eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No Sales at all
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: No Sales at all Reply with quote

I am like what is going on???? I have had my business for over a year and have been selling on my website, and Etsy.com with much success. Especially on Etsy.com where I have been there for a little over a month and sold 32 items already. I come here and not one item sold. Is it because everyone prefers google checkout or what. I know that ecrater is not that widely known but my goodness. I know of someone else that have been here for 2 months and haven't sold a thing and he too have paypal and he refuses to change to google.

So is this the problem that everyone here prefers to use google checkout or is ecrater hasn't not really that widely known and established. I haven't heard of it till my friend told me about and I created a shop here. So not sure what the problem is.

Pegasus Handmade Soaps
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that you haven't had any sales.Are you promoting your store?Have you tried all the tips in this thread?
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4
Sales seem to go in streaks for me.Will go a long time without any and then have several.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Promotion Reply with quote

Yes I did all the search engines ( not sure how long it normally takes) I even have it advertised at my website as well. I don't remembe how long it took to get listed on googlem and I even add the links to my emails so yes I have done alot of promoting for this site but its slow going.

Thanks a bunch.
MIZombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I just posted about me not having any sales in the other thread. I see no point in switching to google check out really. I am not getting it either. I just sent out an email to about 6000 ppl about my store so I am hoping mabye just maybe I can get a sale here soon. Yeah I have done soooo good on etsy but I really feel the need to get that first sale here.

Z

've been quit for 1 Year, 8 Months, 3 Weeks, 2 Days, 13 hours, 33 minutes and 51 seconds
I've saved $5,693.08.
I've not smoked 25,302 cigarettes.
I've saved 2 Months, 3 Weeks, 5 Days, 20 hours and 30 minutes of my life.
My Quit Date: 3/29/2005 0:00
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Thought I had one sale Reply with quote

But it turned out it was done by accident, never paid for the item So back to having no sales. Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I did all the search engines
advertised at my website
even add the links to my emails

It will take alot more work then that to get your ecrater.com store rolling!

FYI - search engines can take 4-8 weeks before they ever find you. Then if you don't have the correct meta tags etc the search engines will have found you but the buyers won't.
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Did more than just that Reply with quote

Come on I have been selling my products successfully over a year now and I pretty got the hang of advertising. Most of the people I know wont even come here because they aren't familar with it or never even heard of it. So I just have to keep pushing it. I am not a novice at this. I am aware that the search engines take a long time to process. I advertise everywhere I am at. Including thread, groups etc etc. So I been doing alot of advertising for this site but most of my customers that I have told prefer my website or Etsy. I will continue to keep advertising. Thats the key. Advertise Advertise Advertise. I thought coming in the forums too would give me good exposure too..

Smile
MIZombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meta Tags are basically dead though. I am getting good google placement now.

Z
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will continue to keep advertising. Thats the key. Advertise Advertise Advertise.

That is exactly right!

Advertise to people that have never heard of you is the best advertising.
Customers you already have - already know how and where to find you. That's what makes www.BusinessGrowingTogether.com such a great group.

If you want to connect with new customers you might want to consider this advertising -
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1750

or this
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1661

Just some more options for yu to think about.

Last edited by zickit on Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
MIZombie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just cranked out some emails to another 6-8 ppl on yahoo groups about my store here. I hope I can get me some sales!

Z
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I not only advertise to people that I know but for them to spread the word to their friends as well. They rather buy from my website or etsy. LOL Smile But thanks for the advice I will check it out

Thank you
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: No Sales at all Reply with quote

Michelle, you have a very nice store! You have done a lot of different things to attract customers but I know it is slow going for a lot of us! Crying or Very sad

The following just might help - at least it wouldn't hurt any: Smile
Go and fill in the FAQ text. Also you need to edit your Meta Tag text. I found the Meta Tag Analyzer to be a wonderful tool to get higher ratings. Here is the link:

http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Hope this helps and we all get more sales!
joyce

http://TheRainyDayBooks.ecrater.com
http://AtticTreasures.ecrater.com
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: No Sales at all Reply with quote

pegasussoaps wrote:
Is it because everyone prefers google checkout or what. I know that ecrater is not that widely known but my goodness. I know of someone else that have been here for 2 months and haven't sold a thing and he too have paypal and he refuses to change to google.

I'm surprised no one has picked up on this myth yet. Maybe it hasn't been made clear enough on here and other places, but when you sign up for Google Checkout, you ARE NOT giving up Paypal. You will have both options available for your customers. More options....Mor sales!
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said you have only been here for 2 months, it took me almost three months before I got a sale. Once I got the first one others followed quickly. However Im here for the long haul and could care less how long it takes to get a sale. I will keep lising and just go with it, its better then paying a fee for sales I am not getting elsewhere. I lovwe this place, and if you not in it for the long haul your wasting your time. Its like they all say, you cant get rich over night. I would say give it more time and continue to list.
randasresale

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peaksislandsilverco wrote:
You said you have only been here for 2 months, it took me almost three months before I got a sale. Once I got the first one others followed quickly. However Im here for the long haul and could care less how long it takes to get a sale. I will keep lising and just go with it, its better then paying a fee for sales I am not getting elsewhere. I lovwe this place, and if you not in it for the long haul your wasting your time. Its like they all say, you cant get rich over night. I would say give it more time and continue to list.

I love this. The problem many of us have is we either have become very dependent on a steady income from online sales (or it's our sole income - not the case for me) and don't really get impatient, just get broke lol. I, for one, don't rake in a ton of cash from eBay as I'm not a powerseller or anything, but I am approaching the outer limits (from eBay lol) and experimenting with the new sites and learning about SEO and what it would take to have my own website, because quite frankly I'm sick of paying all these fees to eBay too!!!

/rant

Miranda

http://www.randasresale.ecrater.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: