eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

short downtime
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: short downtime Reply with quote

eCRATER had a short downtime because one of the servers failed.

We brought the system back to today 7.00 am PDT. Everything you did after will not be recovered so you have to re-enter it. This included also orders so make sure you check your Paypal and Google Checkout for orders today.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
KratomKeepers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh i hope this doesn't happen often. I worked 6+ hours on my site today and then the site went down and all my work has gone bye bye Sad
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens once in a blue moon.
justask

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting what happened! (Thought I was imagining that I posted items this afternoon.) So---all I have to do is take new pictures, no worries. I would even say that it happens every OTHER blue moon! Thanks for all your efforts to keep eCrater on line!
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really stinks.

I spent hours uploading pictures and writing descriptions.

Also, I charged and order today. Google checkout says it is charged but eCrater doesn't.

It would be nice if we could backup our own database to our own computers.

Last edited by bricksandbeams on Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's what happened to the order that I got this morning. I had already processed it through Google, but it no longer shows on my admin page.
acread

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should prepare a backup before putting it at eCrater. You should not be relying on a second party to keep your info safe to begin with. That is the first rule of using a computer. Always have up to date backup.

Try writing the descriptions on your desktop in a word processor before copying them in and definitely have a copy of your images in your desktop (or a CD or a flash drive) before you upload them. And don't erase them after a while while after you delivered the item. You'll never know what will come up as debate.
momsretro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for letting us know. I know it wasn't your fault, and AC is right, this is only the second problem I've heard of in 2+ years here. Both times not eCrater's fault.

Bricks, I'm sorry if you lost your listings. I know it won't help for today, but I write up my listings in Word, then copy and paste onto eCrater. It helps with my spelling and I have a record of what is out there. And, even on normal days I've seen a lag between Google Checkout and eCrater, hopefully the system will catch up.
bricksandbeams

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I need to setup an Access database.

Thanks.
thriftysisters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, same thing happened to me. I had an order today and they paid with google checkout. It shows there but not here. I was also working on one of my other stores and had around 20 listings done and they went poof. I have all my pics and descriptions on my computer so it won't take any time to relist which I'm thankful for. I've been here for about 2+yrs or so I think and I don't ever remember something like this happening so yeah it must be a very rare occasion.
skincareideas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have items disappearing in my store as well. But now there is a bigger problem. There are items from other sellers in my store. Would appreciate that eCrater remove them asap. Thanks.
critsyscollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pffft!! And I was all excited because I had just finished putting a bunch of stuff on there!!
williamstimetunnel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this explains what happened to my three new listings today. But I did do a search for them in my administrative tool. I found them in red: delete pending. That was something new.

Well, I'll just relist them. I can't complain, this is the first glitch I've experienced at ecrater in my almost two years here.

The items were three vintage Christmas cards from ex-Mouseketeer and The Lawrence Welk Show hoofer Bobby Burgess. I had to laugh, as Bobby Burgess is just about one of the most inoffensive, noncontroversial people ever. If ecrater is banning Bobby, I thought, then the rest of us don't stand a chance.
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skincareideas wrote:
I have items disappearing in my store as well. But now there is a bigger problem. There are items from other sellers in my store. Would appreciate that eCrater remove them asap. Thanks.

Interesting... What are some examples of items that are from other sellers? Question

bricksandbeams wrote:
Yea, I need to setup an Access database.

Thanks.

Creating an Access database is a great idea. But if you're short on time, try using Excel or any other spreadsheet. This allows you to organize your data into columns which can be easily imported if need to where text files are accepted. If you sell on other sites as well, this is a great way to manage all your inventory. Very Happy

critsyscollectibles wrote:
Pffft!! And I was all excited because I had just finished putting a bunch of stuff on there!!

Awww... Hope you're able to add all your products back into your store again soon.

Overall, Ecrater has been fantastic. Appreciate the fact that Ecrater Admin and Team are always on top of any issues that may come up, however rare. Not only that, but they also keep us posted of such issues and any subsequent developments.

We know it can be frustrating to have spent hours on adding new products, entering titles and descriptions, uploading photos, creating tags and all. It's unfortunate when a technical bug or downtime causes the loss of such data but we also have to bear in mind and be grateful that Ecrater is providing us with an easy to use store builder that's also free of charge to sellers... Cool

Cheers!
skincareideas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asaneagifts wrote:
skincareideas wrote:

Interesting... What are some examples of items that are from other sellers? Question

They are gone now. They are mainly bags, cigarette posters, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: