eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie Needs Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheConsignmentBarn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Newbie Needs Help! Reply with quote

I sold a few things on eBay for a friend. Word soon got around that I was doing this and the phone hasn't stopped ringing. The idea of a web store suddenly became very attractive and a google search led me to eCrater.

1.) The name of my store is TheConsignmentBarn. I designed a logo using cooltext.com. When loaded into the web store the logo is rather small compared to other heading type info. I went back to cooltext and set the size 15 pts larger and it still shows up small on the web site. How can I enlarge the logo and make it more prominent?

2.) In the large picture area below where the logo goes, I've noticed some people use graphics, some use a product picture. Since I have a consignment store and most of the stuff will be older, I found a nice picture of an old country store with a prominent pot belly stove. I downloaded the picture to a file and then tried to download it to the appropriate spot in the webstore. Got a message that the file was too large. I used PhotoShop to try to resize the picture but that didn't work. How can we get a graphic or photo that meets the size requirements?

At the moment these are the only problems I've encountered. Thank you in advance for your help and advice. Terry
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to make your logo max 250 x max 68 px
that will fill the space. I suggest you remake it in cooltext because just resizing it will stretch the letters making them look funny - in my opinion.

Quote:
How can we get a graphic or photo that meets the size requirements?

You got my email addy --- send me the pic and I will resize it for you.
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Newbie Needs Help! Reply with quote

TheConsignmentBarn wrote:
How can we get a graphic or photo that meets the size requirements?
I use a program called IRFANVIEW to resize any logos, clip art or pictures. Download the program to your PC and then select the file to work with. Enter the size you need and save it. You can place text on your logo or picture also. Here's the site.. http://www.irfanview.com/ ... Tom Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Newbie Needs Help! Reply with quote

TheConsignmentBarn wrote:
I designed a logo using cooltext.com. When loaded into the web store the logo is rather small compared to other heading type info.

I'd do what BigTall suggested and reformat the logo's size at cooltext. The problem (assuming it's the one I'm looking at) is that it's at the max width so the height won't get any taller unless you change the dimensions of the original.

I think it actually looks fine but, yeah, it could be a little bigger (taller).
TheConsignmentBarn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to resize the picture I want to use for the spot under the logo. I changed the color scheme of the store from the blue/purple configuration to the orange since it will go well with the picture I chose. I deleted the old logo file (blue/purple) from my computer, went to cooltext and redid the logo in shades of red/orange and saved it. I then went into admin tool to update the logo. I cleared the old logo from the template and added the new logo. When I pressed the update key the blue/purple logo showed up instead of the new one. How do I get rid of the old one and get the new one in there? I used the clear button at the bottom of the update page in the admin/builder and removed it from my computer yet it still keeps showing up. Terry
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing the orange-y one. If you're still seeing the old one it's just stuck in your cache. I think if you clear your cache or probably reboot you should be able to see it then.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: