eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Oh for Poops Sake Here...MAJOR Brain Fart :-l
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Oh for Poops Sake Here...MAJOR Brain Fart :-l Reply with quote

Ever want to pull your hair out and just scream?
I want to right now...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

New Year New Beginnings...WOW!

For anyone else who does graphics it's time to get back into your html codes. Most of them out there are well...READABLE!

All the time and work put into Store Fronts and Templates...people coming along and just swiping it.

I am soooo backed up on getting out orders it isn't even funny
(those here waiting please hang tough, I'm on top of it
Wink )

The Programs/Codes we all have been using to PROTECT our work have been what do they call it....HACKED Evil or Very Mad

Now until my new Program arrives and I learn yet ANOTHER dang thingie customers must wait.

I am sooo excited and sitting on the edge of my seat to see my work out there. Nothing beats advertising like your name/link on others Store Fronts and/or Listings/Templates

Not putting all my new stuff out until I can protect it.
I like so many others take pride in what I do.
These mean people sit back waiting to STEAL our hard work THEN take credit for it.

My suggestion to others doing the graphics for Ebay and others to pull your work if you are the teeniest bit unsure if your Right Click/Page Source codes are effective. My bet is most aren't.

On top of this mess my Drop Shipper is shutting down shipping for a week OMG !!!!! Inventory now??? LMAO

It's not bad enough that we all couldn't keep up with what was going out of stock then restocked.

With all this going on I am smiling HUGE.

After all these years of trying to get my online work to work for me I can sit back and say..."I FINALLY did it"

I still am a 24/7 stay at home mom but dang...I'm putting more hours into work at home then if I went outside my home and worked.
Thank goodness I can pull late niters and all niters. Mommy is working while they sleep
Very Happy

To all you braggers of the .15 cent EBAY sale I say PFFFT!
I managed to slip in only 3 auctions. LOL

I was so UNPREPARED this year.

Customer Service and LOW prices are the Key.
Most of my items are priced on the lower end, my shipping as well.

The referral thingie is awesome too. I offer all my customers 5%-10% off follow up orders for EACH customer they send me.

Couple of wise guy customers roped me into giving them 50% off their sale because they got over 5 people in to purchase from me.

Was well worth it.

I guess I have been having "Posting" withdrawal LOL

Been so busy I haven't hit Forums in weeks.

Hi HO Hi HO...it's back to work I go.

Lots of Sales to EVERYONE !

New Year New Beginnings...I say BRING IT 2007 !

~Suzy~

View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Oh for Poops Sake Here...MAJOR Brain Fart :-l Reply with quote

thisthatnmorestore wrote:

My suggestion to others doing the graphics for Ebay and others to pull your work if you are the teeniest bit unsure if your Right Click/Page Source codes are effective. My bet is most aren't.

My understanding has been that none of the page protection scripts are foolproof and that anybody who wants the images/code badly enough can find a way to get it.

Quote:
The referral thingie is awesome too. I offer all my customers 5%-10% off follow up orders for EACH customer they send me.

Hey, that seems like a good idea. I've been sending out discount codes but maybe I should do referral discounts as well..
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree working from home is much more time consuming then working outside the home but everyday I look at my two boys and know its worth every single headache that comes with it.

They grow up way to fast and I'm blessed to be here to be a part of all they do Wink

Hang in there!
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My understanding has been that none of the page protection scripts are foolproof and that anybody who wants the images/code badly enough can find a way to get it.

You are 100% correct - if someone wants something there's always a way. I decided a long time ago it wasn't worth my time to play detective and look for people stealing my work. I believe in karma and what comes around goes around Wink
capitalus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922 wrote:
I agree working from home is much more time consuming then working outside the home but everyday I look at my two boys and know its worth every single headache that comes with it.

They grow up way to fast and I'm blessed to be here to be a part of all they do Wink

Hang in there!

Now now about working full time outside of the home AND from home after hours Wink

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are good at designing then there is alot of ways to hide your code. Also there are ways to water mark your images. You can also use a script to keep people from taking anything.

I have a degree in website development and graphic design, but I really have not used it to make any money. I did create a few templates and sold them elsewhere, and coded websites for free. My real project will cost me ten thousand dollars to launch.

9 years photoshop
4 years marcomedia flash
8 years html coding
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very impressive!

I have no schooling in any of it, I'm all self taught and never intended to be selling this kind of thing. It was the encouragement of many of my online friends that got me to open an eCrater store and sell some of my things.

Word of mouth and the recomendation of my fellow sellers have been a true blessing. I just wish I were better at it, what would probably take you minutes to do takes me hours. But I feel the more I do the better I get.

I really do enjoy it and the extra money really helps out around here. I never knew living on a single income would be so hard.

I need to update my store, I just haven't had the time to get new things listed and to make what's there more appealing Embarassed
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy New Year Everyone !

I have no schooling with graphics of any sort.
Opened my PSP one day and off I went.

I have this NEED to figure out how to do things and build off it.

My HTML skills are VERY weak but...not as weak as I thought.

With a little tweaking here and there I coded my Storefront AND Template listings. Very Happy

Yes you can stop Right Click AND Page Sources.
I know the little hackers out there are faster at breaking past our codes then we are at making them but oh well...
at least I put a temporary little bump in the road to deter them.

So now I am FINALLY lost in PSP where I want to be.

Only 3 Templates listed so far but plan on LOTS more VERY quickly.

Feel free to check them out in my store...http://stores.ebay.com/This-That-n-More-Store

Any and all input is MUCH appreciated.

I want the templates to be easy on the eyes and have all a seller AND buyer would like to see in them

Oh yeah...feel free to right click if you would like Wink

New Year LOTS of work ahead of me so off to PSP land I go

Have a Wonderful Day Everyone !

~Suzy~
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep plugging away at your designs you will get better. I aslo self taught myself html coding within a month. My first website was built in 2 weeks and received numrous hits. I sure wish it was still active however when geocities merged with yahoo my page was gone.

I then put together a website for a local strip club which I sold for 900.00 this took me about 3 days to build. Then I built a store front for a neighbor that owned a local shope which I took in 250.00 for.

In the mean time I was working with kids online fixing there code and designing there graphics which I did for free.

Next I decided to go get that degree, which to me was a joke, all the kids in the class had no html experience, so I decided to show my skills to them while the teacher taught us how to write in bold and italics.

I tested out of most of my classes and finished in a year. I still have not landed a job in web design. So I have basicly said forget it. When all is said and done I have designed 4 personal websites, numorus banners which take like 5 mins to make. I mastered web design and can have a site up and running in about 2 days.

Templates also take about 3 mins to draw up..Yes my code could be taken I suppose, if you could read through the numerous nested tables. My templates are one of a kind though, alot of sliced images to make it appealing.

Is there still a market for logo design? I havent sold a design for years. I see that some people do quite well.
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thisthatnmore:

Your store looks fine. You may have a table issue there tho. I started to put together my store then took it down. I will be branching back to feebay once I get 1500 item here, by then I should do well over there. Although my compitition has 7000 items there..
peaksislandsilverco

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thisthatnmore:

I cant seem to leave this place..lol

Anyways here it goes..You camo template is blurry, try resizing the camo patern and sharpening the image. Also make those puppies down, I did some research and found that my $3.99 templates sold better then my $9.99 ones. Im not telling you what to do, just throwing out ideas so dont take this the wrong way Smile I would also align my text to pull left, use centering for your links (example image like payment, contact, item descricption..align left ) You can center the bottom table, I would also go lower on the table border..Just some ideas.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wnat to show you how easy it is to get your images.

No right click is nothing but a PITA for those that want to open in a new window to place they offer etc.

Most template sellers I know don't use the template in the listing --- They place an image of the template in the listing ... that way no one can steal the image.
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you peaksislandsilverco...VERY appreciated your comments are.
Yeah the camo is off but was from word go. Was one I did for a customer that HAD to have the camo splotch they gave me *shrug*

As far as the images go...I know they are not protected. Hell so many "screen cap" then go ahead and "scratch" out water marks or simply "clone" it out. I gave up trying to save my tags YEARS ago.

The templates html is what I was concerned with.

You can right click "View Page Source" on ANY page and get the COMPLETE html code of that page.

By inserting a code I stop the right click PERIOD.

Most right click codes simply stop the right click to save image.
The one I am using you can not access your scroll/menu right click...therefore NO Page Source Wink

Most buyers prefer to browse through a working page then one filled with dead buttons, that is why I prefer not to use a picture, plus they can see how the actual item they are purchasing fits. I have yet to come across a seller of templates that uses pictures, feel free to link me to one, curious how they work it out.

Will definately get to your suggestions as soon as I can peaksislandsilverco.

One thing I have always have been grateful for with Ebay is the advertising...being seen by soooo many eager buyers.
Since the 4 templates have been listed I have been bogged down with "off" Ebay orders.

Ebay is an awesome tool for LURING in customers.
Once you lure them in it's just a matter of "keeping" them.

I know the prices are high, was reason for it....
All customers contacting me via the 4 listings on Ebay get a special...2 templates for the price of one $10
Wink

Single mom of 4 kids (12, 10, 8 & 6) be asured there is "usually" a method to my madness. Twisted Evil

Well I just got back from food shopping and errands so I have yet to start "working" today. Kids be home in hour so time to put pedal to the metal. LOL

Thank you soooooo much for your help (btw...is something wrong with the store table????) EVERY comment is taken seriously.

LOTS of sales to EVERYONE

~Suzy~

poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thisthatnmorestore wrote:

You can right click "View Page Source" on ANY page and get the COMPLETE html code of that page.

By inserting a code I stop the right click PERIOD.

What about going up to the browser menu and choosing "View Source" that way? Do the scripts protect against that?
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:::rolls up newspaper and swats poopsheet on the head:::

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....LMAO

it's a "right click" stopper. most don't realize about the browser/cntrl u, is why noone else brought it up Evil or Very Mad

so anyways....how's the weather?
Wink Laughing
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: