eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please read eCrater's terms of service. There are additions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm working on removing all that. Just takes forever.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, we can't even allude to the photo? I didn't read that; I'll have to go back and reread that no-no list more thoroughly. I have "click photo to enlarge" in almost all of mine, too. And I've been leaving it in as I edit out the shipping info, thinking that the photo would be part of the description and directly related to the item. Silly me!
Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click photo is no longer necessary now that the zoom instruction has been added. I had click photo instructions in many of my listings also but stopped adding it when the zoom symbol was installed. I've been editing it out however.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I'm working on removing all that. Just takes forever.

Editing is about as much fun as cleaning toilets! Laughing
I set a goal last week to do one page a day, seemed like a relatively easy goal to meet. I've managed to do one page so far!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
Editing is about as much fun as cleaning toilets! Laughing
!

Worse. I only have one toilet.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what AmericanEdge said is my main concern. If ecrater as a whole loses it's placement with Google due to non-compliance of some stores this will kill us all.

I also think this is not just affecting sites like ecrater. Everyone who has an individual website and does their own google feed has got to be pulling their hair out right now. How many websites do you see with shipping and terms on their listings?

Google needs a competitor. They have too much power.
WorldGroceryStoreandMore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I am creating a new eCrater store and this message was pointed out to me today about the shipping not being in the listings. I hate that because that is very important for potential buyers to see along that with the product. I find that I don't like to go to another page to find the shipping cost.
Now, let me see if I fully understand what to do---just put a clear, simple description in the listing with no mention of shipping/handling etc. Put all of that in the texts?
nothingnew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are they located?
nothingnew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind I found them . I guess I did myself a favor keeping my ads simple. My work is done
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore wrote:
Crossing my fingers. Between my two stores I would have close to 1,000 items to edit that last line out of.

If the line "I gladly combine shipping." is considered a boiler plate then I have about 4000 items to edit. And whether ecrater is just giving a warning or not, Google has already removed my items.

Yeah, that gets real hazy for me, as I try to indicate which items I can combine, and which I cannot. Some items are sufficiently large that they have to ship separately to avoid kicking into USPS dimensional rates.

Hmmmm... Damned if I do, and damned if I don't.

I really wish that the item description had a split tab for the shipping information about that item (so that I could have quasi-boilerplate, without intruding into the actual item description).
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show how difficult these various rules could become, by law I need to display the following on each of the toy listings (other than the toys intended for very young children) ...

Quote:
Contains small parts. Not intended for children under 3 years.

That would appear to be boilerplate, but it is required boilerplate.

If I had a common space below the listings (which would be visible to the buyer, but not sent to GP), that could resolve my dilemma.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to sum up my feelings about all of this ...

There appears to be several conflicting needs ...

GP (via the feed) wants minimal textual information. They only want to see text that applies directly, and uniquely, to the product. I can understand that.

The sellers (me, you, most everyone reading this) want to convey other meaningful information to the buyer. Some of that information may be legally required (see my post above), some may have to do with peculiar shipping requirements, etc.

eCrater is trying to meet the requirements of GP. I understand that. I agree with that. We really need a method of conveying the additional information, without it cluttering up the information being fed to GP. From what I can tell, GP doesn't really care about what we show in the listing, they care about what is being sent to them. I concur.

Either give us a second text box, or give us a method of tagging the unique information to be fed to GP.

Personally, I'd vote for the latter.
TechNorton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I came here looking for an answer as to why ecrater does not do inventory control, anyone ever sell more then they have? YES MY FIRST 3 SALES, adios 4ever that unnamed suck@ auction site.
Luckily my store is small and easy to edit.
So we can only describe an items physical condition by the "used" check mark?
There are various levels of used from mint to POS, so am I understanding this if we want to honestly disclose an items "used" condition we must add a T&C or FAQ items that says "Item BLAH BLAH is used but in mint condition" or even more important "Item BLAH BLAH is in used very poor condition".
Seems like they'd miss it and be pretty POd.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TechNorton wrote:
Glad I came here looking for an answer as to why ecrater does not do inventory control, anyone ever sell more then they have? YES MY FIRST 3 SALES, adios 4ever that unnamed suck@ auction site.
Luckily my store is small and easy to edit.
So we can only describe an items physical condition by the "used" check mark?
There are various levels of used from mint to POS, so am I understanding this if we want to honestly disclose an items "used" condition we must add a T&C or FAQ items that says "Item BLAH BLAH is used but in mint condition" or even more important "Item BLAH BLAH is in used very poor condition".
Seems like they'd miss it and be pretty POd.

I'm leaving condition remarks in that apply only to that particular item. Since I sell only previously owned items, describing all defects and signs of use is vital in my eyes. That's why I almost never have a return.
TechNorton

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I guess new is conditional too. HMM. I guess a real store has that info in ad, but do not send to G. I guess we do need an "other" text box or some kind of ignore line character that prevents ecrater from sending to G.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: