eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with Buyer.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject: Help with Buyer. Reply with quote

I had a buyer just before Christmas make a purchase and pay with Google Checkout.
According to the DC# the item was delivered on December 23rd.
he claims no one in his office got it, and asks what am I going to do to rectify this situation....?

am i wrong in thinking this is a YP not a MP???

YP = Your problem
MP = My problem

Suggestions, Ideas, random thoughts, comments anyone??
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jwautographs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's HIS problem and it is YOUR problem as well.

Delivery confirmation may not be enough if your customer files a claim. It just means that the item was delivered. But where and to whom? I have found packages left at the wrong address that was addressed for me.

I always ship with a signature confirmation for my protection. That way the delivery service cannot just leave the package unattended.

I would suggest offering a replacement or credit toward another purchase instead of a refund. Let the customer file a complaint if that does not work for them.

I would also send them a link to the USPS or delivery confirmation page for proof that you sent the item to the address of the purchase.

Sometimes a customer will back off if they feel they have a weak case or if they think they will be caught in a fabrication.

Hope all works out for you.
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random idea:
We are very big on customer service.
Our first step would be to call the destination post office. Phone # can be found via USPS.COM.
Inquire if they can ask the postman if he remembers it. (Who knows it could be lost in a mailroom).
Get the person's name that you talk to note the time and date.

E-mail the buyer with the post office phone # the name of whom you spoke with and tell the buyer they are working on it locally and he/she should call their post office and speak with them.

If nothing else it gets you out of the loop. So far it's worked everytime.
And you did all you could really do.

Except the above mentioned idea.
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the the insight
i hope I didn't come off as Not caring if the guy got his item, because I do.
I have been in his situation before.
However im not just gonna roll over and foot the bill for something that is not in my control.
He says its an office and I believe anyone could have made off with the package
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might ask him to check with the mailroom or the receptionist or whoever the mail goes to. Chances are he's done that but it's a basic thing that not everybody will automatically do (like checking with the neighbors).

Requiring a signature probably is a good idea if you know it's going to an office, although I haven't yet done it.

You can also file a Form 1510 (Loss/Rifling) with the post office and give your buyer some confidence that he'll be taken care of.

My question is: Is it even possible to file that sort of complaint with Google? Or would it be a chargeback? With PayPal they'd most likely find in your favor since DC says it was delivered but I'm not sure how Google works in that respect.

Unscrupulous buyers might notice that the final DC was never scanned even though they do have the package and know they can get a refund. But you can never know for sure if that's the case.
Buytime

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks poopsheet
capitalus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
With PayPal they'd most likely find in your favor since DC says it was delivered....

So far I've heard many stories where Paypal did not regard a DC as a proof.

poopsheet wrote:
....but I'm not sure how Google works in that respect.

I haven't heard anything about google chargebacks in practice yet, but here is what I found on google site:

" How does Google protect me from chargebacks?

As part of Google's Chargeback Resolution Policy, Google will evaluate all chargebacks you receive and, whenever possible, fight them on your behalf. If the chargeback is successfully disputed, Google will reimburse you.

In addition to our Chargeback Resolution Policy, Google also offers the Payment Guarantee Policy, which extends even more chargeback protection to you for eligible transactions.".

Here is a link to it:
https://checkout.google.com/support/sell/bin/answer.py?answer=38147
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me once, I was the buyer and paid with PayPal. I did not receive the item, although the Post Office showed Delivery Confirmed. The seller had me file a PP dispute but PP said since it was confirmed there was no recourse there. I ended up out the money... Didn't blame the buyer. I was unhappy, but what was I to do? I did contact the PO but didn't file a claim - perhaps I should have.
Heather Ellen
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard some oddball stories about PayPal too, but there are a number of factors involved in the SPP too -- Delivery Confirmation (Signature Confirmation if over $250), shipping within 7 days, confirmed address... All the seller's ducks have to be in a row or they'll lose for sure.

cuppatea wrote:
That happened to me once, I was the buyer and paid with PayPal. I did not receive the item, although the Post Office showed Delivery Confirmed. The seller had me file a PP dispute but PP said since it was confirmed there was no recourse there. I ended up out the money... Didn't blame the buyer. I was unhappy, but what was I to do? I did contact the PO but didn't file a claim - perhaps I should have.

Yeah, it's more complicated when DC actually shows delivered. The seller's responsibility is to work with the post office and find out what happened. If the paperwork is started with the post office, then I guess their investigation closes the case, so to speak, whether they find the package or not (and they sometimes do). And if you're the seller in this type of situation, my impression is that sometimes filing with the PO can cause the package to mysteriously turn up on the buyer's end.
Buytime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did learn from this Situation...

everything get shipped with Signature Confirmation

Kenny
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: