SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Top 3 Wishes - VOTE in the SUGGESTION FORUM not this thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet

I have a friendly suggestion for you. Why don't you let me post my posts where I'd like to; and I will let you post yours where you'd like to? Do we have a deal?

P.s. For your attention, I was responding to the title of this thread which is (I quote):

Top 3 Wishes - VOTE

While I appreciate you are always ready to help people, I am a grown up person and if I need your help, I will definitely not be shy to ask for it.

And then, atop of this you are not using your own words but quote BTMC as if I could not READ. Are you trying to say that what BTMC is saying is the law here? I do not perceive him as such a rigid person, so please use your own terms in case you absolutely HAVE to communicate with me, and do not try to create war between the two of us. I communicate with BTMC when I feel the need for it, and do not need you to echo him.

Last but not least, there is, IMHO, equal likelihood of management seeing my post here to the likelihood of seeing it on a different thread.

Have a good night
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTM and poopsheet are just trying to make sure that the requests get seen by Dimitar, who asked for them on his own thread. We don't want him to miss anyones requests, as they are all important, and whichever he decides to implement will affect us all. Very Happy

Please don't feel like anyone is singleing you. We're all here to help, and learn, from each other. Very Happy
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi fancy

Thanks for your 2 cents. I realize what poopsheet is trying to do may have generated in good will, but it is perfectly O.K. to use one's own words if one needs to make a comment (just like you and I and BTMC are doing, always adding some comment when we quote). To hang a quote from a previous poster (without a single word of his / her own) under my nose, to me, is arrogant to say the least. I can live without THAT type of help, sincerely!

I have nothing against people helping and pointing out something that I could have done differently, as long as they first ask me whether or not I had a possible reason to decide to post something where it is posted? They may be surprised to get the answer, Yes, indeed.

The rest I have already explained above.

Again, I appreciate your input. Have a great night!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a great night also, what's left of it anyway, cuz I am off to bed.

G'Night all. Very Happy
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I need to EDIT the title. I was afraid it would be miss understood.
TheConsignmentBarn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe what I just read in the last four or five comments.

Last edited by TheConsignmentBarn on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total
TheConsignmentBarn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the last two posts submitted by CT I was stunned. I layed in bed for 2 hours and couldn't sleep - it made me that mad. BTM, whether or not you edit the title really makes no difference. It seems to me that I was told by you that my suggestion should be posted in the Suggestions area and not here. I didn't come at you with teeth bared and claws extended. The attack on PS was totally uncalled for. Then to take a patronizing attitude with Fancyflappers, good grief. CT, as a teacher your people skills leave much to be desired and you call yourself an adult. Maybe it was one of your "16" hour days. I don't know and frankly don't care. PS isn't the first person to display responses from another person and she won't be the last. Did you ever stop to think that maybe there was a reason she responded in that manner? Maybe she was busy but wanted to help and did so in a way the was quick and would still provide the correct information. BTM, PS, Fancy, and some of the others follow all the forums trying to help where and when they can. Sometimes the answer may not be what you want to see or it may tick you off, but it still doesn't give you the right to attack so viciously. Oh, and there is no need to respond to this. I think we have all seen enough of your viciousness and sarcasm. Just my $.02 worth.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic, take my post however you like. It was simply a reminder of what the moderator had posted four posts prior.

Many people post their two cents to forum threads without/before catching up on the thread itself. You said yourself you were only responding to the title of the thread.

My post was just a reminder that if you want your votes to mean anything they need to be in the other thread.

Of course I know you can read (good grief) but I didn't know if you had read. Posting the votes like that will only encourage others to do the same and assume this is the thread to do it in.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning all,

I do agree that it is best to post your top three suggestions in the thread that Dimitri has started, this will ensure that he sees them. Whether he looks at other threads in not certain, although I do hope so. However, I am glad to see a thread for discussion, and ideally, I think there should be top 3 discussion threads all over this forum so that more sellers become aware and give their input. I do appreciate everyone's ideas, and hopefully the features implemented will be ones that benefit all buyers and sellers.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lu
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think there should be top 3 discussion threads all over this forum so that more sellers become aware and give their input.

NO, LOL! We want only one thread per topic - it's much easy to find and read when everything is in one place.
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning bigtall,
I completely understand what you are saying, I'm just saying that the top three thread should be mentioned everywhere, directing people to Dimitri's post to add their top three suggestions, because I know that most sellers at most venues do not frequent the forums, and only go to the forum when in need of help or a specific reason. I'm just talking about spreading the word to as many sellers as possible so as to get as much input as possible. The more places it is mentioned, the more sellers might see it. I certainly don't want more confusion, just more exposure to what is going on. I mentioned before that a mass emailing to all sellers asking for their input would be a good idea, then at least they are aware and it is up to them whether to post or not. I'm afraid there are many sellers who don't have clue about this, and later on, they will say Oh, I wish I would of known!!
Have a great day!
Lu
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH I think I get what you are saying now --- you mean on other forums where sellers discuss ecrater.com NOT within this forum. Am I right?
TheConsignmentBarn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lu, it's a great idea. A mass mailing would be a big help. Many people have only one or two forums that they go to and some don't visit any at all. Big said we all had a responsibility to read the forums and keep abreast of things. Yes, we all have to take a certain amount of responsibility, but trying to keep up with every forum here would be a daunting task and one that many don't have the time for. When something as important as site improvements comes up, the mass emailing would be most helpful. Terry
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes and no! Of course, hopefully, it will be brought up at other forums, and there is an ecrater thread on the forum at the freebird site that is blue, and I have posted there to let ecrater sellers know, and I know someone has posted about it over at PSU, I'm not sure about any other forums, but, I was also talking about having mentions of the top 3 suggestions in other threads here, just to spread it around to more sellers. I know one seller posted here that she would not have known about it other than coming here to this help thread, so some sellers might not go to the suggestions thread, but will go to other threads. And, I think in some cases, some of the longer sellers here may have just given up with the suggestions thread, since suggestions were never commented on or implemented for so long. I have seen posts saying they thought that making suggestions was pointless. I just think it is very important to spread the word, and get as much input as possible from as many sellers as possible.

Have a great day,
Lu
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, we were posting at the same time consignmentbarn, yes, exactly!! Some only come in to welcome people, others to add some info, others to ask a question, it would be hard to keep up with it all. I know that I usually only visit certain parts of the forum myself.

Have a great day,
Lu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: