eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please read eCrater's terms of service. There are additions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All the sites showing up prominantly on GPS and have loads of boilerplate data on the listing are from paying sites

Target, WalMart, Toys R Us ...... paid sites?
NOTHING in their product desciption but description of the item listed.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They never show up on any searches I do. However since they are chain stores, don't you think they have Google included in their advertising budgets.

Sites that show in my searches for vintage items are now dominated by:
eBay
Ruby Lane
Tias
Go Antiques
Amazon
Nordstrom
Macys
Sears

In a search I just did for vintage handbag, not a single item on the first page was a vintage bag and all were from major chains. Page two only had 3 used vintage bags. The others were all new vintage style.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed lately is what I think of as keyword spam is the use of Vintage. Many companies now produce Vintage look items and they are taking over the market with the new look alikes! I wonder how shoppers who are looking for true vintage items like sorting through all the new Vintage items to find what they are truly searching for.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way off topic but I can't help myself. Speaking of WalMart, they have a new online product line! It's probably the last thing you will ever need and folks are just dieing to get one Wink

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=casket&search_constraint=0&tc=0&ic=48_0&ref=+125874.425084&tab_value=27_All
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh lord.............
prairiedtreasures

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, now I done seen it all Shocked
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
Way off topic but I can't help myself. Speaking of WalMart, they have a new online product line! It's probably the last thing you will ever need and folks are just dieing to get one Wink

.http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=casket&search_constraint=0&tc=0&ic=48_0&ref=+125874.425084&tab_value=27_All

Pretty soon they'll be selling do-it-yourself embalming kits, gas barbecue-crematorium conversion kits and vintage-style corpses for people without families.
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
aspencounty wrote:

.http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=casket&search_constraint=0&tc=0&ic=48_0&ref=+125874.425084&tab_value=27_All

Pretty soon they'll be selling do-it-yourself embalming kits, gas barbecue-crematorium conversion kits and vintage-style corpses for people without families.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
Over on feebay do they even have a "terms", "about", etc. page to put their other information? I think it all has to go on the listing page, so can't see how any of the auctions there will be in compliance.

Well, I don't remember ever hearing eBay specifically encourage removing boilerplate info but they did recently (well, a little while back now) redesign their listing pages so that there's a separate tab for shipping/payment info which also includes stock terms. But it is odd that I haven't heard anything yet with regards to the recent Google changes.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:

200+ pounds each, being shipped by FedEx overnight. I don't even want to think about the freight charges on one of those.

crazy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
Well, I don't remember ever hearing eBay specifically encourage removing boilerplate info but they did recently (well, a little while back now) redesign their listing pages so that there's a separate tab for shipping/payment info which also includes stock terms. But it is odd that I haven't heard anything yet with regards to the recent Google changes.

Well, speak of the devil. In the eBay e-mail newsletter I got today it says this:

Quote:
Google Base update
Google recently announced that individual sellers can no longer submit their own item information to Google Base. But not to worry--eBay currently sends millions of listings to Google Base at least once every day. We continue to work closely with Google to ensure our feeds--and your listings--align with Google requirements. So there's no need for you to change your listing practices.

So it would seem eBay is exempt from this new Google Base requirement. Also, they apparently send items to Base whether you want them to or not.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money talks.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: items rejected by Google... Reply with quote

How do you find out which ones?

I am so confused about the whole thing.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artinsilk

I keep a pretty close watch on your store because I like your wares.
Truthfully I think you will have to edit out all of the shipping and routine information and perhaps the set piece about the artist.

Note to all sellers. The more I edit out, the less hits I get in my stores. I have purified 2 stores and about half a third. The number of hits hasn't changed in two weeks. Lives and Loves which was the first store completely edited at least a week ago is totally dead.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Perhaps it is because... Reply with quote

I read your kind post and thank you for liking my artwork.

All your points make absolute sense in the context of the changes. I am depressed at the idea of having to change all the listing, just before the Holiday season.

Now, concerning the fact that you have few hits since you made the changes: Is it possible that after you made all the changes, the listings were resubmitted by eCrater, and therefore will take a few days to show up in Search?

When I list something new, I have very few hits for about a week.

I was thinking that perhaps the best way would be to make a new listing with the changes and keep the old one for a few weeks until the new one shows up in Search. Is that crazy?

javascript:emoticon('Rolling Eyes')
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: