eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie seller wants to see how the process works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cuppatea

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Newbie seller wants to see how the process works Reply with quote

I've bought a lot of things on line, but different sites work in different ways. I'd like to see what my buyers would see if they click on the BUY button. Since an item doesn't automatically show as sold, can I do a trial run on an item without affecting anything else? (aside from showing that there is an order) Or do you have another suggestion?

thank you!
Heather Ellen
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can I do a trial run on an item without affecting anything else?

Yes you can -- just don't go to PayPal or google and try to pay yourself. That might raise a flag to them and who knows what might happen to your account there.
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to do a trial run just PM me and I'll walk you through it and then refund the payment right back to you Wink

I've done it before with no problems!

Also another way to do it is to buy a cheep item like an eBook. I know people who have them for sale here on eCrater and I'll give anyone a link if they PM me.

I can't do a refund wiht Google becasue they don't refund the fee. I did a test run wiht someone on google and when I refunded I was still charged the fee Rolling Eyes
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDITED BECAUSE OF BIG & TALL'S POST BELOW: I did a test but should have done it differently, so I have edited this post to delete details of what I did - don't want anyone to try it and get their site in trouble.

Thank you all!
Heather Ellen

Last edited by cuppatea on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I set up a test then walked through a sale last night and it worked well - since I don't take google or paypal yet I wanted to see how the checks/money orders worked. It seemed clear and simple. Then I deleted the test category, item, and order.

I dont' reccommend doing a TEST item - if the store is open --- that's against the terms of ecrater.com
You could have done the exact same thing using any item in your store. It won't have made a difference at all.
BUT if the crawler would have found that test item when you were testing you risk being shut down.

I am posting this for the benefit of anyone else that is thinking of testing out their store.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information Big and Tall - I would not break any terms on purpose, and next time (if any) I'll do it on a store item. I'm still new to how these things work. I'll also modify the post above so no one else follows my newbie example.

Keep us on the straight and narrow!
Heather Ellen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: