eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with opening a second eCRATER store.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Help with opening a second eCRATER store. Reply with quote

Hey guys & gals,
I would like to open a second store to sell odds & ends that do not fit into the Genre of my Security Alarm Guru store. I was wondering if any of you could help me out with this. I.E. can I use my same PayPal and Google Wallet, Do I need to use a different email. Etc.. Etc..

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I could not locate it in the forums. Thanks, in advance for your help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Help with opening a second eCRATER store. Reply with quote

securityalarmguru wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I could not locate it in the forums.

Here you go:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=30666

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=27374
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fox,

Ok so I read them and I THINK I understand about Google wallet. I would assume that paypal will not be an issue (well, no more than normal), so I think THAT part as well as a second registration email, are not a problem.

One more question, that maybe a mod can answer, as I have already email eCRATER and have not recived a response.

The Name I wanted for my new store is already taken. However, it has been inactive since 2008 and has only one product listed and 0 sales.

How long till eCRATER will shut it down?
I would think that having store that are "obviously" forgotten, could look bad for the community itself. I understand that some stores may be inactive for a time, but 4 years could be considered a bit exessive.

Thanks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long till eCRATER will shut it down?

Doubt if it will be. You would be better off picking a new name if you want to get started. Someone may have abandoned their store or opened it to have their store name in place for when they have time in the future to build the store, or it may be their selling name all over and they don't want anyone else to use it. Lots of reasons, but unless ecrater has just started doing it, I haven't heard of abandoned stores getting turned off. I have seen though, some sellers after having been away for a few years come back to their store and start selling with a vengence.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Someone may have abandoned their store or opened it to have their store name in place for when they have time in the future to build the store, or it may be their selling name all over and they don't want anyone else to use it.

1st, four years is a long time if it were waiting for time to open it.. just my thought, I know what you are saying, but don't think it is fair to people who are ready now to steal a name from a "Free" site. If this were a paid site, then that would be understandable.

Just like a domain name, if you buy it, then fine. but to "lock" a name on a free site, I don't think that should even be allowed. I'm sure I'm not the only community member who feels that way, I would be quite surprised if I am.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

securityalarmguru wrote:
I THINK I understand about Google wallet

You just use the same callback thing as you did in the first store. Same setup.

securityalarmguru wrote:
The Name I wanted for my new store is already taken. However, it has been inactive since 2008 and has only one product listed and 0 sales.

I can't answer for eCrater, of course, but I just want to say that it may be a good idea to come up with a name that cannot be confused with an existing store, whether active or abandoned. So, for example, if the existing store is JoesStuff, you wouldn't want to make your store JoesStuffOnline or whatever
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like laying on my belly and poudning and kicking on the floor.

But I want THAT name !!!

Very Happy

I guess I will have to wait and HOPE that maybe eCRATER will reply.

Maybe.. just maybe they will try to contact the individual and then shut it down.

I don't want to say the name of the store, as it is.. of course... Top Secret.. lol
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found it is much easier to work with ecrater's system that they have in place, rather than expect to be treated differently than everyone else. It makes things much more productive for me than spending a lot of time complaining that things should be different. Perhaps that is a mindset that would help you and some of the other people who come on to the forum after just starting a store complaining about things.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Wait a Minute.

I'm not complaining. I'm very happy here. I'm not looking for special treatment. I had my question answered, and know that members can do nothing about the store in question. And yes I am a new store, and not even close to complete. However I am in no way new to the business that I am in.

I have emailed eCRATER, I will wait for thier reply. I Have made the suggestion in the appropriate forum now, and I will most likely just use another store name. No big deal. It just would have been nice to get the name I wanted, and it would not have even bothered me had the store been active.

Sometimes things that are typed can come across the wrong way, so if anyone thinks that I was complaining, i appologize. I am a fairly sarcastic individual as well, but I never mean to be offensive or rude.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what your chosen name is and whether you are so fixated on it because it is clever or tickles a soft fuzzy place in your heart. I'm assuming it is because you really like the name.

Try playing around with your favorite name switching the order of the words or writing them backwards or substituting a rhyming word for one of the words.

Look at the meaning of the chosen name and play with synonyms for the words. You don't have to change a lot of the name. Some people only add an S or ING or change store to stall or similar.

Examples: I'm using forum posters as examples.
If you had wanted to use the name TyreeTrading you could add Place to the name.
Change Momsretro to Popsretro. (even if you are a mom)
WalkerSteals to JayWalkerSteals.

As for eCRATER not removing abandoned stores, I suppose it has to do with income. eCRATER makes a pittance from the Google ads on these and other stores not in compliance in some way.

I don't think the empty stores bother shoppers because there is no store directory. A shopper looks for a product. If the store has no products it will never show up on a search. Therefore it doesn't make the site look bad.

Stores that have been stocked and abandoned or ignored are a different matter because they do show up in searches and there is no way for an inexperienced shopper to know that unless they examine the store and feedback closely.

By the way you might want to tell us the name you want. We might be able to twist it for you or make close second suggestions. Since it is an abandoned shop the seller is not going to mind.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL,

Yeah, I know I'm not gonna get it. And you make some pretty good points, about the search engines, I hadn't thought of that.

I have been kicking alternate name around.

The site I wanted was YardSale. Even looking at the site with there logo was quite nifty. Such a waste to have such a great name go to waste on an inactive page.

I think I will use YardSaleGuru, it is available, and will still work just fine.

Thanks everyone for you input. I think I am still gonna use a modified version of that logo though.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yard Sale Guru. I like that. It's kind of catchy so I would definitely remember that name, and maybe others would too. I think that's a good pick for you. I keep wishing I could change my store name everyday because when my mother first opened this store (she used to own it and then she passed it down to me to take over) she picked a name (Bear Creek) that has been used all over the place. I searched online and there are dozens of results that come up for Bear Creek or thrift stores located in Bear Creek such and such USA. I truly believe that a name can help make or break a business.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too think Yardsaleguru is a good name and far better than just yardsale which is way over used. You are also connecting your businesses in a way with the use of Guru in both store names.
securityalarmguru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Thanks for all your encouragement.

I did get it,

http://yardsaleguru.ecrater.com

And I think it is comeing along. It is still on hold, of course. But feel free to check it out. I have not done any of the texts yet, but I have started the basic navigation and population.

It just takes for ever, I think I will get more sales from this store, but I get more self satisfaction from Security Alarm Guru, as that is a passion that I feel very strongly about.

Thanks again everyone for all of your input and support.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Looks like you've already done alot of work!!! Congrats on your new store.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: