eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Product Feed Status - Failure

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atvutv4x4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Google Product Feed Status - Failure Reply with quote

My Google Product Feed Status says it is active - 18 items (all that are currently on there) processed - status: Failure. The items aren't showing up on Google products or when I log into Google Base. Anyone have any idea how I can correct this problem? I don't want to continue to put items in my store if they aren't going to show up in google products.

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all don't rely too much on the Google feed tab info. That feature in eCrater accounts is still experimental. So the feed might be done and it might still be saying failure.

Second that info is about resubmission of product info. It does not include the first time the info is submitted to Google. (Starts from the second submission).

It takes 3-5 days for the listings to appear in Google after you first list them at eCrater. The first time they will be included in the Google Base feed after that would be the next scheduled feed, which may be 0-4 days later. So give it a 10 days to be on the safe side from the time you listed it at eCrater.

However I looked at one of your items at Google and found the same item with your store name from another selling site. If you haven't changed the store name, product title and description, Google may consider the submission from eCrater as duplicate content submission. This is against their rules. They may suppress or ban one of the feeds. (I do not know what exactly they do when it is violated, they don't spell it out in the Google Base site. Just state that it is not allowed).

So your issue could be any of those things.
myvintagechina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Google Product Feed Status - Failure also Reply with quote

I was wondering if someone can help, I am not getting my items listed on Google products. I opened my store in the middle of July added 22 items before I left for vacation and all uploaded in a day or two. Since I am back I added about 80 more over the last week and a half and none have been uploaded yet. I looked at the Google Product Feed Status and it states failure on July 31st which before that date I added about 2-3 doz items. Also my Google listings are not marked with Google Checkout. I sent a email yesterday to ecreater but no reply back yet. Any Idea what is going wrong?

Account status: Active
Feed's last updated: July 31, 2009 11:58:53
Feed's processing status: failure
Items processed: 35
Items inserted: 35
acread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Product Feed Status - Failure also Reply with quote

myvintagechina wrote:
I was wondering if someone can help, I am not getting my items listed on Google products. I opened my store in the middle of July added 22 items before I left for vacation and all uploaded in a day or two. Since I am back I added about 80 more over the last week and a half and none have been uploaded yet. I looked at the Google Product Feed Status and it states failure on July 31st which before that date I added about 2-3 doz items. Also my Google listings are not marked with Google Checkout. I sent a email yesterday to ecreater but no reply back yet. Any Idea what is going wrong?

They are there. Search for them by whole item title and you will see.

I'm guessing you are entering your store name in the search, but that won't work unless you entered your store name in the description or title of each product page.

I am guessing the 22 or so that comes up has it in them.

But I looked at "View All Products" list and checked the top 3 items (latest added ones. They were all at Google Shopping. You just have to know how to search them I guess.

As I said many a time on this forum (again and again) the Google feed tab in your eCrater accounts is experimental feature. Sometimes it writes stuff wrong. The feed is being done. There is nothing wrong with the feed. Check Google Shopping to see it. (use full titles and remove filter if you must.)
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Product Feed Status - Failure also Reply with quote

myvintagechina wrote:
Also my Google listings are not marked with Google Checkout.
You have to have Google feedback before you can get the checkout cart to show by your items. Not sure how many Google feedback you need or the procedure to get the cart to show. There are several topics on the subject if you search the forum.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Product Feed Status - Failure also Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
myvintagechina wrote:
Also my Google listings are not marked with Google Checkout.
You have to have Google feedback before you can get the checkout cart to show by your items. Not sure how many Google feedback you need or the procedure to get the cart to show. There are several topics on the subject if you search the forum.

need to have at least one successful transaction. And you need to have the website homepage url entered as Public business url in Settings. If you have those and the GC badge (what you called marked with GC) does not appear you contact GC (use their trouble shooting in their Help) and get your badge status changed to "active".
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: