eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Introduce Yourself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeartInSong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Introduce Yourself Reply with quote

Confused
My name is Joy and I'm very new to this whole thing (web site building, selling on-line, navigating this site, etc.)and a bit bewildered. It may take me a long time to set up my store (heartinsong) for business. I've just put up a couple items so far and have a great deal of work ahead before selling. I create custom jewelry--primarily in semi-precious stone (part time) and feel I need an on-line presence. If anyone else creates jewelry, I would enjoy a chat. (I may have to learn a bit more about navigating the community and posting pages first.) I just found this page and hope it is the right place to post introductions. I've read several posts and appreciate their supportive nature. You are welcome to visit my store even though it is still under construction.
--Joy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Buytime

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the eCrater family Joy.

Kenny
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeartInSong - you might want to correct your logo. You have your store as HeartInSong.ecrater.net ---- it should be a .com

Also you spelling on your category
Magnatized Hemetite

I am moving to North Dakota IF sales tax really just over a half %???

Last edited by zickit on Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.
Your store is off to a good start.
Good luck in your sales.

T
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcoem to ecrater.Good luck with your store Smile
HeartInSong

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the warm welcome and help Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help. It took a while, but I figured out how to correct my sales tax (sorry, BigTall-maybe ND isn't the place for you after all Embarassed), hematite category and logo. The logo was most confusing as it doesn' show corrected in the preview until the next day. Am I doing something wrong or does it always take that long?

I'll be adding to my store as soon as I'm satisfied with the pictures I take of my work. Does anyone have suggestions for good jewelry photography? (Maybe this should be posted as another subject.)

I appreciate your help and good will. Thanks
Joy
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
sorry, BigTall-maybe ND isn't the place for you after all

I thought that was wrong - which is why I pointed it out
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Joy. A word of advice: take care with your spelling. You have hematite spelled incorrectly most of the time. A is correct. E is wrong. Frequent spelling and grammar errors and are a turn-off and make your site look unprofessional.

We all make typos we don't catch but if you are prone to spelling errors spend a few minutes double checking. It might be a good idea to write your descriptions in Word and use a spell checker before inserting into the listing.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to online selling! It's alot of work and can be really fun when making your own items. I think that bigger pictures will help potential customers see the details of your necklaces.
adoralane

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the warm welcome and help Reply with quote

HeartInSong wrote:

I'll be adding to my store as soon as I'm satisfied with the pictures I take of my work. Does anyone have suggestions for good jewelry photography? (Maybe this should be posted as another subject.)

Hi Joy. I just started an ecrater jewelry store as well and must say it has been a whole lot easier than making my own!

Here is a site that may help with photographing jewelry: http://www.tabletopstudio.com/documents/jewelry_photography.htm

Good luck!
cuppatea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Exploring Ecrater Reply with quote

Hello all, I've been a lurker over on the feebay boards and here, and am exploring Ecrater. I've been a buyer but not a seller, and want to expand my horizons. Signed up for an ecrater store, but have a LOT of studying to do before opening. My niche is teacup/saucers, lenox, belleek, antique china, and collectibles. I don't see a lot of what I want to sell here yet, don't know if that is good or bad.

It's great to see such a positive attitude on these boards!

I'm also testing my avatar, forgive me if I post a couple of times to get it right. (editing, see if that will change it)

Looking forward to learning and sharing
heather ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: