eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Just for my info: Lots of hits and views
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momsretro

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead how nice you are! Thanks. Your pot has 76 hits, the other has 35.

I tweet my stuff sometimes, it helps get some extra views. I don't think I've sold anything I've tweeted though. I think I'm going to tweet categories and see what happens.

And use the hash mark (#) in your tweet. People can search on #ecrater or whatever on twitter search. But that seems to help me find fellow gardeners more than it does buyers right now.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think getting a lot of hits is a good thing, even when they are not turning into purchases right away. They would show your site is popular and would help your standing in search engines. And that in it's turn will bring in buyers.
LeatherNiche

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: About Counts, Hits & Site Visitors Reply with quote

This month has been my most active month in terms of hits since I opened on Jan 24th 2009 and had 95 hits for that month. Feb = 452 hits, Mar 283 hits, Apr 524 hits and as of today May 31, Ive had 1,676 hits No Sales

I have 82 items in my store, everything is hand made. I use google analytics and although I only sell in the U.S, I have had several visitors from other countries. Now, Im not real computer literate, I just do the best I can. Google analytics shows (Thanks to Mod for telling me about it) I have had 63 visitors for this month. Now, 1,676 hits divided by 31 days is 54 hits a day from 63 visitors..,? guess BOTS can be visitors?

It may be those BOTS checking on me, I dont know. Two items have the most hits for this month, a leather painting of a Black Bass (fish) = 49 hits and a Japanese Maple branch carving called, "Sermon On The Mount," with 45 hits.

I've counted every hit and on what product to get a feel for what the market liked. Thing is, my scope of the market is very small and if a Motorcycle rider finds me, those image counts go up. I can almost get a good idea if the viewer is male or female at least, I think I can.

There lots of ways to assume what is going on in terms of the # of hits. No sales, that is probably, due to my pricing, but its hand made. Either the market is going to have to mature or I am, right, my pricing stays as is. My hope is that as Christmas nears, (yep, its on the way) many will come back for that special item and they wont find it anywhere else as far as I know.

So, I have no answers, Im just sharing what I have found.

My best wishes to all of you, be determined, things will change.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: