eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello and question about ecrater directory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dickorydare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Hello and question about ecrater directory Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I just started the process of opening an ecrater store after closing down my yahoo store. I love the idea I got from the forums of having an optimized site through go daddy that links to products at ecrater. I was getting tired of paying the monthly fees at yahoo, seeing as how I wasn't making enough to cover it.

Anyway, my question is: Does ecrater have a directory of stores where you can go straight to the store without going to the product first? Or, more to the point, it seems that if you find a product you like and you want to view the seller's other items, the only way to do that is to type their URL into the browser because there is no link to the seller's store to click on. Can that be right or am I missing something?

I'm definately excited about ecrater and love the forums and friendly community. Hopefully over the week I'll get my store going: Dickory Dare Infant and Toddler Resale Boutique. If anyone else is doing children's resale, I'd love to talk!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to ecrater.
At the bottom of this message you will see www click that and it goes to my store.

Everyone has their own store front.
But I have seen in those click to search places that when one item gets a hit and you go to the categories I have seen more then their items in their.

I have never seen a place that list all the stores. Don't think their is one.

You have to promote your own store and it does get promoted in google/froogle.
Any place else just type in your http://www.(name).ecrater.com and your store front will come up.

Good luck in you sales.

T
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and question about ecrater directory Reply with quote

At eCrater.com there isn't a store list to choose from, just a search function for products.

dickorydare wrote:
Or, more to the point, it seems that if you find a product you like and you want to view the seller's other items, the only way to do that is to type their URL into the browser because there is no link to the seller's store to click on. Can that be right or am I missing something?

Actually, that URL that you see is clickable -- it just doesn't look like the other three links around, don't know why that is though.
dickorydare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Hello and question about ecrater directory Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Actually, that URL that you see is clickable -- it just doesn't look like the other three links around, don't know why that is though.

Wow! I knew I was missing something! I've been brainwashed by years of bright blue link text. I feel better now.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hello and question about ecrater directory Reply with quote

dickorydare wrote:
poopsheet wrote:

Wow! I knew I was missing something! I've been brainwashed by years of bright blue link text. I feel better now.

Yes poopsheet and dickorydare,
the only store link on our listings, is very small and unnoticeable and does not even look like a link!
How many shoppers did not and do not realize that there is a store link provided there?
How many shoppers wanted to browse a sellers other items, but couldn't find a way to get to them?
I hope admin will consider making the store link more noticeable and bigger, and at the least, make it look like a link.
It would also be wonderful to have our store link on all of our listings regardless of where the shopper came in from, so we would have a consistent way to direct our shoppers to our store from our listings.
A "see my other items" link was mentioned in another thread, and I think an excellent idea to have at the end of each listing also.
Have a great evening!
Lu
dickorydare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: Store links Reply with quote

HandcraftedDollsbyLu,

Yes you're right. I hate to rock the boat right out of the gate., but it really suprised me that there was no "view other items" link or anything. I was copying and pasting the store url into the browser, all the time never realizing I could just click.

What do you mean
Quote:
It would also be wonderful to have our store link on all of our listings regardless of where the shopper came in from

Do listings look different in different circumstances? Haven't had much time to work on my store, but hope to this weekend.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do listings look different in different circumstances?

If a buyer comes DIRECTLY to your store - there is NO store link because they are already there - if they hit home or FAQ or any other pages it takes them to your info.
IF a buyer comes from froogle/google they are in ecrater.com NOT in your store - then if they click on home or any other pages it takes them to ECRATER.COM home page etc. Ever item on the ecrater.com site shows a link within the product to the sellers store.
dickorydare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Curiouser and curiouser Reply with quote

Quote:
Every item on the ecrater.com site shows a link within the product to the sellers store.

Is there any particular reason that the link doesn't look like a typical link? You'd have to agree that it doesn't look "clickable." I am a go-with-the-flow type person, it just makes me curious. Is it about not giving any particular store an advantage in product searches? For example, the customer searches ecrater for "candles." He gets 100 results. He clicks on one and decides not purchase it. Rather than clicking on an obvious blue link to the sellers store to see what other candles they have, he back clicks to the original search results and clicks on the next candle which is from a different seller.

I can live with that, I just wonder what the logic is.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there any particular reason that the link doesn't look like a typical link?

I have no clue. I am just a seller here like everyone else - except I begged to get this forum going because I was help ecrater sellers on all kinds of other forum boards - just made sense to me that ecrater.com had a forum.
dickorydare

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen your posts all over the place as I've been soaking in all the info. It looks like you do a major amount of work helping people like me get started. I appreciate it. Thanks for posting.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello dickorydare,

you're not rocking the boat, that is what these discussion forums are for, and new members have to ask questions and give their thoughts and opinions about things!

Yes, you've been cutting and pasting, never realizing that the store link was a link, I'm certain lots of shoppers have not realized it either! Why the link does not look clickable, especially when it is near other links that do look clickable is puzzling?

And yes, our listings do look different depending on the circumstances like bigtallman has explained. One listing, but displayed differently if in our store, or if from the search engine.

I really don't think that obscuring the store link is an advantage to sellers, but certainly it is a disadvantage to shoppers. Shoppers like to browse other items because of the savings on postage, and the convenience of buying several items from one seller, rather than one item each from many different sellers. Easier to keep track of, shipped together, etc.
I can't see the logic either. I can't think of a site that doesn't encourage looking at the sellers other items or visiting their store. It is surprising to me too.
I've posted in about the confusing navigation before; easy and clear navigation is very important according to everything I've read. There's another thread going on now that's discussing this also at:
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1759&highlight=

Hope everyone has a great week-end!
Lu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: