eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

correct shape and sizes of photos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpenguin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: correct shape and sizes of photos Reply with quote

I've had my store for a while although haven't added products for a while. I find I have completely forgotten anything about the correct sizing and shapes for photos. I've uploaded a few today but they wind up showing only the centers. Can someone help--or direct me to some, please!!! I can't even figure out where to find the help in the forums--

THANK YOU!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place they look cut up is at your stores and eCrater's categories.
To avoid it just make them squares (don't need to be too exact).

Do not shirink them to less than 300 pixel length or width (so there will be an enlargement button on them). If you go below 250x250 pixel you will get Google Ads appearing in your products like this one: http://alpenguin.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3635427#

Unrelated but, you don't need to leave sold items unhidden. Hidden items can be viewed (See: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=12191 ). Just hide the item. All you need is the url of the product page to be able to view it (or your customenr).
alpenguin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm really on dense today. So just to confirm, if I make my photos 400x400 pixels, I'll be ok?

What's the deal about google ads being on our product pages? This is the first I've heard of it. (I have been away for a long time!)

Is it possible to prevent them from appearing? Replacements is a direct competitor for the item on the page you mentioned.

Re the sold items--I usually put the sold sign up for two weeks after a sale so visitors can see what they missed! Smile (And perhaps ask if I have another or something similar...) I'm not sure what you meant but will go and look at the post for more info...

Thanks for the help. It's very much appreciated!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This explains the Google ads.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=16812

Hope that helps! Smile
acread

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpenguin wrote:
Sorry, I'm really on dense today. So just to confirm, if I make my photos 400x400 pixels, I'll be ok?

Yes. (If you can make it larger make it larger. So when people click on the image they get to see a larger picture.)
Quote:
What's the deal about google ads being on our product pages? This is the first I've heard of it. (I have been away for a long time!)

It has been a few months.
Quote:
Is it possible to prevent them from appearing? Replacements is a direct competitor for the item on the page you mentioned.

upload a default image larger than 250x250 pixel.
make sure you select correct and suitable global subcategory (not selecting or putting it in wron place will cause them)
see the info in wtcollectible's link.
Quote:
Re the sold items--I usually put the sold sign up for two weeks after a sale so visitors can see what they missed! Smile (And perhaps ask if I have another or something similar...) I'm not sure what you meant but will go and look at the post for more info...

Thanks for the help. It's very much appreciated!

no problem.
alpenguin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks aagain--
Follow up question re adsense ads. Once they appear on your product page, and you remove or fix whatever caused their arrival, is there any way to get them removed?

Also, the little gallery under the description showing other similar items--is that standard? I wouldn't mind if it showed other of my items but it doesn't--and causes the potential buyer to have to click to see more description.

You've really been helpful here. I feel like I'm starting all over!
atticinthewoods

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alpenguin,

Welcome back & I know this is a little off topic but I was checking out your store & found this huge error in your postage. You might want to correct it.

http://alpenguin.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2176248.

Also you will have to remove the first line of your descriptions about eBay. It is boilerplate text and due to new terms on ecrater that has to be removed. You an read up on it here:

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=19432
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alpenguin wrote:
Thanks aagain--
Follow up question re adsense ads. Once they appear on your product page, and you remove or fix whatever caused their arrival,

once you correct the cause they will be gone
Quote:
Also, the little gallery under the description showing other similar items--is that standard? I wouldn't mind if it showed other of my items but it doesn't--and causes the potential buyer to have to click to see more description.

The gallery is standard (no settings for it). It shows your products in the store and at eCrater and at Google Shopping. Only time they don't is when you so a serch at eCrater to locate the product before you click on the product page to look (not at your store).
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: