold one last week!
As a result (at least in my mind) I have been getting daily orders for jeans and leather belts.
I belive that if you have 20 items ti add to an already operating store you are best to add a few a day over a week then to add all 20 at one time.
I really don't know if that makes any real difference but it sure seems to to me.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree totally. New sellers need to get a respectable number of items listed and then list a few more each week. Bulk uploads can be freshened up by editing out the terminology that applies to other sites and making their item listings and descriptions more complete.

I have two stores I don't feed regularly and, you betcha, they don't produce regularly either.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really don't know if that makes any real difference but it sure seems to to me.

I think so too. I have no proof but it just seems like that happens too many times to just be a coinsidence.

I just added some to my new wedding shop
Hopefully I start getting orders there.
Mikessportingoods

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree...I took the advice from all of you..and have been adding a few items at a time. Had an order this morning.
TheSicilianHideaway

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I add a cake pan and a runner sells. I add a runner and a kitchen towel sells. I add a kitchen towel and a cake pan sells..LOL. But stuff only sells when I"m adding something to my shop. If I take some time off and dont list new items, I dont sell anything. I'd definitely recommend listing 20 things over 20 days versus 20 things all at once. It seems to make a difference.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSicilianHideaway wrote:
It's funny, I was thinking the same thing. I add a cake pan and a runner sells. I add a runner and a kitchen towel sells. I add a kitchen towel and a cake pan sells..LOL. But stuff only sells when I"m adding something to my shop. If I take some time off and dont list new items, I dont sell anything. I'd definitely recommend listing 20 things over 20 days versus 20 things all at once. It seems to make a difference.

And one listing a day takes no time at all.
1finetreasure

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, even though I do get one or two in between, I've noticed if I list at least every other day sales seem to be higher and more often.

I also get a lot more questions when I list more often than once a week. They can turn into sales, too.
momsretro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to work that way. I've been trying to add or do something every day. Plus your new listings show up higher in the marketplace, they click, visit your store and the rest is history.

OK you guys; HOW are you getting your links to show up with text??
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

momsretro wrote:
OK you guys; HOW are you getting your links to show up with text??

[url= http://acread.ecrater.com ]Write what you want to appear in the page here[/url]

You write the stuff above except for the space before and after my homepage url to prevent it turning into a link. Without them it would look like the one below. Just use the url of the site you want appear and write whatever you want to apear between ] and [.

Write what you want to appear in the page here
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for starting this topic. I knew this worked in the B&M world, but had not realized it applied to the e-world. I'll add new items to my space at a local antique/flea market Mall then go back a couple of days later to see what sold. Often the items that sold weren't the new ones .. they were ones I hadn't moved, had been in the space waaay too long and I had decided maybe wouldn't sell. I just didn't realize the "energy" carried over into the e-world.

Starting today, new postcards in the store everyday before I start working on my new eCrater store.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that is written about and talked about energy and changes in it is true. The slightest change in our thoughts or movements can change everything. Our thoughts are as powerful as our actions.

I too find that adding a new item will sell an old one. It happens too often to be just "coincidence".
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I too find that adding a new item will sell an old one. It happens too often to be just "coincidence".

Just weird how that happens Just weird!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periodically I've planned to delete an item I'm sick of having around and donate it. I've had the item in the donation bag only to wake up in the morning and find it sold.

You've seen people bend teaspoons with their minds? I just don't understand why sales don't happen all the time when I think about a particular item. I was never aware of any special thought processes on the items that sold.
kittenkat22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having a high volume of sales the last two weeks too, but myth debunked, I have not added anything new in a few weeks. What I did do was finaly get around to to doing my google attributes. Just takes toooooooooo long and I only did a few. Now, I have been doing at least ten every other day over the last week and poof### more sales than I have had on here in a long time. So if you don't have anything new to add, just do the google attributes over and add a new attribute/definition or two. I used to just come in once a day and pick one item and hit refresh so it would show updated that day- but I think updating to google IS the answer and there are two ways to do it, new product, and google attributes.

I do know that on that other site, I submit my google feed once a month and the hits and sales go way up that week. Now, I just upload the feed there ever other week instead of once a month. I noticed that my ads disappear from Google as each item relists at GREEDBAY, so by the end of one month, nothing is really listed. Two weeks makes more sense.

Just wish we had a google feed we could upload from here, but that is another topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: