eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do YOU actually sell things?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I sell stuff (here and one other place).

The internet has a finite (or infinite, depending on how you look at it) number of buyers/customers.

1. They need to have some reason to want to buy from you, and not from the next guy offering the same/similar product (and that could be as simple as they can't find the other guy).

2. The best possible thing, is to be the last guy left standing, with something that many people are looking for. I've been there a couple of times.

There are people out there with money to spend. When what you have for sale matches with a buyer with money to spend, sales happen.

Ray
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine wrote:
...I seem to remember that when Google Attributes arrived on the scene we had dozens of threads and hundreds of posts about all items needed these. None of my items have Google Attributes. If I did all the things that are reported in the forum there would be no time to deal with the orders I receive each day Laughing

You should read the following topic. It is not about Google. It is about eCrater Terms of Service. http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=19432
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having spent the last 15 minutes reading numerous posts I now remeber another reason why I not visit the forum so often.

To many people talking about what if this or that happened.

I am plesed that Big Tall and the owner of ecrater directly gave myself much help to set up here.

I of course agree with comments in another thread that if the rules are strictly enforced more that 75% of ecrater listings would have to be removed.

I do not think that is likely to happen.

Thanks for the info everybody. Now I must get back to selling.

Happy to leave the forum to those who like to spend their time talking.

Good Luck to all Smile
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking...and trying to help. But only those who need it and ask for it.

Best of luck to you, too! Smile
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I of course agree with comments in another thread that if the rules are strictly enforced more that 75% of ecrater listings would have to be removed.)

Then so be it! I've been searching ecrater for a few weeks now looking(hoping) to find somethig and see more stores abusing buyers . And I see a neg feedback and the buyer saying they will never come back here. That hurts everyone. and dead stores abandoned?
All that stuff hurts all of us that are trying hard to make ecrater stick out from the pack. In a good way.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothingnew,
I strongly agree!! My sales are increasing every month and my store is just about at the point where I can catch a breath without worrying about sales every day. If the site (ecrater) gets knocked out of google search because too many stores don't comply with terms we're dead.

Terry
AustinDridge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Same situation Reply with quote

I found this topic of particular interest because I am in the same situation
I opeded my store in August and after not having any sales posted a question of the forum Many people were helpful and I took most of their suggestions Of the 450 listings on my store the most recent ones (around 250 ) have been listed with their suggestions included However while this increases the hits I was getting it did nothing to increase sales I have had one in 11 weeks Any ideas?
Thanks
Austin
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Same situation Reply with quote

AustinDridge wrote:
I found this topic of particular interest because I am in the same situation
I opeded my store in August and after not having any sales posted a question of the forum Many people were helpful and I took most of their suggestions Of the 450 listings on my store the most recent ones (around 250 ) have been listed with their suggestions included However while this increases the hits I was getting it did nothing to increase sales I have had one in 11 weeks Any ideas?
Thanks
Austin

Austin..I'm seeing very few images for your products?
you are selling a couple of taxidermy books? but in the title your have it spelled texidermy..your about me page could have much more added..you do have a spelling word there also..OFTEN
good luck
AustinDridge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply
The ones without pictures are the ones I entered pre Sept 20th before I asked for suggestions The ones I entered after wards all have pictures and I am gradually going back and correcting the older ones Around 200 have them
Interestingly some of the ones without pictures are getting large hits

Regarding typing I have visual problems due to an eye surgury that did not go well and I make a lot of typos I will go back and fix the one that you spotted tomorrow

I will look at the about me tomorrow also
Many thanks
Austin
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustinDridge wrote:
The ones without pictures are the ones I entered pre Sept 20th before I asked for suggestions The ones I entered after wards all have pictures and...
Interestingly some of the ones without pictures are getting large hits

Austin

That is because people keep going back to see if you've added a picture.
AustinDridge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe but tthat dsoes not explain why I am not getting sales on the ones with pictures and large hit numbers
Austin
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep promoting your store every where you can and sales will come.Lots of ideas here
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=4
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AustinDridge wrote:
Maybe but tthat dsoes not explain why I am not getting sales on the ones with pictures and large hit numbers
Austin

YES it does. A shopper goes in your store and looks at those with images BUT is then afraid to purchase because the store is so incomplete.
AustinDridge

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thanks for the suggestions
What I would appreciate is a link to the discussion for web sites that premit you to enter your store on multiple search engines I did this a few months ago and want to try again

I think that there are bigger issues here than simply a promotion of the store

First the economy which we can do nothing about Consumer spending is simply awful and they are expecting a bad Christmas This is why people are looking but not buying They are being very conservative

The second problem is that ecrater should be promoting itself Almost no one I know has hear of the site If they came to investigate they would probably bay The smae books I have listed here have sold on Amazon If the material is selling on Amazon (around 40 items) at least a few should have sold here
I have seen too many postings regarding the lack of sales so it simply could just be me
Austin
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I would appreciate is a link to the discussion for web sites that premit you to enter your store on multiple search engines I did this a few months ago and want to try again

DIFFERENT TOPIC completely. But I will say - most search engines will no longer accept auto submissions like that.

Quote:
The second problem is that ecrater should be promoting itself

eCRATER is FREE your job is to promote yourself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: