eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not allowed: Dropshippers and distributors?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Not allowed: Dropshippers and distributors? Reply with quote

[quote from="eCratertext"] All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too. [/quote]

Quote:
Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too.
Would this includes a person who BUYS from dropshippers? How about Avon Ladies? Can they sell Avon on eCrater? If they use their own Avon imgaes in listings?

My Question: I have a cleaning product that I have investigated and found only one person (distributor) selling it on eBay. I am considering buying the product from my local distributor but dont want to purchase and find I can't list it on eCrater!

joyce
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

affiliate and dropshippers can list and sell on ecrater.com --- the biggest thing is they are not suppose to come up in ecrater.com search or be feed to google. ---- I believe that is a google rule.

Problem with things like Avon and other representives like Amway, Watkins, Fuller Brush ect is NOT only to representitives (affiliates) of those companies sell the items but folks that buy out a representitive. So it's not easy to determine who is and who isn't. The safest thing to do is use your own images not stock photos from a catalogue - that way at least it appears that you own the products.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Not allowed: Dropshippers and distributors? Reply with quote

Thanks BTM for the information.
cliftonswholesale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclamation WHAT??? Can I put an affiliate here in ecrater? But How? There is NO Html for banner allowed here? How does it work? Confused
What about an affiliate link and where do I put it in which forum?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CliftonsWholesale wrote:
Exclamation WHAT??? Can I put an affiliate here in ecrater? But How? There is NO Html for banner allowed here? How does it work? Confused
What about an affiliate link and where do I put it in which forum?

You can have a store with affiliate items BUT they will not come up in a regular search and they will not be sent to Froogle.google.

There is NO banner allowed.

It's not about affiliate links - this is about affiliate products for sale.
cliftonswholesale

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh Okay I get it. Thanks BTM Very Happy
ourhouse

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can have a store with affiliate items BUT they will not come up in a regular search and they will not be sent to Froogle.google

Why is that??? Is there something about dropshippers that Ecrater does not like? I am new here so I really do not know.

Thanks,
Chris[/i]
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why is that??? Is there something about dropshippers that Ecrater does not like? I am new here so I really do not know.

Thanks,
Chris

Did you read the terms?
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too.
ourhouse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read that, but I am curious as to why they have this rule. Is it due to some horror stories ppl have about dropshippers or maybe something else? To give you an example, I buy from a dropshipper and I use thier pictures so I save a lot of time. By reading those terms. I take it that my listing will not be added to google/froogle and will be indexed at bottom of searches. It just doesn't seem right.

Thanks,
Chris
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ourhouse,
I think that this dropshipping rules is an issue with google, not ecrater. ecrater has to abide by the google rules to submit the product feeds.

good day,
Lu
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandcraftedDollsbyLu wrote:
Hello ourhouse,
I think that this dropshipping rules is an issue with google, not ecrater. ecrater has to abide by the google rules to submit the product feeds.

good day,
Lu

Dropshipping is not an issue with Google believe me. I have been doing this for years and it's has never been an issue feeding my products to Froogle/Google Base. I market my dropship products on Ebay and other sites that send a feed to Gbase and they do just fine. I also do my own feed from my websites.

If anyone is concerned that ecrater isn't feeding your stuff, just use your xml (rss feed) and do it yourself. This way you have control over it.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello aspen, thank you for clearing this up, I really didn't know, but was just repeating what I had read on the forum about it being a google issue, so I guess not, and it is with ecrater. So, the question still remains, why is this so?
Maybe someone else has the answer.
Have a great day!

Lu
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is that eCrater doesn't want to be flooded with pages of the same products.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
My impression is that eCrater doesn't want to be flooded with pages of the same products.

Neither does froogle.
Ever notice that if you have 149 pairs of jeans listed on ecrater.com that froogle will not bring up ever pair in there search. It's the same type of deal. Only so many of one item actually will appear in a search on froggle. Froogle decides which ones show up and which ones don't.

I agree with PS that eCrater.com don't want the flooded categories, therefore they elimate it from searches within ecrater.com and elimate them from all going to froogle as well.
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
HandcraftedDollsbyLu wrote:
Hello ourhouse,

good day,
Lu

Dropshipping is not an issue with Google believe me. I have been doing this for years and it's has never been an issue feeding my products to Froogle/Google Base. I market my dropship products on Ebay and other sites that send a feed to Gbase and they do just fine. I also do my own feed from my websites.

If anyone is concerned that ecrater isn't feeding your stuff, just use your xml (rss feed) and do it yourself. This way you have control over it.

How do i do a rss feed? Not good at this stuff:) I use dropship items also. I get alot of lookers, but no sales. People are coming over though. I also promote through ebay by lisiting a few items. I like my site, and hope it will work.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: