eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why does this item get so much attention?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Why does this item get so much attention? Reply with quote

I'm scratching my head over this one. One of my 3 most popular items has 62 hits in 2 weeks but has not sold nor had an inquiry. It is not expensive nor a curiosity, nor does it carry a hefty shipping fee. Can't figure out if one person just keeps looking at it or if I'm totally missing the boat here. Does anyone else have items that get unusually high traffic?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this item a FEATURED item that appears in the upper right hand corner of your home page?
Is this item a category featured item that appears at the top of the cateogry list within your store?

If you answered yes to any of the above - there's your answer. Every time it appears there - counts as a hit! So if you have it in both places it will easily have 3 times the hits as any other item.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigTallMensClothing"]Is this item a FEATURED item that appears in the upper right hand corner of your home page?
Is this item a category featured item that appears at the top of the cateogry list within your store?[quote]

It's neither of those and thanks for drawing my attention to that. When I checked if it was featured on the specific category, I discovered I didn't have a featured item there. Have to take care of that.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well only thing I could guess - without a clue of what item it it - you must have some great keywords in there making it pop up alot!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a used apron. On my home page it is listed as most popular.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vintage Ruffle apron that says unused?

Could be that folks are looking for a Mrs Santa type looking apron for the holidays? Maybe??
so they are doing alot of searching in froggle for ruffled pinafore apron and yours pops up. hhhmmm I don't have a real answer for you.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think my things are on froogle. I send them to Google but have never seen a link for froogle. Do you have one? You seem to be the web encyclopedia. (I meant that kindly, by the way.)
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater.com automatically sends your items to google.froogle for you. You need to do nothing Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe somebody mentioned it on a blog or message board? That's one of the downsides of not having real stats -- no way to know what causes spikes like that..
biggkidtoyz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Is this item a FEATURED item that appears in the upper right hand corner of your home page?
Is this item a category featured item that appears at the top of the cateogry list within your store?

If you answered yes to any of the above - there's your answer. Every time it appears there - counts as a hit! So if you have it in both places it will easily have 3 times the hits as any other item.

The items that I have featured are really low hits, some only a couple of hits. So I'm not sure if they are really counting as hits there.

I have the two A Christmas Story items that I have and they have an average of 10 hits a day. I just wish that I had more in stock this season then I did.

Glad to see you are still around BigTall, how is your living in another state been for you? That was the last time I was around, when you were packing for your big move. I was moonlit on SD.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how is your living in another state been for you?

Never moved, lol. Long story.

Yes, I am correct in my statement about the HITS shown for featured items. My featured items have like 200+ hits so far this month well unfeatured items the highest hits are in the 60's.

I played with it long time ago just to see and watched the HIT counter increase with each time the item appeared.
biggkidtoyz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am correct in my statement about the HITS shown for featured items. My featured items have like 200+ hits so far this month well unfeatured items the highest hits are in the 60's.

I played with it long time ago just to see and watched the HIT counter increase with each time the item appeared.

Oh, the two items I have featured on my Frontpage have 2 Hits and the other has 0 hits. While my other items have anywhere from 6 to 140 hits.

I don't have any items featured in the category, so I cannot tell from this.

I wonder if this will change since my store is still new compared to yours.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh, the two items I have featured on my Frontpage have 2 Hits and the other has 0 hits. While my other items have anywhere from 6 to 140 hits.

This tells me that buyers are not coming to your store.
if they were your featured items on the home page - upper right side --- would have more hits.
The hits you are seeing are most likely they appearances in Froogle/google
biggkidtoyz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

This tells me that buyers are not coming to your store.
if they were your featured items on the home page - upper right side --- would have more hits.
The hits you are seeing are most likely they appearances in Froogle/google

They must be coming from somewhere then, I have had 5 Orders within this last week alone. Unless they are coming from Froogle/Google while they found a certain item and they never click on the homepage button/link. I guess that is what could be happening then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: