eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

First sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FewOfMyFavoriteThings

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: First sale Reply with quote

Was curious how quickly it took to make your first sale. Getting lots of hits. no buyers?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of early hits are search engines looking for new material and not human generated.

How fast humans get involved depends on what you are selling and how much you promote your own store. I opened with a sale of first listing because when I was on eBay, a woman wanted a discount for a bulk order so I created it here and gave her the discount. My first listing was an instant sale. Moreover she left feedback.

Suggestion: add your store name where you have the treasure chest. Either add to the chest or replace the chest with a logo with your store name clearly legible. Also show multiple pictures of your used items. You saying something is in excellent condition doesn't carry any weight when you are new.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked your store and I agree with Maggie the cat and have a few more observations.

I saw your UGG boots. You definitely need more photos including close ups of the bottom of the boots and of each side of each boot IMHO. You also have coded an attribute incorrectly [!size :7!] should be [!size:7!] no space after the colon. Also for something you are charging so much for, couldn't you add some more description? I noted you had a pair of sneakers (I think they were) Baby Phat or something. You only mention the color in the title, you are depending heavily on your lone picture to sell them because you don't even bother to say they lace up with shoelaces (from the old woman who uses sneakers with velcro).

Now my usual speech. Not sure when you opened your store, but think about it. You have 35 items. There are several million listings just here on ecrater alone. Have you checked how many are selling say a size 7 pair of UGG boots? Have you checked the internet to see how many sellers besides UGG themselves are selling UGG boots? This is not to discourage you, but to help you see what your competition is. You have to stand out over and above all those sellers to sell just one pair of boots. Most of us barely have a fraction of a drop of water in the ocean of stuff for sale on line which means we have to be the BEST, we have to promote and market our stores. We have to have the best store, the best titles, the best listings, the best photos, etc. to get sales. And for most you need to keep adding product. It only takes one buyer to fall into your shop and see something else they want instead of what drew them in initially to make a sale.

Google doesn't give most web sites much prominence until the url has been active for around 6 months, so newbies with few items have an uphill battle for the first bit. It took, I think, a couple of months for my first sale, and I had about 1000 things listed before I had regular monthly sales and as I listed more, I got more sales. Currently we are going through a bit of a funky time here and my sales are slow, but still averaging about 2 a day while I would like about 6 a day Very Happy What are your sales goals? I asked that of someone once and their goal amount was more than the number of items in their store! Remember that if you want a sale a day, you probably need somewhere in the vicinity of 300-600 items depending on what you sell. That is just a guess on my part without actual facts other than my own sales history to back me up, but to me it makes sense. There is no way most of us would ever sell out our entire inventory in the course of the month other than cheapskirt and her sweater store at Christmas. To me selling out my entire listed inventory in a month would give me a heart attack!

Just some things to think about or to answer your question quickly--it depends!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: