eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

They are looking, but.... not many sales

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deezgrafixandskins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: They are looking, but.... not many sales Reply with quote

Hey guys. I just opened an ecrater store last week. I have managed to get 3 sales from former ebay customers, but that's about it so far. I have noticed that I am getting a lot of hits, but nobody is buying anything.
I would love it if maybe someone would be willing to take a look at my site and maybe give me some feedback as to why no one is buying.
Thanks in advance! Dee

www.deezgrafixandskins.ecrater.com
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, it takes a while for the search engines to list your site, taking into concideration you have taken the steps to submit it in the first place. eCrater automatically lists all items on the site with Froogle and if I'm not mistaken, Google Base. You still need to do everything possible on your side to be found by the millions out their searching. Make sure you have done the title & description tags in your admin section properly. Make sure you use your item title to it's fullest potential. Make sure your description of your items are complete. Since you offer free shipping, I would spell it out in your item title so that it will show up in searches. Your prices seem good, give it some time. No one has overnight success here or anywhere else for that matter.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
deezgrafixandskins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your advice. It makes sense. I know people are looking, but not ENOUGH people yet. I will be patient and hopefully my site will start popping up on the search engines that I submitted it to. Thanks again for the advice. Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, be advised that (a) it can take a couple of months for the search engines to find you, and (b) eCrater doesn't really have much built-in shopping traffic.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advertise
Advertise
Advertise

You got to figure out what advertising works to get customers into your store. ecrater.com does not do that for you.
moondance4me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all,

I just made my ver first sale on eCrater! Shocked Laughing

It was a great way to start my day. I know sales are slow, they are all over, even on the larger sites or, more so called 'established' sites. I was surprised at the sale as I haven't really done much advertising at all. I am planning on aggressively advertising after the new year comes in. BigTall is right, without the advertising it's hard to make a sale. If people don't know you are there, it becomes a 'needle in the haystack' type of thing. What I like about this site, over some of the others, is that it is 'clean'. By that I mean it is very easy to find what you want, very easy to list and edit and upload pics etc. It looks good to buyers (sellers too) all the little perks, bells and whistles seem to be in place and I'm sure as time goes on it will even be better.
Anyway, all I can say is, it does take work when you sell on line, not something that you just throw up there and wait for the customers to find you. You have to go looking for them and guide them to you!
Hangy in there, advertise, moniter your site and always read the boards for helpful hints and tips. What other experienced sellers have to say is important! That's how I'm learning for sure.
Good luck to all and hope you all have a blessed and peaceful holiday and a prosperous new year!

Myra
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moondance congrats on your first sale! WOW! Here is to more sales to come...those are good observations. Google AdWords is one way and many others are posted on various threads here, you are right, one can learn tons fromt he boards!

Cheers Laughing
deezgrafixandskins

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the great advice. I have noticed that my site is popping up on google now. I'm on page three of google when I type in "xbox 360 skins". That's great! That item is the item that I sell the most of, so I'm headed in the right direction. Since my items are geared towards teens and 20 somethings, I created a myspace profile for my site. I'm getting a few hits from there. I also think that I am getting some hits from google as well. I sold 3 things in the last week, and one of them was one of my custom decal packages, which is a high dollar item on my site. It's been slow for a couple of days now, but I'm very hopeful that it will pick up after Christmas. I'm going to keep working hard at it, and I feel confident that this will eventually be a good source for a second income. I'm really glad that I chose ecrater. The store set up is great, and the other members are helpful and encouraging. Thanks again! Merry Christmas to everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: