eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi Newbie here my store is called mybestthings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyBestThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Hi Newbie here my store is called mybestthings Reply with quote

Hi everyone, my name is Trina and I am new here and thought i'd give ecrater a try. I am looking for your honest opinions on how my store looks. I am just starting to add things, but will continue to add more and more. I am enjoying my experience thus far with ecrater and am sure I will continue to do so. Again, please let me know what you think. I am a single mother of two beautiful little boys and am hoping I can make extra income doing this.
Thank you in advance for your time and honest opinions.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME!!

Quote:
I am looking for your honest opinions on how my store looks.

In my honest opinion I would remove " I am a single mother " from your About Us page. That's personal information and can cause you issues. Why would a shopper need to know that?

Regarding Mikasa Arabella Intaglio Cac01 20 Piece Dinnerware China Set Brand New
http://mybestthings.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5451217
You have category Dinnerware with a sub-category China
You put the above Dinnerware China in the main category since you have a China sub-category don't you want it in there?
Also on that item I noticed you attempted to put a google attribute
[!color :blue white green!]
Notice you have a space after color - therefore it's not accepting it and it shows on the item descriptions.
Just remove the space and it will be fixed BUT you also need to have a comma between your colors.
As for the description on this specific item you say it's 20 pieces but never say how many or what etc .. I think you should say something like includes 4 five piece place settings. Each place setting includes one 9" dinner plate, one 3" salad plate etc etc
A close up of the pattern in the images would be nice.

You can have up to 10 images per listing.

I noticed you put things like "I have Qty 2 lots available"
This might confuse alot of shoppers when you place it in the description.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

I also think you should add to your description of the Mikasa.
Unless you are offering a huge discount off MSRP, don't put that price in description. In one the difference is less than a dollar and then the buyer would have shipping to pay. That's not a good deal.

If you are selling discontinued items that you pick up on clearance sale, check the expiration dates. Not healthy to sell personal care products after their use by date. Also where you are selling lots of 3-4 of a kind, check those dates. If you use a lot of hair gel, for instance, you might take advantage of a good price to buy several, but if they expire by the time you use 2 it is not such a good deal.

You might want to describe the benefits of the products. Some people will know the product but others might just be looking for something new to try.

Here's why you should remove the single mom with 2 beautiful little boys from your site. Any pervert with computer knowledge (and they almost all come that way now) can locate you within minutes and post on their perverted websites that a lady with beautiful boys lives at xxx in xxx.
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:

Here's why you should remove the single mom with 2 beautiful little boys from your site. Any pervert with computer knowledge (and they almost all come that way now) can locate you within minutes and post on their perverted websites that a lady with beautiful boys lives at xxx in xxx.

I'm with Maggiethecat 100% on this. We have both said it before in previous threads. In this world we live in now, you can't trust anyone. Please don't expose yourself and your children to predators of any kind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: