eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay importer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Can't you select the items you are going to download from eBay? Does it have to be the whole content of your store?

Can't you edit the downloaded eBay file and remove the duplicates and leave the ones you want to upload to eCrater and then save that and use that to bulk list?

Not that I know of. I couldn't change the xml file. If someone knows how, please let me know.

Even if we have that figured out, it's going to be a long process. Deleting a lot of stuff from the XML file, uploading and then modifying the descriptions and adding photos to look professional. I'm not sure copying and pasting from Ebay would be harder work.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kerioproducts wrote:
ACRead wrote:
Can't you select the items you are going to download from eBay? Does it have to be the whole content of your store?

Can't you edit the downloaded eBay file and remove the duplicates and leave the ones you want to upload to eCrater and then save that and use that to bulk list?

Not that I know of. I couldn't change the xml file. If someone knows how, please let me know.

you don't have Excel?
Quote:
Even if we have that figured out, it's going to be a long process. Deleting a lot of stuff from the XML file, uploading and then modifying the descriptions and adding photos to look professional. I'm not sure copying and pasting from Ebay would be harder work.

I'm guessing they appear as one item per row at excel. So you just select rows and remove them. (clicking one button if it is on your toolbar. If not you just curtomize the toolbar to put it there. which is as easy as clicking on "custom" find the button you are looking for and dragging it to where you want to place it on the toolbar.)

In any case you can always add items one by one if that seems simpler. Use the copy listing feature to speed things up.
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you don't have Excel?

I don't. I have OpenOffice Calc which is free and similar but does not open XML files. If anyone knows how it can get it to open, please let me know. I'm trying to find out myself. I found something
[/quote]
kerioproducts

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I found a way to convert a XML file to XLS for free.

http://www.forgram.com/

For those of you who don't have Excel, you can download this software and open it with OpenOffice Calc. You can modify it from there and then convert it back to XML and upload the file. Let me see how it goes.
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A free program called Notepad++ is really good too. You can open all kinds of code files and edit the files as well as just regular text file.

http://download.cnet.com/Notepad/3000-2352_4-10327521.html

T
wwwgumpysatvcom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: importing items from ebay Reply with quote

I just imported 2480 items from ebay to ecrator and it took 2 days and better than half of the pictures did not appear and the description is all jammed together. Looks like it is going to take a lot of work to undo this problem
coinhoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of the transfer now, on day three of "waiting" for my 300 listings.

It seems like a very lengthy process. If the items come out all distorted and you need to fiddle with it anyway I think listing each item manually might still be a better option.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept but I also have a bit of the OCD and need things to be just right Wink

I will update my experience when this is complete.

Cheers!!
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coinhoarder wrote:
I am in the process of the transfer now, on day three of "waiting" for my 300 listings.

It seems like a very lengthy process. If the items come out all distorted and you need to fiddle with it anyway I think listing each item manually might still be a better option.

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept but I also have a bit of the OCD and need things to be just right Wink

I will update my experience when this is complete.

Cheers!!

Part of the bulk listing/eBay importing is done manually. And we are in a holiday weekend.

And there are always many people trying to use the importer, which means there is a waiting line. Please be patient. Once stuff is listed do not delete them to try to reload. eCrater does not allow resubmission of the same stuff if it was successful in the first try (that is considered using it as a bulk editor, and since there is so much demand, such use is not allowed).

There was a mention of a possible problem of the eBay importer due to changes at the end of March. That is being looked into. See:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=23445
coinhoarder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply,

please don't take me the wrong way, by no means am I complaining.

As a premium store owner on Fee Bay I know what a relief it will be not to give away 40% of my profits to Fees, especially after the new price structure introduced on March 30th.

I came across this site accidentally when someone on the Fee Bay forum posted it (and was promptly suspended for it). I didn't hesitate to sign up.

I need to adjust to the structure here i guess. But I am so happy that there is a place that gives the little guy a break. I am tired of making less money on my own products than the site I am selling on.

Cheers!!
PRETTYPOSTCARDS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORT ITEMS FROM EBAY --

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

ARE THE IMPORTED ITEMS ONLY THE ACTIVE ITEMS ON EBAY?

CAN WE THEN CHOOSE WHICH ITEMS WE ENTER ON ECRATER?

HOW DO WE DO THIS??

THANKS - I'M NEW....
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRETTYPOSTCARDS wrote:
IMPORT ITEMS FROM EBAY --

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

ARE THE IMPORTED ITEMS ONLY THE ACTIVE ITEMS ON EBAY?

I have no clue what inactive items would be. If you mean expired listings. Then probably not. Whatever eBay puts in the download file is what you can get to eCrater.

Quote:
CAN WE THEN CHOOSE WHICH ITEMS WE ENTER ON ECRATER?

HOW DO WE DO THIS??

You can't choose anything if you use eBay importer. As far as I know they simplified that to just the person entering the user ID and it get's pulled from eBay.

If you want to edit before uploading to eCrater, they you need to prepare your own bulk list file (there is an example of it in the Bulk Lister/eBay Import section of your account). You can add inactive items etc too.

But preparation of the file may take you considerably more time and effort.

Still if you think there are items that are prohibited at eCrater, then you would be better off preparing your own Bulk List file.
PRETTYPOSTCARDS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK
THANKS FOR THE INFO ABOUT IMPORTING.

NOW, IS THERE A PLACE TO GO TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A TEMPLATE I CAN MAKE FOR MY LISTINGS???

THANKS A LOT...
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no templates
no html allowed
acread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRETTYPOSTCARDS wrote:
OK
THANKS FOR THE INFO ABOUT IMPORTING.

NOW, IS THERE A PLACE TO GO TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A TEMPLATE I CAN MAKE FOR MY LISTINGS???

THANKS A LOT...

"Template" as in background stuff? coding? No you can't use that at eCrater.

"Template" as in for a bulk listing file? There isn't one, but there is an example you can look at, at your Bulk Lister/eBay Import Help section. (Just click on the writing in blue in that section to see the help info).
PRETTYPOSTCARDS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE BULK LISTER/EBAY IMPORTER DOESN'T HAVE A HELP SECTION THAT I CAN SEE.....

WHERE IS IT?

THANKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: