eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

B&T Now that Christmas...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: B&T Now that Christmas... Reply with quote

Now that Christmas has passed will we be looking for people to buy just as much? I know you have been here a while and maybe can give us a timeline. I will be setting my store up for valentines day next. Time to take down the tree and put up the hearts
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a real holiday season. I sell when people need clothing. September and March are always my best months. Been that way for years!
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best season is September through December, but I do have a few valentine's day items listed. I just opened my store here a few days ago, so haven't got everything listed yet. I am very hopeful about this site.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peaks:

I sell jewelry, also, and the 2-4 weeks right after Christmas are my best of the year, and have been for the past 4 years.

Best bet is to offer as much variety as possible, especially of unique jewelry pieces. All the stores are honing in on heart jewelry, after a while, people get bored seeing the same stuff. See what you can offer that makes ya a little different.

I'm sticking with the free shipping through Valentine's Day on my website. Way too much work to implement that on ecrater, though, you have to go through one by one and change every listing. On the site, all that's needed is click of one button. Customers really liked it during the Christmas season, so am going to keep using it!

Cheerio & g'luck Smile
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Don't forget, we've "come a long way, baby!" I try to include some nice gifts for guys. Nowadays, women don't just receive V-Day presents, they give them, too.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say people are definitely buying this week and the next few -- many got money for Christmas, after all. Of course, it depends on what you're selling but I'd guess that jewelry would still do well post-Christmas -- and then Valentine's Day is coming up...
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have always had good luck in January with sales. Christmas money and shoppers wanting to buy for themselves since they spend the month of December buying for others.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

January has always been good for me too. The only "real" slow times I have are June, July, and Aug. Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Seasons Greetings to all! Hope 2007 brings us healthy sales. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm too late to wish you a Merry Christmas (dare I say that word?) but I do hope we all have a prosperous new year and that means healthy sales on ecrater.

I'm in over my head right now as I am moving over the next month. Take a look at my store and you will know what a bind I am in. I have at least twice as much still unlisted. I'm trying to sort items to move to my new apartment, items to hopefully sell at a moving sale and listed ecrater items that will go to a storage locker.

I have a lot of categories marked 20% off as they are the space consumers. I'll increase that to 30% for those of you who have open ecrater stores. If you click on categories you will see which are on sale.

Here are the conditions: 1. pay with google checkout so I can do the discount prior to you paying and also so I don't have to pay you know who, and 2. you must email me as soon as you finish shopping and tell me what your store name is.

Thanks and happy selling.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: