eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store Opened please give me a critique!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inkipinkicards

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: New Store Opened please give me a critique!!!!! Reply with quote

I have just set up my new greeting card/invitation store called inkipinkicards. I am currently getting my baby card collection up. I would love some helpful critique....!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: New Store Opened please give me a critique!!!!! Reply with quote

inkipinkicards wrote:
I have just set up my new greeting card/invitation store called inkipinkicards. I am currently getting my baby card collection up. I would love some helpful critique....!

Nice store with very nice items. A couple of observations/suggestons:
At least on my computer the banner and avatar are fuzzy. Would suggest adding in the terms sections what your terms are like when do you ship, etc. etc. Perhaps then you could shorten the original comments -- the last line didn't appear until I upped the view to 125% Also for Google pursoses I'd avoid in your description the words: "A listing of" Hope this is helpful. Hope you have many sales.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Your cards are beautiful. Will you be offering birthday cards?

I didn't see anything about shipping. Did I miss it or it's not there?
craftycrochet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably you should fill out the terms of service,faq's etc.Very nice cards
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice cards..it doesn't appear you have filled out ABOUT..TERMS, CONTACT nor FAQ
also appears you are giving free shipping but yet you have this
"All orders are dispatched within 24 hours of cleared payment."
good luck with your store!
inkipinkicards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

Thanks for all your advice very much appreciated and very helpful indeed. I will get on with filling out the terms, contact, faq etc. Not quite sure why the banner is fuzzy etc, will have to get someone whose a little better at computers to have a look at it!!!!!
MaggietheCatsMeows yes we will be selling birthday cards in the very near future, i'm just finishing off the designs etc. There will be both adult and kids birthday cards, kids birthday invitations and small packs of birthday cards.
Regarding shipping your right i should make it clearer in my policies. What i meant by 'all orders are dispatched within 24 hours of cleared payment' is that for example if someone decided to send a cheque i wouldnt send the items off until that payment had gone through.
Thankyou so much for all your comment I really needed other peoples immediate reaction to the store. I'm going to have a browse through all your stores shortly!!
SuzanneMedrano

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings and welcome,

The banner is fuzzy for me too. Try taking advantage of the entire size of 250 x 68. Good luck.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkipinkicards wrote:

Regarding shipping your right i should make it clearer in my policies. What i meant by 'all orders are dispatched within 24 hours of cleared payment' is that for example if someone decided to send a cheque i wouldnt send the items off until that payment had gone through.

I'm not sure if my comment is related to Maggie's or not, but since shipping of $0.00 is shown, we are to assume that shipping is included in the price? $4.65 for a card from the UK to the US including the shipping seems awfully cheap!

Your cards are beautiful, by the way, and best wishes with your store!
Becky
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your cards are lovely. Reviewed your store and agree with the comments already made. It appears you are going to be charging shipping, but currently your store is open for business with free shipping. If someone places an order, they will be expecting free shipping. You might want to consider puttin your store on hold until you get your shipping updated.

I was wondering why you have Google ads on your item pages. It seems you've listed your cards in the eCrater global category of Home and Garden. Since you did not select a sub-category, you have Google ads. I think you would get more traffic if your cards were listed in the global category of Crafts > Handcrafted Items > Handcrafted Cards.

You seem to like exclamation points, but Google does not. You might want to consider removing the exclamation points from your titles. There is more information from Google here. Close to the bottom of the page Google lists "Editorial Guidelines" which I've copied some below (bolding is mine):
# Use Standard Spelling and Grammar. Avoid any repeated and unnecessary use of punctuation, capitalization or symbols. Don't use exclamation points in your product titles. The use of symbols, numbers, and letters should adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
# Avoid gimmicky repetition. You may not post excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords.

I really like your cards and I think you should do quite well.
Sheila
inkipinkicards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

Thank-you so much for taking time to look through the store and give your ideas etc very appreciated. It is so useful having a someone with a fresh look on it to go through and pick up on things i've missed. Sheila thanks so much for your critique, i have now gone through and changed the categories and taken out all the explanation marks. Regarding the shipping i had intended to make ALL items free postage no matter where in the world. However i have now changed each of the items to incorporate a small postage fee. I still want it to be kept pretty low as i dont want people to be put off by my items being sent from the UK. I'm still working on the banner and hopefully i can make the sizing better.

Thanks again for all your messages incredibly helpful. All your shops look wonderful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: