eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I leave feedback for a buyer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
batjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: How do I leave feedback for a buyer? Reply with quote

I had a buyer pay for something and leave me positive feedback. I would like to leave her feedback as well, but I can't figure out how to leave feedback for her. Can someone help me figure this out?

Also, if I sell two of the same item to two different buyers, but only one leaves positive feedback, how can I figure out which buyer left the feedback? I noticed that the feedback has an item title, but there is no order number linked to it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: How do I leave feedback for a buyer? Reply with quote

batjeep wrote:
I had a buyer pay for something and leave me positive feedback. I would like to leave her feedback as well, but I can't figure out how to leave feedback for her. Can someone help me figure this out?

Sellers don't leave feedback for buyers at eCrater because the buyers don't actually register.

batjeep wrote:
Also, if I sell two of the same item to two different buyers, but only one leaves positive feedback, how can I figure out which buyer left the feedback? I noticed that the feedback has an item title, but there is no order number linked to it.

That's one of the flaws in the feedback system here, I'm afraid.
batjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

How did the buyer leave feedback if there is no button on the item listing page?

Also, if someone leaves a neutral or negative feedback, will I know who left it, or that wouldn't have an order number either?

Can the seller at least reply to feedback left by the buyer?

I don't expect to get any bad feedback because I haven't had any problems on feebay in the past, but you never know. There's always one in every crowd that can't be pleased no matter how hard you try.

Thanks again.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the feedback what you see is what you get, although I haven't yet seen what a neg looks like and I'm not sure if there's any way to add a follow-up.

I think most people don't worry too much about it because it's just not that helpful or accurate. (Don't get me wrong, I love eCrater -- but I think the feedback system here really serves no purpose.)

As for how the buyers leave it, it's automated so that they get an e-mail after they've made payment (PayPal or through Google Checkout) with a link they can use to leave feedback. But buyers who pay via any other method don't get the opportunity to leave it.
batjeep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. It sounds like a pretty useless feedback system.

That's okay though. I never really paid much attention to the feedback system on feebay either. I only leave feedback because the buyers care about it. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with it on feebay either.

Thanks again.
Have a great holiday.
PROSOLUTIONPENISENLARGEME

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: OLLIS IMPORTS Reply with quote

THANKS TO PAYPAL I GOT MY MONEY BACK. THEY DO NOT RETURN PHONECALLS. EVEN THE PHONE NUMBER THEY HAD FOR GOOGLE CHECKOUT DOESN'T WORK. THEY DO NOT ANSWER EMAIL, DEALING WITH THEM IS LIKE DEALING WITH A GHOST. BE VERY VERY CAREFUL
Embarassed
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll I don't know what this post by Pro mean and who it is addressed for...

Meanwhile I got a neutral feedback from a buyer, who later somehow changed it to positive! (no change to wording though) I didn't follow up with the buyer... here is the story:

The order came in on Saturday evening. On Sunday the buyer asked me how long it would take the order to be shipped. I said I would ship the following business day, and it would take 3-5 days to deliver (USPS quoted 3 days actually), and offered an overnight option for an extra fee that USPS charges. This was declined. I sent it out the following Monday, and it arrived on Sunday, the Xmas Eve, have you ever heard USPS delivered on Sundays?! I did call USPS on Saturday to ask why it wasn't delivered yet, and the answer was, well, it's right before Xmas, so what would someone expect! I doubt it affected their decision to work on Sunday though Smile.

The buyer sent me a thank you email and told me how she was happy to get it in time (that was a Christmas present for a child). It took 7 days to get the order after it was placed with standard shipping!

Guess what, here is the feedback I got from her:

"product-nice; shipping speed-very displeased; took 2 days longer than quoted" .

Well, do your math..

Again, she later changed it from neutral to positive - I guess she somehow realized I don't have any power over USPS Rolling Eyes
jwautographs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Post Office, in most areas, deliver packages on the Sunday before Christmas. And even on Christmas day in many areas on a limited Express Mail basis.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering where buyers leave the feedback as I don't see a place for it. Is it on the invoice?

Joyce
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
Just wondering where buyers leave the feedback as I don't see a place for it. Is it on the invoice?

Joyce

If a buyer pays instantly using Paypal or google they receive a link immediately via email from noreply@ecrater.com
They receive a second link about 20 days later just incase they waited to leave feedback.

Most qualified buyers don't bother to leave feedback.
Out of 117 qualified sales I have 28 feedback.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always dread the week before Christmas. You'd think I'd just say, sorry, don't think it will arrive in time, and negate the sale. But no, never say never here lol.

This year was a double whammy. Two last minute next day express orders came in on the Friday before Christmas. The last one was actually in my mailbox at 4:15, good thing I checked before I raced out to the PO!

That one actually made it by noon on Saturday. I checked with the postmaster on the 2nd one since it was going cross country, and he said it would be a a 2nd day delivery, before 3 pm (they can tell by the address, I guess). I emailed the customer pronto when I got home from the PO, and don't you know she was miffed because she planned on leaving to Gramma's at 2 pm on Sunday? She still got her order delivered on Christmas Eve, though.

Some people LOL
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BTM. I haven't received any feedback at all - of course haven't sold that much either.

Joyce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: