eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What do you do if you dont get paid?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacquiescloset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: What do you do if you dont get paid? Reply with quote

If someone bought something from me, and they don't sent me payment by PayPal, what can I do as "punishment" for not paying?

Is there a feedback system or something or can I report them somewhere or what? (sorry I'm new to this site, I'm used to Ebay and a feedback system and whatnot)

Also can people outside the eCrater community buy from your store or does a buyer HAVE to create an account first to do so?

Also...does the shopping cart work where a person HAS to pay for the item immediately before the order is completed or can they order and send payment later. I know I have the right PP email address in there so I don't know if there is anything wrong.

IM SO CONFUSED
Shocked Razz

-jacquiescloset
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what can I do as "punishment" for not paying?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Quote:
Is there a feedback system or something or can I report them somewhere or what?

No buyers never register here - so no feedback for them

Quote:
Also can people outside the eCrater community buy from your store or does a buyer HAVE to create an account first to do so?

Buyers do not register - so anyone can buy. Your job is to get your customers into your store and to sell them everything! LOL

Quote:
does the shopping cart work where a person HAS to pay for the item immediately before the order is completed or can they order and send payment later

Depends on your question and your paymetn options.
If you only have google checkout and or PayPal - then immediate payment should be made.
If you accept money orders - etc --- they can send you payment in the mail.

They can not - place an order and come back to it later. The system dont' work like that.
jacquiescloset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmn....great Confused

Because this person bought a necklace from me (I got an order notification) and the payment method was by PayPal, but there is no money in my account, and I KNOW I put the right email address in the payment options, all spelled correctly. Confused

-jacquiescloset
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try emailing the customer or sending an invoice. If its more than 7 days then I would just move on after that.
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can go to your paypal account and click on request money and then send them an invoice.If they still don't pay they prbly never will.
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, you can welcome me to the club, I just got an order yesterday, which hasn't been paid for. What am I going to do? I am planning to send an email explaining how to make a payment. Once. No follow up. And I will also state that until it's paid for I will not ship it or take it off the inventory (I have only one of this item). In fact, I'm not sure if I will send even this email.

I think you are confusing an auction with a store. An auction winner is obliged to buy, however a regular buyer is not. If your buyer liked something in your store and thought he really wanted the item, he would start the checkout process. Somewhere mid-way he changes his mind, or figures he needed to check out other stores, or talk to his wife about it, guess what - he will not finalize it, but you will see a purchase. He is not obliged! Now suppose he decides a few days later to come back - you will not want him to buy from you any more? I doubt.

So let's hope he will come back!!!
jacquiescloset

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh CRAP! Shocked

I figured out what happened. I did a test purchase something of mine using my own info, and it placed the order, but when it got to the PayPal payment page, PayPal added $5.00 for shipping Shocked (left over from my shipping cost calculated from my old store setup within PP)

The poor person probably saw the extra charge and freaked.
And from my test I found out it DOES place the order before payment (by PP) is received. So anyone can just decide to not pay and walk off and the oder still goes through. I emailed the person and apologized for what happed and offered a free gift if they still wanted to go though with the order.

-jacquiescloset
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To see how paypal payment system works, do the following:

go to your store as a buyer (www.jacquiescloset.ecrater.com), click on any item in your store and than click "buy now" button.

In your shopping cart, click "proceed to checkout".

Fill out the form you see on the screen with any test info: Joe Doe, 1 test street,... etc. , but put your email (which you can check later).

Click "proceed to checkout".

Select "Paypal" as a payment method and the word TEST in the Notes (so you don't get too excited when you see an order Wink ).

Click "proceed to checkout".

You see the order summary page: click "Place order".

Notice what you see on your screen now, but stop here. Go to your admin page and check out new orders. It should appear now. Now you know how the process works. You may also check your email that you provided and see what your customer gets at this point. That is when he (or she) decided not to buy. You can really do nothing about that.
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or, we typed at the same time, so you already new what to do Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And from my test I found out it DOES place the order before payment (by PP) is received.

The order is placed at the time payment option is selected and they press continue - if you are referring to anything other then GC (google checkout).
BUT in my books, it's not an order, or a sold item until I got some money!
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="BigTallMensClothing"]
Quote:
BUT in my books, it's not an order, or a sold item until I got some money!

I dono't want some money , I want all money for the item!!! Rolling Eyes (just kidding)
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL!

Hey, I'll take some - but I ain't shipping til I get it all!
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jacquiescloset wrote:
Oh CRAP! Shocked

I figured out what happened. I did a test purchase something of mine using my own info, and it placed the order, but when it got to the PayPal payment page, PayPal added $5.00 for shipping Shocked (left over from my shipping cost calculated from my old store setup within PP)

Welp, guess you'd better get to work on an appropriate "punishment" for yourself then! I bet the buyer wishes there was some punishment for the seller right about when that extra five bucks popped up.
capitalus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here is what my nopay was - he simply changed his mind and emailed asking to cancel the order. Well, that's ok, it happends.. Here was my reply to him:

Dear <castomer name>,

your order # xxxxx has been cancelled, as requested.

If you don't mind me asking: how did you find us and why you decided to cancel?

Please feel free to come back and shop again. We are currently running a special promotion: get 10% off any order at www.capitalus.ecrater.com with Google Checkout and coupon google10 .

Best regards,

<my name>
www.capitalus.ecrater.com

That's it, no punishment, but a discount offer............. I wonder if he comes back.............. I wish........................ Sorry to see you go Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: