eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can Someone HELP me PLEASE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twysp2shoesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Can Someone HELP me PLEASE! Reply with quote

Hi! I am new here and old in age and computer challenged BUT determined to get this mastered if it is the last thing I do on earth. I registered over a month ago and have read almost everything on the boards for help wanting to do this on my own.....but can't. I want to have a logo made as soon as I can know that this will work for me. I have sold on other sites for many years.

I CAN NOT ADD product. I use Merridian and copied and pasted which did not work. I tried doing it "fresh" w/o Merridian which did not work. I made sure I filled out everything and when I do a preview it just takes me back to my home page and I loose it....in more ways than one.

I am on AOL thru AT&T high speed just changed from dial up. Very few terms of computer lingo do I know. Am I help----able? Thank you so much for reading all of this on this holiday weekend.

twysp2shoesandmore
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, hitting "Preview" should open up a new window and leave the original one you're working in intact. What you have to do is go back to the original window you were working in and make sure you click the "Update" button at the bottom of the page.

The preview only opens up your store in another window -- it's confusing, I know -- and if you haven't hit the Update button I don't believe you can even find your new listing in your store because it technically hasn't been created. The Preview link is in every page of Admin which makes it confusing since it's also on the item creation page because it doesn't do what you would think it'd do from that page.

So please try one more time, don't bother with the preview and hit the Update button at the bottom and see how that goes.
twysp2shoesandmore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks poopsheet but it won't work. After completing everything I went to the bottom and hit ADD (I do not have UPDATE like you said) It just stayed there w/o doing anything. I copied and was going to post here but was afraid I would get in dutch doing that b/c it is so long. What could I be doing wrong?
twysp2shoesandmore
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use foxfire and can copy and paste with no problem.
Make sure that everything is filled in and put a 0 in the weight if you have a fix shipping price. Then click the add button and you should be able to post it in your store.
Don't do the preview because you don't have it in your store yet. After you have added an item then you can click the preview and see it in your store. It does open it to another window.
I've never really heard of Merridian so I can't help you with that but it sounds like ecrater doesn't like it if you can't copy and past it in their.

If you are still having problems come back to the boards and someone will help and maybe explain to you better.

T
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

twysp2shoesandmore wrote:
Thanks poopsheet but it won't work. After completing everything I went to the bottom and hit ADD (I do not have UPDATE like you said) It just stayed there w/o doing anything. I copied and was going to post here but was afraid I would get in dutch doing that b/c it is so long. What could I be doing wrong?
twysp2shoesandmore

Oops, sorry, I meant Add -- I was looking at one of my existing listings so I was seeing "Update".

So, you're saying that you hit the Add button and it just sits there and does nothing, right? Do you get any messages in red at the top of the page? The most likely one says something about all fields need to be filled in. If so, then the culprit is usually the weight field, as Tsurfer says. For some reason, even if you're not using weight-based shipping you still have to show a weight (although it doesn't have to be accurate).
twysp2shoesandmore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU poopsheet and Tsurfer-------I FINALLY got 2 listed. I was going to reply here late last nite but couldn't--it was down.

Now I have another ??? What does it mean (on top when I go to list) Manage Products--then choose category-----under that is search title and discription. I do not understand. What does that mean? Is that just for me? Do I put in name of inventory? title?

Thanks sio much with everyone's help I think I can master this yet.

twysp2shoesandmore
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twysp2shoesandmore wrote:
What does it mean (on top when I go to list) Manage Products--then choose category-----under that is search title and discription. I do not understand. What does that mean? Is that just for me?

Yep, that's just for searching all your items. Like when you've added a bunch of items and you want to find a specific one without going through each page. It's handy because you can also find items that are hidden from public view.
twysp2shoesandmore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ever so much for your help---poopsheet. I am off to a pretty good start now. Very Happy

twysp2shoesandmore
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is starting to take shape.
Congrats on getting it up and running.

T
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: