eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello all, come in, have a CuppaTea
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuppatea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Hello all, come in, have a CuppaTea Reply with quote

Opened the store today, still loading products. Specializing in china, silver, and snowbabies.

While we get started, I'm trying a very simplistic approach. Shipping included in price (I find the shipping matrix confusing/intimidating...) and just snail mail payments. We're studying up on paypal and google pay.

I've been asking lots of questions on the board, thank you all for your help! Everyone has great stores - I've been poking around and learning so much. Any comments or suggestions for me are always appreciated!

I'm looking forward to being an active participant in this community - a very positive place.

Heather Ellen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I suggest you change in your description is -
Quote:
To see more, visit my store! Click on the logo, top left or on Categories, top right.

If they come in through froogle or google they will be at ecrater.com NOT inside your individual store. If that click the ecrater.com logo that will be showing there they go to www.ecrater.com NOT to your home page.

At this moment they would need to click
Store:
http://cuppatea.ecrater.com
on the right side below the Buy IT Now buttom. BUT it does move. As it used to be at the bootom of the page below the description BEFORE the whole page layout got changed.

This is the page they would see --
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=559813

This is the same page if they are in your store -
http://cuppatea.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=559813

ONE other thing --- do away with the : and the ! in your titles. I couldn't find your stuff in the ecrater.com search because of them.
Titles should be nothing but searched keywords for best placement in the search engines. things like puncation and colons are not searchable
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed --- your terms page says you ship to US mainland, alaska and HI --- but your item page only shows US mainland
cuppatea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!! I made the changes. As I said on another post, I'm out of touch with some of the way things work in titles and such.

As far as shipping, I really want what I see some others have: US Mainland, Hawaii, and Alaska. I just don't see that as an option in the product setup page. Probably has to do with setting up the shipping matrix. I read the posts on that and am confused. Don't want to wear out my welcome with questions, thought I would hang out and learn how to fix that over time.

I appreciate your time and helpful comments,
Heather Ellen
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add Alaska and Hawaii to your shipping - go to Shipping Zone once you logged into your admin account and check them there.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well..... I did that and it didn't work so I thought I had to do something else.

I went back and did it again. It REALLY helps if you hit the UPDATE button at the bottom. I hate to confess but if it helps someone else...

Now I'll go study the Shipping Matrix thread.

thank you Big & Tall!
Heather Ellen
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Heather!

Feel free to ask away, ther is a wealth of knowledge here at eCrater Wink
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Welcome to Ecrater.

Just a suggestion: I would put pics of some of my actual items on the store page instead of more logo pics for categories.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello buddyslighthouses, I've been reading your posts. You seem very knowledgeable and thank you for the suggestion.

I've been pondering that. All of my items are unique, so I wasn't sure if it would be good to post a picture of something that might be sold/unavailable. Instead, I tried to make the item links like buttons.

However, I see that your items are unique too, and that you post a representative sample. I'm still on the fence...

Anyhoo, I'll ponder it some more. A very happy New Year to you!
Heather Ellen
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuppatea. I have a cute avatar for you if you would like it. It's just the right size.

Joyce
cuppatea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello periwinkles, your site looks great - love the picture.

Thank you for the "store warming" present! I tried to set it up as my avatar but system said it was too big. I'm developing a web site, will find a good spot for it.

Best of luck to you in 2007!
Heather Ellen
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Cuppatea. It should be too big as I had it resized. Here is a page to resize gifs so they will be the right size and still do the animations.

http://www.gifworks.com/image_editor.html - try resizing it again.

Hope you can use it.

Joyce
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
If they come in through froogle or google they will be at ecrater.com NOT inside your individual store. If that click the ecrater.com logo that will be showing there they go to www.ecrater.com NOT to your home page.
BTM thank you for your post on what happens when customers come in through froogle or Google as that has confused me since selling on eCrater. Confused

The eCrater logo appeared on my description page when the item sold and I didnt understand why that was happening. Embarassed Thank you for ending the confursion!

cuppatea wrote:
Any comments or suggestions for me are always appreciated!
Thank you for starting this post! I like how you used the information from BTM in your listing! Please check your eCrater email . . .

Joyce

http://YourRainyDayBookStore.ecrater.com
http://AtticTreasures.ecrater.com
richmindz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

How are sales going for you so far
cuppatea

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello periwinkles
The physical size works, it is the file size. We're restricted to 6 kb and it is almost 9. I tried the site you suggested but it made it too tiny once it reduced the file size. Sad

I will use it on my web! and thanks again.
Heather Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: