eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Thank You eCrater. I had a Wonderful Month!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watchtowerresearchfoundat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Thank You eCrater. I had a Wonderful Month! Reply with quote

I made as much money last month as I ever made on eBay. Maybe its because I sell a niche, books that are targeted for a certain audience -- I don't really know but I have gotten a slew of orders. I sold these same books on eBay and wondered if they would sell anywhere else. eCrater gave me the chance to show that they will sell on a site that is not eBay.

At the beginning things were slow, but then I took the advice of someone here and began to post on forums and classified sites. That helped. However, the one thing that I did that resulted in a jump in sales was signing up for a free trial at Vertical Response. I sent out a newsletter announcing the availability of my books, but featuring just one book at a time. In other words, I did not advertise the whole site, just one of the books. After a week, I sent out another newsletter that anounced the availability of another book -- and so on.

I offer both Payal and Google and surprisingly more people are using Google checkout. People who hate Paypal have sent me emails thanking me for offering Google. So many of my customers have used Google Checkout that I now qualify for the free $50.00 in adwords.

So I list on eCrater without incurring fees and now when customers check out using Google I also do not incur fees.

Just an aside and admittedly just my opinion. ECrater is not as well known as eBay, but people will shop ANYWHERE if they feel safe and feel that they are getting a good deal for the price.

Anyway, for the first time in a long time, I can pay all of my bills at once. Hurrah!

I love eCrater and I am never leaving! Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jwautographs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! Hope all continues well for you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you jwautographs.

I just took a look at your site and I absolutely love what you are selling!

I know that you will have much success!
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear that you had so many sales.Welcome to ecrater.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Henhouse.

I wish the same for you! Very Happy
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ECrater is not as well known as eBay, but people will shop ANYWHERE if they feel safe and feel that they are getting a good deal for the price. "

Hi watchowerresearch, I totally agree with you! So nice to know your sales are going well! I think it will take some time until everyone learns the name ecrater.com, but this place has a very good reputation among those who already know about it, as I am hearing from friends and colleagues. So, every great transaction (great items, fair prices and fast shipping) will contribute to maintaining this great image and bring in more customers. Word of mouth is a very powerful marketing tool. Very Happy
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow good job watchtower. Glad to see people doing well on eCrater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: