eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Lookers but no buyers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pamperedpups

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Lookers but no buyers Reply with quote

It's very frustrating to see that I've had many items looked at but nobody has bought anything. I am very surprised and the only reason I can think of is that there has to be a $25 minimum due to the policy of the warehouse where the items are shipped from. I know to some it seems like a lot but I think in today's world a lot of people spend $25++++++ on many shopping sites including big names not including S&H. My store offers NO S&H FEES! So whatever the price is plus tax and that's it! I'm at a loss of what else to do. I have so many cool items listed but nobody seems interested enough to buy. I need to know what others think in order to help me better my store. I am open to suggestions, please be kind...a girl can only take so much haha:) Thank you!!!!

*What I have done*
I've posted/advertised on many other sites, submitted my link to other sites.

I attempted that place "Reallysmartdeals.com" and that was a headache and a half, I didn't understand the site and didn't want to waste more time on it.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is why no one is buying but the $25 minimun may be confusing. I understand what you're saying and why but truth is most shoppers just don't take the time to read everything. It looks like your mention of a minimum purchase is only on your "terms" page.

I may be wrong but if a shopper finds one of your products from a search on the main ecrater site, they don't see your terms unless the go to your store. ...hope that made sense Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can think of is that there has to be a $25 minimum due to the policy of the warehouse

I don't see how that can be the issue becaue looking at your item
http://pamperedpups.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=535601
which cost $14.99 there is no mention at all of a minimum order - so how would they even know?
YES, it's on your home page and maybe other places BUT if they search through the ecrater site or froogle they won't ever see your home page without going there.

ALTHOUGH, Since your store is an affilate store your items are not feed to froogle from ecrater.com (see terms of use)
WELL ON SECOND THOUGHT - after doing a search I see they are showing up in froogle.

What I see is that you charge $4.99 for a Bandanna and others are selling them for $2.95. That might be part of the issue.
pamperedpups

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Bandannas Reply with quote

I'll consider reviewing my prices but people also don't have to pay S&H so that's a nice benefit. When I froogled my bandanna I did see both $2.95 and $4.99 but those don't include the S&H as well as tax. If I could I really would remove the $25 minimum but then I would have no business because my orders wouldn't be able to be placed...it really sucks!

I wish I knew what people were thinking / so many people look but just don't want to buy.......I'm bummed out!

I refuse to give up though! I will hang in there and try changing things around more. I did add to my Home text a bit. I also changed the featured item on the home page.

How long did it take you guys before you got a sale? I know every store is different but just curious.

Thank you guys! Keep the thoughts coming. I'm open to them.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are charging shipping and handling - we all know it's not free. It's built into your price. So when they look in froogle and sort by price your's is on the high end. They don't see that's there is no shipping charges added to it they just see that's it's high.

That's one problem with shipping built in the price.

IF you have a $25 minimum you need to get that in every description because as I pointed out - it's not there. NO WAY would a potential buyer even know about that.
pamperedpups

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Minimum Reply with quote

Do you all know how long that would take to put $25 minimum purchase on every item I have listed? OMG! When my 2-year-old is grown and out of the house I will revise all the items hahaha! Until then, it will have to be when my day is full of free time....totally not holding my breath.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you only have 179 items --- only those under $25 need to be revised.

Now when you got over 2000 items that's a problem.

My point is - if you get a buyer that don't buy over $25 worth -- then YOU got a problem. No where in the description does it say they need to buy $25.00

Here's an idea --- don't list items less then $25.
Like instead of doing individual bandana at $4.99 each do 6 for $29.94
that's over $25 and you won't have to worry.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if Google is your only payment option then that turns away anybody who hasn't signed up with them yet or who just prefers to only use PayPal, money order, whatever.

As for the $25.00 minimum, BigTall's idea is a good one:

Quote:
Here's an idea --- don't list items less then $25.
Like instead of doing individual bandana at $4.99 each do 6 for $29.94
that's over $25 and you won't have to worry.
pamperedpups

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Alrighty Then Reply with quote

My goodness...you guys keep it pretty real and don't hold back. I asked for it and I got it. Thank you for your advice, it is appreciated not matter how direct it was. I will do my best to make some changes and see what comes out of it.

Thanks again.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My goodness...you guys keep it pretty real and don't hold back.

It's in my (and everyone here's) best interest for EVERY seller to be successful on ecrater.com.
Why? Because if you are successful, that means you are bringing in buyers. Never know those buyers might decide to look at the whole site and see what else is here!

Quote:
it is appreciated not matter how direct it was

Sorry, I am not a sugar coater. Besides, I figure it's your business. You got go decide if you want to listen to advice offered (free of charge) or not.
Question is - do you pay attention to what successful sellers do? or do you decide you not to?
pamperedpups

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Trying Reply with quote

That's why I posted the question because I knew somebody such as yourself would reply with advice. I have checked out other peoples stores to see things such as set up and how people do their text pages as I've never done something like this before. I must say I'm happy with what I have learned and enjoy it and hope to learn much more. Wink
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should let your customers know that your price includes shipping in your description. Sure it says $0.00 at the top right of the screen for shipping charges, but if you spell it out in the title, you'll find more buyers coming your way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: