eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Could someone please explain Google Checkout to me?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Could someone please explain Google Checkout to me? Reply with quote

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could spare a moment to explain Goggle CO, I have signed up for it, verified account and even received an order, but I wasn't notified thru my ecrater store. I only received an email from customer and from Google, nada, zip shows up in ecrater. Could I have set something up wrong or does it not show up in my order section for my store? It has been a day and a half and still nothing. I've always gotten notices before when I was using PP.

Also, after charging their account, do I then ship the item or wait to be sure charge was complete? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Casin-Pointe
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those answers and more can be found in this thread

Solutions to Common Problems-GOOGLE CHECKOUT
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2041

Quote:
Also, after charging their account, do I then ship the item or wait to be sure charge was complete?

Once the order on google says the charge has been completed - process I think is the order on your ORDER page - but ig you click the order and see the detail on the lower right it will say that it has been charged. Then you ship!
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks B&T for the link, there is a lot of good information there. I will go thru each of the link's to make sure that I am doing it right. I believe there is always a little uncertainity with the first of every transaction, hopefully, the more sales that I have, the better I will become at it. Thanks again, I'm off to go read more about google.

Casin-Pointe
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casin, I was also cautious before registering with Google Checkout. Int he meantime, I fully believe it is as safe as PayPal or PPPay or similar on-line payment services. I feel comfortable using Google Checkout, but of course everyone has to make this decision for himself / herself.

Best of luck! Smile
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it's me again, asking the same dumb questions.

I have received another order with Google, and now I have 2 that are not showing up in my ecrater order section. Please, please, please tell me how do I get notified. I have already charged and shipped 1st order and it is in "Archive" status, but it never showed up in my ecrater.

Thanks again, I know that there are lots of very smart people out there and I'm sure one of you will be kind enough to stop by and give it to me.

Thanks, Casin-Pointe
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird, all my google orders showed up in my ecrater admin. You might want to send an email off to ecrater support.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine show in admin too, but the only e-mail confirmation you'll get is from Google. If they use PP, then you get the item sold and PP payment confirmation.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are your referring to EMAILS of the order or you talking about ORDERS in your admin ORDER area on ecrater.com?
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rows...I took your advice and sent off a quick email to them, hopefully they will be able to tell me what I need to do to get it sent to ecrater order admin. I really appreciate all of the help and I'll let you know what I find out. thanks again, Casin-Pointe
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B&T,
I am receiving an email from Google saying that I have an order (and payment), I've even received an email from the customer, but when I go into my ecrater account and check where is says "Orders" down on the left-hand side, near the On-Hold and Bulk Lister, there are no orders showing from Google. I

have checked my listings and it does show that I accept Google and PayPal Checkout, so I quess I set that part up right when I was setting up the account. I also don't receive a "noreply@ecrater.com" order notification. So any suggestions would quickly be jumped on. Thanks Casin-Pointe
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with a Google payment your sale should be showing up in Orders. I'd e-mail customer service about it.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casin-Pointe --- do you have this part in place?

login at google checkout
click the setting tab
select Integration from the left menu
On the section for API callback URL there is a box that is where you put https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php
Callback method is name/value pairs
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B&T, I have all of that, but I noticed that I also have this checked...
Shopping cart type
Allow shopping carts with name/value pairs to be sent to Google.

Should I have checked that or should I go back and remove it? I even went back and cut and pasted the link for the API callback just to make sure that it was typed in correct, but so far, no luck.

Thanks again for taking so much time in trying to help me figure this out, I really appreciate it. Casin-Pointe
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG -- LOL

I never look at the ORDERS on ecrater.com --- I too do not have one ORDER with google checkout as the payment option ---

so if you figure out what the problem is --- please post it so we all learn.

I too have the box checked at
Allow shopping carts with name/value pairs to be sent to Google.
Casin-Pointe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey B&T, I was laughing my behind off on that last one, I just thought I can't believe that I'm not the only one getting a notice. Nice to know that it must not be something that I did or didn't do. (I'd hate to think that I know so little about the computer that I can't even figure out how to get an email)...that would be just too funny.

Well, I've put in an email to D. at administration and hopefully he'll have a minute to spare to get back and let me know what we need to do and I'll let you know.

Thanks again, you are the BEST!!! Big hug for the B&T. Casin-Pointe
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: