eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi guys
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ljstores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Hi guys Reply with quote

Hi to everyone out there. I just opened my store yesterday and I am loving everything i have seen so far. I only have a few items listed, as I have been focussing on getting myself organised and testing the water! I still dont have a clue what I am doing so will be looking for help from the ecrater veterans Laughing
One of my biggest issues is about shipping! I do not understand the matrix thingie! (among MANY other things!)
Do I need to post my questions somewhere else?
Feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment and would really appreciate some guidance.
Good luck to all and a Happy New Year
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I need to post my questions somewhere else?

First - use the search function at the top of this page --- 99% of the questions have been asked and answered at least once.

There are different forums for differnet things. HELP is the forum you want when you need HELP. In that section you will see a thread at the top of the page Titled
SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=481

I would suggest you start there for your reading pleasure regarding the shipping matrix.

There are many of us that try our best to help everyone out. So SEARCH, then post if you have questions.
ljstores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for your quick response. Very much appreciated! I
have however, done everything you suggested already and probably should have mentioned that in my post. I have researched posts for 3 days before I ever came here Smile and I amstarting to feel like I should be in the "dumb" section lol. One thing I do have going in my favour is that I dont give up easy, so here's hoping some of those lost brain cells may return and help me out!!!!!
Thanks again!!!!!
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WELCOME!!! Wink

Fab
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally - I gave up long time ago figuring out that shipping matrix --- so I can't help you.
I use fixed rate - it works for me. BUT if you do that - remember that international buyers will get a zero charge for shipping - unless you do like I did - shut off international all together and make them email you.
ljstores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fab
Just wanted to say that I checked out your store and I LOVE your "home page" color scheme.
I struggled with choosing those muted colors that I love so much, or going "bolder" for 07.
I think i had been watching a marathon of "that 70's show" when I came to my final decision!!! LoL
The best of luck for 2007!
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lj... you colors are amazing! I love orange! It's so happy! Best of luck to you!

Fab

edited to add... loving the logo too!
ljstores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTall ,when I work out the differences between the shipping options (duh) I am sure that that will be valuable information!! ( no seriously...thank you) I do worry though, that I have a "shipping block" in my brain!!! I amhave sold a few items over the last few years and done well on occasions and badly at other times but never really been comfortable with shipping part!
Its something I need to concentrate on!!!!
Thanks again
LJ
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljstores --- here is a tip for you --- REPEAT your title in your description

FYI --- currently your items have ZERO shipping (just wanted to make sure you know that)
I would hate to see someone make a purchase if it's not your intention to have FREE shipping.
If you are not ready to have your store open (due to this shipping issue or any othre reason) - you might put it on hold
ljstores

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again BigTall
Firstly, I really appreciate the tip on repeating the title in my content!
secondly...
It proves i dont understnad the shipping part...I put in the weight of the item and clicked "weight dependable" and just assumed that ecrater ( or the forces that be Very Happy ) would calculate the shipping costs!!?!?
Obviously I am way off?
Shocked
Surprised
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welcome to ecrater.If i were you until I was able to get the shipping figured out,I would used fixed shipping and put a shipping charge in each item.Little more work in the beginning but at least they wouldn't get shipping free if you didn't intend it that way
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make sure I have this straight...

I have US Mainland, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada checked off. This means that all others international countries that are not checked cannot purchase?

OR

It means they get free shipping??

I saw someone say (maybe another thread?) that you can turn off international shipping all together... I thought that's what I did by not checking off the other countries.

I'm soooo confused!!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljstores wrote:
Hi again BigTall
FI put in the weight of the item and clicked "weight dependable" and just assumed that ecrater ( or the forces that be Very Happy ) would calculate the shipping costs!!?!?

Ideally, eCrater would be hooked into a USPS module but it's not. So you have to go in and fill out the Shipping Matrix. Choose the Weight Scale you want to base your shipping off of, check the Shipping Zones you'll ship to (or that you want to bother with) and fill out the amounts per weight in the Shipping Matrix.

It just takes some playing around with to get it right. That's the biggest learning curve for most people (myself included).
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fabulous-for-less wrote:
I have US Mainland, Alaska, Hawaii and Canada checked off. This means that all others international countries that are not checked cannot purchase?

Correct. The countries checked are the only ones who can pay through the cart.
fabulous-for-less

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks poopsheet! Very Happy

I thought I had it right and then I start to question myself! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: