eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do YOU actually sell things?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moship

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Do YOU actually sell things? Reply with quote

Like the topic says - Do you actually sell or are you like me and waiting for someone to buy your stuff? I'm asking cause it's freakin' frustrating to see the hit-counter going up all the time, but no sales!

So, how many sales have you had, and how long have you been selling at eCrater? I'm just curious!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I sell at eCrater every day. Laughing

This is not ebay...so you have to promote your store to bring in customers. The eCrater team does an excellent job of getting our items into Google, but it looks like all your items are from a catalog and there are probably thousands of other sellers with the same merchandise as you.

Also I noticed the first line of your description in many of your items is
Free Shipping. This is a NO NO and will get you items kicked out of GB.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Do YOU actually sell things? Reply with quote

moship wrote:
Like the topic says - Do you actually sell

yes.
Quote:
or are you like me and waiting for someone to buy your stuff?

why are you waiting? You should be advertising and promoting. It takes quite a bit of work to get off the ground with new store. May take several months or several says. It depends what you are doing.

Are you listing daily?

Have you submitted your store homepage url to search engines?

Ave you started a promo topic that you update daily (add content relating to your store)?

Are you going all over the internet posting links leading to your store and product pages?

Do you have a social networking site, a blog or a website that you keep posting and writing and putting up links leading to your store?

Are you giving out business cards?

Do your former customers know you have a new store?

You don't sit and wait. You keep busy.
moship

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also I noticed the first line of your description in many of your items is
Free Shipping. This is a NO NO and will get you items kicked out of GB.

Wow, i didn't know that! I'll remove it!

Quote:
Are you listing daily?

Almost. I'm pretty busy with other stuff, so i haven't had the chance to do it yet.

Quote:
Have you submitted your store homepage url to search engines?

Yes, i've done that. The problem isn't the traffic, but people not buying anythinng (yet?). I'm using PayPal, and i would like to use Google Checkout, BUT i'm not located in the US or England, so that's not possible at the moment.

Quote:
Ave you started a promo topic that you update daily (add content relating to your store)?

I've actually done that! And it generates more traffic, but again, that's not the problem.

Quote:
Are you going all over the internet posting links leading to your store and product pages?

No. I haven't come across the right place to do it yet. But i'll do it once i get the chance.

Quote:
Do you have a social networking site, a blog or a website that you keep posting and writing and putting up links leading to your store?

Yes, i'm using Twitter.

Quote:
Do your former customers know you have a new store?

I'm new at this, so no.

Thanks for replying guys, but what do you guys think the "problem" is? I can and will get more products in my store, but since i'm drop shipping it's really hard to find serious companies. That takes a lot of time and researching.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you actually sell

I own and or manage about 22 total stores on the internet.
YES, I sell or I won't waste my time here.
My ecrater.com stores are my best stores.

Your store success is 100% in your hands. If you think you can list and they will buy - well those days ended about 10 years ago as competition grew.

For an online store to be a success you must market it. Do Not rely on the every changing google shopping search or any specific search engine. Sure, submit your url to them all! But you need to advertising, promote and do whatever you can to get your links out there for buyers to find.
shebang

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sold some things I have had a store a few months.I am not getting rich but I have made a few dollars.I also have only about 250 items which when you start out seems alto but figure when you go in a grocery store or a department store how many items they have.I would definitely agree that your online store regardless of if it is on ecrater or any other site will only do as well as the effort you put in.I think my store would have got off to a better start if I started with any computer knowledge but I am learning listing more often and promoting more hopefully the whole google thing won't hurt too bad but shouldn't have all my eggs in one basket anyhow.Good luck stick with it but effort in it and keep a well stocked competitively priced store and you CAN make it work.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming you are using a US based drop shipper. People might see Norway, and figure they can get it cheaper in the US. And as some one already mentioned, there are tons of people using the same drop shipper on line so you have a lot of competition.

If I recall you had an introduce yourself topic. A lot of your visits are just other sellers who saw your post and checked you out.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started here last dec. it took me almost 1 month to sell my first thing. but it was over 100.00 item so I was sold from that moment on. I did the post your store link here and there for about 5 months and haven't much done that anymore. There are a couple sites I post on but only a couple.

Although I did start a blog last week but mainly rely on anyone using google searches to find my stuff. I'm computer stupid and don't understand a lot about meta tags and keyword things so i'm sure it doesn't help.

I consider my store very sucessfull as my average grows by the month. This is my first holiday season on ecrater. But if things keep growing It should be a fine season.

When I'm flat broke and destitute I give a few thigs away on the bay. Then grab the buyers and send them to my store here. That has worked real well at times. And I setup at some flea markets and antique shows to take in the slack. I'm always adding new inventory to keep my store shelves fresh. and posting on these boards here and there.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: It shows 69 sales from my store. However it shows a single sale when in fact Many of my sales are multiple sales with a single payment.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind: 32 items means only 32 opportunities for someone to buy something from your store. They have to want one of those 32 items, they have to find it at your store first and there has to be a reason to buy yours rather than someone else's.

But the main thing is it's just not much of a selection. What would you do if you walked into a store that only sold 32 individual products? More items gives you more of a chance to be found and gives the shopper more reasons to stay and look around.
abouturface

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of my stores are doing okay, but the other stores not so much. The economy is terrible, people are losing jobs all over the place, so many folks are only buying essential items or those that are really, really cheap. Pretty much everything I sell is a luxury item so my sales are not stupendous. However, I list items everyday. I promote when I can and most of all I have not given up yet. Things will get better and since we don't have to pay anything to eCrater we are not out anything but our time and inventory etc. Don't give up! If you list it they will come and buy eventually. Smile
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All but 1 of my stores are slamming with orders. My one Thrift store is not because I don't promote it much & I only have maybe 20 items in there right now. Have to work on that one later.
But I twitter...blog...squidoo...link in forums ... comment on other's blogs with my site name.... I spend A LOT of time promoting!
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nearly 30 stores at ecrater and I am so busy that I just do not have time to be as active in the forum as I would wish.

Last month over 200 items sold in single and multiple sales.

Not sure about the comment in respect of FREE SHIPPING. Every item in all my stores are inclusive of FREE SHIPPING.

I seem to be picking up plenty of sales.

Someone explain the NO NO please.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine wrote:
I have nearly 30 stores at ecrater and I am so busy that I just do not have time to be as active in the forum as I would wish.
...Someone explain the NO NO please.

You might want to surf around the forums and check out the threads about the new Google Base feeds--they're everywhere! Your listing description, it seems, cannot contain any information about shipping, payment methods, etc., only description of the item itself. The Ecrater terms have also been changed to mirror the Google changes; check them out as well.

If you depend on Google Shopping for a lot of your business, it could be significant for your stores. I suggest that a few minutes of your time to read up on it would be a good idea.

As for the sellers who NEVER come to the forums, I'm hoping that some way of communicating to them will be found.

Best wishes,
Becky
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with so many things that are talked of in the forums, reality and talk, often in practice are very different.

Every item in each of my stores contains details in respect of FREE SHIPPING and Payment Methods.

However I do not accept paypal, I only accept Google Checkout. Perhaps Google like that Smile

Due to the above and when you add the facts that my Google Checkout account in in GBP and not USD which does not integrate with ecrater, plus while I am English my businesss in located in Ukraine.

I have to add in payment, location and shipping details to each and every item.

It has done nothing to harm or restrict my sales which have grow each month I have been at ecater.

I seem to remember that when Google Attributes arrived on the scene we had dozens of threads and hundreds of posts about all items needed these. None of my items have Google Attributes. If I did all the things that are reported in the forum there would be no time to deal with the orders I receive each day Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: