eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How does this guy still have a store?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcfcomputing

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: How does this guy still have a store? Reply with quote

Nice feedback there.

http://www.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=13984
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeesh, that's a lot of bootleg accusations.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting!
cuppatea

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow the feedback shows a lot of bootleg copies!!

Other issues: one of his DVDs is taking up a prime spot on ecrater's home page (under Most Popular), and the text in that item is swiped directly from a copyrighted web site
http://movies.toptenreviews.com/actors/reviews/a267231.htm

One of the buyers said "I won't buy on ecrater any more". A shame, with all of the good sellers here.

Heather Ellen
storybook-ceramics

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTMC,

Has this store been reported??

SB
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
one of his DVDs is taking up a prime spot on ecrater's home page (under Most Popular),

Most likely because everyone that looks at this post is clicking on the link make it most popular.
Robertd1138

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An "All region" DVD? lol
rcfcomputing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was actually most popular before I posted that link. That's how I found his store. God knows I wasn't searching for Vanilla Ice, lol.
AliciaMae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that store is still open, even recent buyers have said they have a hunch they're pirated dvd's...how do you report something like that?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone reported him or is this as far as the complaints go? I can't figure out the store name from the link at the top of the page but since he has 9/3/07 feedback he must still be quite active.

What surprises me is that he only gets neutral from people who know they got a pirated copy.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is there is no proof if that they are pirated copy. Many more buyers are happy then not happy.

What's surprising is how many actually leave feedback!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
The problem is there is no proof if that they are pirated copy. Many more buyers are happy then not happy.

40 plus items described as pirated or never arrived sounds like horrid feedback to me. On the other hand many people don't give a rat's a@@ if an item is fake or not as long as it is cheap.
bigtexsurplus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It couldn't be much more obvious, it seems. Could there really be such a significant number of buyers who note the "homemade" or "burnt" appearance if they really are genuine? Highly improbable I think.

If nothing else, we should have reasonable doubt as to the authenticity of the DVDs this seller, http://mitso10.ecrater.com is selling. This seller's listings are purposefully vague enough to escape the crawler by not making stupid, self-incriminating statements like "replica" or "backup copy". That sliminess should not be rewarded by inaction.

I'm really disturbed by this seller being allowed to stay on eCrater. That feedback is absolutely atrocious, but that's just a secondary problem. However, if eCrater is concerned about the entire site's reputation (as I think he/they are), mitso10 should be banned (lest the 89% feedback rating, over a relatively large volume, drives potential buyers away from this marketplace).

More importantly, if eCrater wants to stay away from the long-arm of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, mitso10 should be banned (lest eCrater be held as an implicit conspirator to copyright infringement). There's a reason that eBay aggressively pursues their "VERO" program ... not to be a pain in the sides of copyright thieves; rather, it keeps their principals from paying fines or, worse, gettin' sent to jail based on the actions of their sellers for whom they provide a nexus of operation. Agree with these new laws or not, they are what they are.

I engage in the highest ethics I can imagine. I do not shrug my shoulders when a customer is less than pleased. And I certainly do not conduct my life as an exercise in what I can get away with. Altogether too often I see others making money by screwing others - customers and owners of intellectual property in this case - and it just makes me really mad.

*long sigh* I feel compelled to go ahead and post this - just to let any crater friends peek into my mind ... but I'm sure it's too much, so I'm also compelled to apologize for ranting.

Best of luck to all you good folks in the crater,
Patty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree bigtexsurplus. It we don't rant, we become complicit. Taking no action is actually taking action by default.

78 neutral and negative feedback but read the positive feedback. Most acknowledge they got a burnt copy but that the quality of the copy was okay. Of the 1100+ who didn't leave feedback, how many of them figured it was just 12$ or more down the drain and lesson learned from shopping on ecrater.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

me too. Confused

Seeing that this seller has alot more positive feedbacks than negative, it leads me to think that either;

1. buyers know they are buying pirated DVD's, and that isn't a problem unless they aren't satisfied with the copy or the service was bad.

2. buyers really don't know they are pirated, I'm leaning towards 1, because there are alot of happy buyers there.

I have seen this countless times with fake purse sellers. The buyer knows it's fake. If it's a good fake-buyer is happy. If it's a bad fake or buyer is unhappy with service-buyer screams about it being fake from the mountain tops.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: