eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

WHY NO STORE? My listings on Froogle only thru eCrater!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: WHY NO STORE? My listings on Froogle only thru eCrater! Reply with quote

I submitted my store to Google in August. My listings appeared in search but with the eCrater heading and not with my store name. Submitted again in September and October but still have the same result. . . My store is not being picked up except thru eCrater products. Sad

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything I can do to change these results? Embarassed

joyce
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not doing anything wrong - Google don't allow secondary URLs to post. That's one reason that ecrater.com submits them for you.

It wasn't until resently when ebay made a deal with google that ebay store items could show up in google with a direct link to that ebay store. That is if the ebay store owner submits it.

You won't - at least the way google is working now - see your items in froogle with a link to your store.

Besides, that would be duplicate items from the same seller and google don't allow that either.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: WHY NO STORE? My listings on Froogle only thru eCrater! Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
You are not doing anything wrong - Google don't allow secondary URLs to post. That's one reason that ecrater.com submits them for you.

Thank you BTM for the information as it makes the whole process easier once I understand how things work Surprised Sorry I was confused as should have written Google. instead of Froogle as the place where I have been sending my URL. Embarassed

Am I correct in thinking that by sending my URL to Google it will, if I am very lucky, result in my listing appearing on page 1 AND the searcher can then click and see all items I have listed in my store? Very Happy

If that is true then don't I have a major problem when doing a Google search shows the eCrater logo still over my listings instead of my store logo? Should I continue to send in my URL to Google or is there anything else I can do? Can an URL be "black balled" by submitting too many times? Crying or Very sad

joyce
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I correct in thinking that by sending my URL to Google it will, if I am very lucky, result in my listing appearing on page 1 AND the searcher can then click and see all items I have listed in my store?

Sending your URL to Google will allow google to know your store exsist. Now as for getting on page one, GOOD LUCK! My site that I have had for years appears on page one on MSN but for the life of me I can't get anwhere on google - because I don't have deep enough pockets to compete with places like Ralph Lauren, King Size, Casual Male and all the rest of those that pay big dollars to be in the top stops.

If you make it onto the google pages yes your items will appear and link to your store. GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Can an URL be "black balled" by submitting too many times?

From what I have read - YES!
Submitting once every TWO MONTHS if you are not already included is ok but more then that could hurt you forever!
Keep in mind that ALL search engines claim to take 4-8 weeks to find you AFTER submission - so you got to allow them that time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: