eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can One Individual Have 2 Ecrater Accounts For Selling?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jewelryquest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Can One Individual Have 2 Ecrater Accounts For Selling? Reply with quote

Hi again all! :>) I was just curious if one person can have more then one ecrater account registered to them? Not that I want another one I love my own store although I passed along ecrater to an associate and he wanted to know if he could sell in 2 separate stores under his own identity for both stores. Is this permitted one person having 2 stores? Thank you I will pass the information I receive along to my associate.

Sincerely,
JewelryQuest
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES - I have 5!
Each one MUST have a different email address to register with.
The orders and all go to the same email.
You can use the same PayPal and Google checkout info.
Just need a different email to register the different stores.
jewelryquest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Thank you BigTall! :>) Reply with quote

Thanks so much BigTallMensClothes for your prompt response. I will pass this info along to my associate and I'm sure he'll be happy to know this and will be setting up his 2 stores in the very near future. Thanks a bunch you're always so helpful! :>)
Buytime

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
YES - I have 5!
Each one MUST have a different email address to register with.
The orders and all go to the same email.
You can use the same PayPal and Google checkout info.
Just need a different email to register the different stores.

5...!!!!!!!!

Thats outstanding.
Smile

we just opened our 4th.
Ahhh, you gotta love eCrater

Kenny
jewelryquest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My associate thinks it's awesome ecrater allows more then one store per person and actually so do I! Alot of people sell or want to sell different items and would prefer a store with a look and feel connected with those items. It's not like one should put lets say jewelry with fishing items etc. It's just not a good match if you see what I mean. Thanks for all your help my associate will be opening 2 stores of his own in the very near future. :>)
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's not like one should put lets say jewelry with fishing items etc. It's just not a good match if you see what I mean.

That is exactly why I have 5 stores! Like items are more search engine friendly Very Happy
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! BTMC - 5 stores! Yes, I can also see where it would be beneficial to separate, for example, jewelry from home decor, if you have a lot of items in both item categories. However, please also keep in mind, if you want to promote your store like on Google Ad Words, the more stores you have, the more separate Ad Campagnes you will have to set up, and that can be time consuming. The same is true for submitting your store URL to search engines on the net, outside of google.

For example, I have forwarded a domain name I wasn't using but hosting for a while, to my ecrater store. Then I set up an Ad Campagne with Google Ad Words for traffic. If I would separate clothing, jewelry and let's say, Fragrances - I would need to check on 3 different campagnes and pay for them separately. Like everything, it may have pros and cons. Smile

The real advantage of having various kinds of items in one store would be if stores would be searchable for those coming in through froogle - then people could select a handbag with the matching shoes or a dress with matching scarf or jewelry. For now, I just put my own store name and URL into all listings to help buyers see all my items.

My store is better off not to be separated, because I mostly sell clothing and accessories, but if I had glassware, dinnerware, cutlery, etc. (or menswear as well as women's) then I would not mind having multile stores.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With something like 2300 items in my mens store alone --- I couldn't handle them not being separated!

It's free so it works, lol. On ebay for years I had 2 stores - a his and and a hers. BUT I combined everything over there a few years back. Just made life easier.

If I had to pay for 5 stores - I would think differently, lol.

As for Ad Campaigns - they would have to be different campaigns anyway since the same keywords do not apply.

LOL, you all don't want to know how many domain names I own, LOL!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: