eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Product Search Traffic Drop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny if they are supposed to be penalizing eBay, they seem to have failed miserably. eBay listings are front and center of every search I do and now they are including stores in search again.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
myvintagechina

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Funny if they are supposed to be penalizing eBay, they seem to have failed miserably. eBay listings are front and center of every search I do and now they are including stores in search again.

Your talking organic search, different perimeters. What this is all about has to do with Google product search, that is going to hurt them with all the templates eBay has.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm talking about Google Product search. eBay is everywhere.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I'm talking about Google Product search. eBay is everywhere.

Exactly. Google organic search or Google shopping search return pretty much the same results, and ebay is ranking right up towards the top in all of them.
ImajeNationFlatware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the eCrater Admin tool easy enough, but where is the Google Status tab?

Been revising for 4 days now; can't see straight anymore...
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImajeNationFlatware wrote:
I found the eCrater Admin tool easy enough, but where is the Google Status tab?

Been revising for 4 days now; can't see straight anymore...

after you log in to the admin area
in the center of your screen there are FOUR tabs ... one of them - I think it's the third one - is the Google Feed Status tab
ImajeNationFlatware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my Administrative tool I have a column on the very left called "Navigation".
Subtopics under it are: Basic setup, Shipping & taxes, Texts & colors, More Options, and Account. Which one of those is it under?
I don't have Google Analytics; is that why I can't find this?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImajeNationFlatware wrote:
In my Administrative tool I have a column on the very left called "Navigation".
Subtopics under it are: Basic setup, Shipping & taxes, Texts & colors, More Options, and Account. Which one of those is it under?
I don't have Google Analytics; is that why I can't find this?

go to www.ecrater.com
click on sign up/log in
STOP -- look there in the center of your screen -- not on the left menu -- in the center of your screen -- see it now?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tscsales

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my Google's Feed Status says Items Processed 118, Items inserted 118. Does that mean all of mine have been sent to Google and should show up?

Wow, my sales have completely disappeared, so now I'm really mystified.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just clicked on this item, tscsales,
http://tscsales.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5101217 and I wouldn't guarantee that listing is safe from future cuts due to the discussion of shipping. Important information but it might not be allowed.

I have no idea how Google is doing this. Another site I was reading on last night evidently felt the knife in September and is getting back to normal now.
ImajeNationFlatware

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, THERE it is! Embarassed
Thanks....
tscsales

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat wrote:
I just clicked on this item, tscsales,
http://tscsales.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5101217 and I wouldn't guarantee that listing is safe from future cuts due to the discussion of shipping. Important information but it might not be allowed.

I have no idea how Google is doing this. Another site I was reading on last night evidently felt the knife in September and is getting back to normal now.

I understand what you're saying, and I'm planning on starting to drop the "boilerplate" language and put something in my terms, but I wonder how I will deal with something like this where my western shipping is higher. Maybe I'll switch this one to calculate, but then again, if you do it on one, don't you have to do it on all?

I've only been following this a bit, but I wonder what Google's logic is on this. Everything we sell getting paid through Google Checkout makes them money. Go figure.
sewgood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im lost and gone now. Unless people search and hit more stores on the left. They will never find me. I don't think people spend that much time looking and know how to use all these tools. All I see is Amazon, Target and the big names.
This stinks since I went from sales to zero the last 5 days.

Also all my feeds went through but 7. They tell you the errors. Which are not, in my opinion, because one says author. LOL Thats a category for books. They don't tell you the item number or name. So what do I do? Go through 1,000 books to find one with a wrong category, which isn't? Nuts.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In addition it looks like Google increased the number of listings with "compare prices" buttons. When you click on these "compare buttons" most of the times you also see only big retailers. On some searches our team was able to verify that the first 3 pages that Google returned contained only results with such compare buttons.

Most of my products are showing up on the "Compare Prices" sub button on the very first item in Google Products search. For example, search for 'lego 7171' in Google Products. You will see that I'm there, along with Amazon and someone called Bastens. I may know why too.

A couple of months back, I did a re-analysis of prices across my entire inventory. This entailed checking 600-700 items against various other sites (including Amazon) and one LEGO specific site that does not feed to GP. During this analysis, I detected a couple of errors in the meta information I was supplying to GP, thru eCrater. Namely I saw a couple of instances where the correct product showed up under the "Compare Prices" along with a second item (also mine) that should not have been there. My first thought was that GP screwed up. A closer inspection of my meta tags revealed that I had supplied the same UPC number for both items (one correctly, one incorrectly). I have since corrected those two with the wrong UPC. That suggests to me that GP is correlating the "Compare Prices" items via the UPC numbers supplied in the meta tags.

If your items are not appearing in the "Compare Prices" sub-screen, then make sure you are supplying valid UPC numbers (along with as much other data as possible).

Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: