eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Does anyone have regular website & use ecrater as a shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladystrange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Does anyone have regular website & use ecrater as a shop Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone else has tried this and if there are any unforeseen issues with it. I was planning on using the add to cart url on each item. thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a website with pictures and a banner that will take them to my ecrater store.

T
jwautographs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a web site. Here's a suggestion. You can display your item(s) on your web site with a link for each product directly to your eCrater product and description page which places them on your product and eCrater shop.

Example:

http://jwautographs.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=561063

Of course you can word the link as "more info" or "add to cart" in place of the product's url address.
ladystrange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: looks really great-my problem is a little different though Reply with quote

I deal with lingerie with about 15 different manufacturers each one having their own size chart. I cannot copy paste the tables and have them look right in ecrater plus they wind up in search results on froogle.

I am not sure how I am going to address this problem. I would like the size charts to be predominate at the time of ordering without messing up the overall layout of things. I have thought of trying to create a jpg file to display them in pictures.

I have tons of visiters on my regular website but they are not buying. I think my paypal cart is messed up due to e-mail address changes- basically reworking everything, tons to do just not sure how to approach with out losing website popularity.

Thanks for showing me how yours turned out it gives me more to think about.

Does your ecrater description pages rank well in search engines? Thanks
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwautographs wrote:

Of course you can word the link as "more info" or "add to cart" in place of the product's url address.

Except that "add to cart" may be a little dangerous if the buyer thinks they can go back and forth from your site to eCrater. Hopefully they would continue shopping from eCrater but if they back-buttoned to your site I'm pretty sure anything they placed in the cart would be gone.

I guess you have to also encourage them somehow to shop from eCrater once they get there. I guess it also might be a good idea to include a blank target in the link so that it opens up in a new window (no back button possibility then).

I'm just thinking out loud here. I do think the set-up you're talking about is a good idea and I know others do it too. I'd do it myself except that most of the stuff I sell I only have one of..
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Re: looks really great-my problem is a little different thou Reply with quote

ladystrange wrote:
I have thought of trying to create a jpg file to display them in pictures.

I know that's the solution that some others have found -- adding it to the item's pictures and then mentioning in the description where to find the chart.
jwautographs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to throw ideas out for those who have a web site and using eCrater as their primary shopping cart solution.

Actually, I use eCrater as well as my main web site as individual stand alone sites. Each is promoted individually.

You may also use your site as an informational base with frequent reference to making purchases via your eCrater shop.

Each shop owner has to incorporate eCrater into their business as it fits to their individual needs. What you do get here is an easy solution for listing your items, completing a sale, and one that features google item feeds. Very nice!!
jwautographs

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually my example in the initial response was to use an indivdual item in their web site to draw them to their eCrater shop where the shopper can then continue shopping there and complete the purchase.

I sure a number of you have other more creative ways of handling this.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this one ---
http://fancyflappers.com/

every item once you click you are in ecrater.com

It's one of the best I personally have seen
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have thought of trying to create a jpg file to display them in pictures.

That is the only way to really show the size chart. Include it in the images. Note in the description that the size chart can be found in the images and they must click where it says how many images are included for that item.

YOU CAN NOT -- make a product ad for a size chart. that is against ecrater.com terms as it is not a product for sale.
ladystrange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the info Reply with quote

Quote:
YOU CAN NOT -- make a product ad for a size chart. that is against ecrater.com terms as it is not a product for sale.

Wow so many restrictions here.

I am really trying to simplify things and do not want to have constantly update both websites. I really want to eliminate these extra steps if at all possible but I am not yet seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet.
Crying or Very sad
Some of you guys have some cool niche websites, thanks for telling me about them for ideas
cuppatea

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just set up a separate web site. Thank you for the sample site, Big & Tall. It's really nice. Over time I want to add things I have for sale in the pictures down the side of my site and link them to ecrater. Right now, I just have several links to my store. We'll see!

Heather Ellen
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwautographs wrote:
Actually my example in the initial response was to use an indivdual item in their web site to draw them to their eCrater shop where the shopper can then continue shopping there and complete the purchase.

Oh, yeah, that's a great idea. I wonder if there's a good script out there that would be like a "featured item" sort of randomizer tied to eCrater shop pages?

There's probably something like that for anybody using a content management system (like Joomla, Typo3, etc.) but I'm not sure for regular ol' HTML.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BTM. I thought about adding a cart code originally but it's tedious because each item has a different code and has to be created, so why bother when e-Crater can do it all for me. Very Happy It takes me about 5 minutes on my website to add new images and the links to the e-Crater item, and I do very well this way. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: