eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay importer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click on Requirements and help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRETTYPOSTCARDS wrote:
THE BULK LISTER/EBAY IMPORTER DOESN'T HAVE A HELP SECTION THAT I CAN SEE.....

WHERE IS IT?

THANKS

Below the table on that page at the very right it says in blue writing "Requirements and help." Click on that writing and it will open it up for you. (There are other writings in blue on that page that you can look as well. Example file is just one of them)
20thcenturymusic

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this bulk loader work well from a file downloaded from half.com?

That is where I have 100 items at the moment, and I would like to bring them into Ecrater with lower prices.

I am guessing it would be smart to lower prices first, and then download the file to hard drive, and the upload to EC?

Hopefully it is faster than an ebay file.

Thanks.
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20thcenturymusic wrote:
Does this bulk loader work well from a file downloaded from half.com?

That is where I have 100 items at the moment, and I would like to bring them into Ecrater with lower prices.

I am guessing it would be smart to lower prices first, and then download the file to hard drive, and the upload to EC?

Uploading a file you downloaded from Half.com might not work. You will need to put it in proper format before the upload.

It works with eBay stores only (where you enter your ID) but the files from Half.com are probably different. So you will very likely need to edit.
Quote:
Hopefully it is faster than an ebay file.

With eBay stores all you do is enter your ID. I don't see how editing a file could possibly be faster. And faster isn't always in your best interest anyway.

With 100 items only, it might be better for you to just list them manually. The spreading of the listing process over time will be more beneficial (as far as atracting search engine interest to your store site. Make sure to submit your url to search engines before you are listing the products). You can use the copy listing feature to speed up the process.
20thcenturymusic

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acread wrote:
With 100 items only, it might be better for you to just list them manually. The spreading of the listing process over time will be more beneficial (as far as atracting search engine interest to your store site. Make sure to submit your url to search engines before you are listing the products). You can use the copy listing feature to speed up the process.

Yeah, I am putting everything in by hand at this point because I want the store to look exactly right. But copying from an edited excel sheet might be what I do.

I did not know about the "copy listing" feature. Is this used for manual input, but keeping the same categories/shipping/weight, etc?
acread

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

20thcenturymusic wrote:
acread wrote:

Yeah, I am putting everything in by hand at this point because I want the store to look exactly right. But copying from an edited excel sheet might be what I do.

I did not know about the "copy listing" feature. Is this used for manual input, but keeping the same categories/shipping/weight, etc?

Copy feature makes an identical listing except the new one won't have the image of the original one.

After you list an item on the right side of the name of the product there are 5 small squares one of them is the "copy" listing button. Just click on it and then edit anything you need to change for the new listing. Find the image for the new product and click "update and exit" button and you will have a new listing.
CollectorsParadise

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:40 am    Post subject: E-Bid Reply with quote

Will the importer ever be able to import from E-Bid. I have most of my listings there.
rockitperformance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool feature!
theouterrimcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the importer 3 days ago and it finally finished today. Unfortunately half of the pictures are not there and there will be a good bit of editing. At least I will be doing more deleting than anything else.
UniqueFindsAndMyDesigns

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ladyknightsjewelry wrote:
A free program called Notepad++ is really good too. You can open all kinds of code files and edit the files as well as just regular text file.

http://download.cnet.com/Notepad/3000-2352_4-10327521.html

T

Ohmygoodness. I got that Notepad++ runnin' ...now to figure out how to use it. I just chose the bulk import option and found other stuff later saying I mayhave/needed to translate EBay's HTML to Ecrater's text. No wonder it came back "Passed with Errors". Ebay was a liiiiittle easier for me to figure out. This seems overwhelming not even understanding what notepad and word pad do, besides my shopping lists, let alone this combo deal. I'm hoping I can just copy something from ebay and paste it somewhere to translate the HTML?? It seems like the same amount, if not more work, just adding listings manually one by one....and I'm hearing the listings and pictures may likely come back with all sorts of editing to do anyway. I'm confused. Crap. I guess it's going to be easier to do it manually because I'm not as computer literate as I thought. Super lame!!!! I'm glad this is free and I only have to list once. That's preeeetty cool Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: