eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why Zero sales w/100s of views ? Need help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
avivnaturals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Why Zero sales w/100s of views ? Need help please Reply with quote

Hi... We have been on ecrater since oct. We made some sales and had started getting about 1 sale every other day... not great, but a start (especially considering sales were made even though only a few people were viewing). Then, we had to pause our store for a couple of months.

Since we reactivated it two months ago, we haven't made a single sale even though we have 100s of people viewing the products. Can anyone take a look and see if they can tell us what's wrong?

It looks like: products are active; products are able to be found in search; we accept Paypal and Google and other methods; shipping is free... what else is there?

Thank you very much for your time,

Julia
[url]AvivNaturals.com[/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Why Zero sales w/100s of views ? Need help please Reply with quote

avivnaturals wrote:
what else is there?

What else is there? Have you been promoting and advertising your store. You don't even have a topic at the Promote Your eCrater Store section of the forum. You put your store on hold for an extended time and expect search engines to keep being interested in a site that hasn't been updated in ages. Yes it is ages. If you are not updating a site daily search engines are not interested in you. And once they loose interest it is tough to get it back (not impossible though, just takes effort)

How many new links did you put up leading to your store (if you did any to begin with). It is very important to do that. The more links coming in the more search engines think you are popular and the better your placement becomes in search engine results.

How about putting in Google Base Attributes? Do you have them in your items? It helps with placement at Google shopping. And the top items get a plug at Google search engine search results. So that is a bonus to be at the top.

Did you read the topic on Advertising and Promoting in the FAQ section of the forum? Did you read about SEO (search engine optiomization) and apply? Did you search for topics on this in the forum (search at the top of the page)

It is a full time daily effort to try to bring in traffic to a store. Even then you can't guarantie people will buy. We still haven't come out of the recession. So maybe people changed their buying habits and what you are selling is not as essential as before. Who knows. Which only means you have to work harder at it.

eCrater doesn't do the promoting and advertising and bringing in the traffic. Although they still do because of the size of the place and all stores being subdomains of it. But if you really want to get customers, you bring them in. That's what we all do.
avivnaturals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I wasn't being snotty when I asked for help, so I absolutely did not expect an angry unhelpful response that didn't address the issue.

Of course advertising is necessary to get more traffic... that isn't the issue. We already have more traffic than we did before at ecrater, but now have zero sales in two months.

The "what else is there" remark I made was just me wondering if something was "stuck" (like a glitch), or our store wasn't really active (but just looked like it was), or we missed something minor - or major.

I have spent HOURS reading the forums. I have NEVER posted once to any forum, and now I probably never will again. I simply needed help understanding why we had purchases before with very FEW views and now ZERO sales with hundreds of views. That is the question. Is something wrong with our store or checkout??

We plan on advertising in our spare time, but that is NOT the issue. If you had read my post before slamming me, you might have understood that we had zero sales with many, many more views now than we had before when we were making some sales. Yes, I understand we are in a recession, but we are still maintaining our sales at our main site and other venues, so that is not the issue.

Hope others receive more courtesy than you provided for us. I was hopeful this would be a friendly place. If you are the "face" of ecrater "community", you can count us out.

Julia
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I think you are being overly sensitive of the good constructive criticism that ACRead has given and you did ask for.
In my opinion, the type of items in your store usually sell well right around the first of the year when everyone has good intentions of trying to lose weight. That could be another reason why you are not selling. Your products are not really in demand by the general public. You will need to find a group of people who will want to try your products. A good place to promote might be to try and join forums that talk about physical fitness or natural health remedies and products.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is in working order. There is nothing wrong with it.

I already gave my opinion on the situation. Regardless of you seeing as slamming. How on earth am I supposed to know how much advertising promoting, link building, SEO you are doing or how much time you are spending on the forum reading.

Sometimes I just have to start blind. From what you said it sounded like you let it sit still and untended.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just took a pretty good look at your store. It is well set up and attractive. The titles and descriptions are informative. You have all your pages filled in properly. Prices seem reasonable to me.

What could be wrong since you say you have lots of traffic? Might have much to do with the current state of the economy. I take vitamins and supplements but if I had a family, I might think twice about whether I'd buy supplements or new underwear for the kids. People are scared even if they aren't currently in trouble. Health supplements might be the one area they feel they can cut out.

If your store was on hold for a while, and all you did was take it off hold, I wouldn't think that was enough to reactivate it. Add attributes, look for anything else you could do to perk up your descriptions. One thing that came to my mind, especially now with all the scandals about what is being put in products made in certain countries to make them cheaper etc, is where are your products made, as in compounded. The ingredients I'm sure come from all over the world, but where is the lab the puts the formula together.

I would definitely start tweaking even if it doesn't need it. That does create interest from the search engines.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now it might just be the same reason it has pretty well stopped for all of us the last week or so. I have had a lot of hits this month and sales but the last week it just stopped like a wall was dropped or something. No telling what is going on. Hopefully it will get better again next month. Spring and summer sales tend to slow down for me.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Since we reactivated it two months ago, we haven't made a single sale even though we have 100s of people viewing the products. Can anyone take a look and see if they can tell us what's wrong?

Putting your store on hold that long is like starting all over.
Did you resubmit to the search engines?
Did you update you store by adding merchandise etc?
You need to give the search engines a reason to re-visit you. They stopped by and you were gone (when you put it on hold).

LOOKERS - are just that, lookers. I have products that often have 1000+ hits and never sell. It's just how it works!
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submit your store URL to the major search engines and then hit some of the mile long list of other for added recognition.
This is a nice place to start:
http://www.submitexpress.com/

Sales seem to be really slow here this month. Crying or Very sad
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The things I noticed:

3 featured categories with no items.
The fourth category - 6 items.
General speaking...the more items you have, the more you are perceived as a 'professional'...

Last update is more than a month ago. Yes, you need to update something every day - even if you change the home page or add to a description. Just as freshness is important to your product, freshness is important to SEOs.

Your items, like mine, are not necessities. Sometimes it feels like we are Don Quiote tilting at windmills - no matter how good the product, reasonable the price, etc the economy is not working in our favor. It's nothing personal, it's just the way it is.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

avivnaturals wrote:
Hope others receive more courtesy than you provided for us. I was hopeful this would be a friendly place. If you are the "face" of ecrater "community", you can count us out.

Just like to clarify this: I am not the face of eCrater. I am not an employee. I am just another seller here. I volunteer to moderate. Answering peoples questions is not included in the moderating duity.

Who knew telling someone to promote and advertise their site and intensify it in economic downturn was rude and discourteous. I am learning something new everyday.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: