eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Using Googles and PayPal's shipping instead of eCrater

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kattsgifts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Using Googles and PayPal's shipping instead of eCrater Reply with quote

Can I use google checkout and paypal shipping setup instead of eCrater's flat rate/matrix for my orders? I do not have weights for items as I have items dropshipped and I cannot very well charge a flat rate that will either charge too much or not enough for shipping. I am charged $10 for shipments of upto $30 and after that it is a percentage. I do not want to incorporate this fee into the cost of the item because then I will be charging extremely inflated prices to cover shipping. If an individual buys one item, it would round out. However, if they ordered two, it would almost be a double shipping charge.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
kattsgifts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I think I may have figured something out. If I set up the matrix to charge $10 for all weights and adjust cost for the shipping rate I am charged for that over $10, it should work. Right?

For example, if an item costs me $25 based on the shipping percentage from my dropshipping and I am already charging $10 then I would incorporate the $15 into the cost of the item.

Does that sound right? I keep confusing myself.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you get the items sent to you by batches? If you do when you obtain them you divide the shipping amount you paid into the number of items you bought. For each item in that batch you add that amount to the price of the item.

Lets say you got 10 vases and paid $4 each to attain them and you paid $16 in shipping (to have it delivered to you). So the actual amount you paid for each vase would be $4 plus the 10th of the shipping (16 divided by 10 is 1.6). So in actual you are paying $4+$1.6 (equals to $5.6). You need to add your own profit on top of that. Let's say $2 each. So you price your item as $7.6 (that is $5.6 plus $2). You charge the shipping for the item when you sell it separate from that. It would depend on the weight of item (cause all carriers usually use weight of package to determine postage.)

Now if the item never even gets to you (it gets shipped by the company you are selling for) then you don't pay to get it to you. All you need to worry about is how much it cost for customer to receive that item.

But in any case do not leave the calculation and charging of shipping to PayPal and Google Checkout. Cause when a customer looks at your product page they will see free shipping. And they will be putting in the order with that assumption. After the order is put through (in payment stage) you spring up a new cost and that would probably annoy the buyer. They may complain and will be in right if they do. They may get that shipping you charged with PayPal or GC. A lot of headache and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. You need to set up your shipping in your store here.

Read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2461
acread

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kattsgifts wrote:
Ok I think I may have figured something out. If I set up the matrix to charge $10 for all weights and adjust cost for the shipping rate I am charged for that over $10, it should work. Right?

If you do that no matter how many items a buyer gets they will get charged $10 for shipping.

I don't think that was your intent in setting up shipping.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: