eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Top 3 Wishes - VOTE in the SUGGESTION FORUM not this thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, in all my time with ecrater.com I think I have received ONE mass email and that was about adding google checkout.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Ya know, in all my time with ecrater.com I think I have received ONE mass email and that was about adding google checkout.

hmm, that surprises me, since it is such a quick and easy way to get information out to everyone all at once!! Maybe Dimitri is reading this!!!

A great day to all,
Lu
bluemellow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fancyflappers wrote:
Quote:
Does JCPenny or WalMart or any other online store explain their shipping charges - I don't think so.

I agree with BTM. We have got to get away from auction style thinking. This isn't auctions. This is a web store. Web stores , the ones I've seen, charge a flat rate. Some base it on weight, and some base it on total purchase price, but I haven't seen many base it on zones. It's just a flat rate.

Just chiming in on shipping rates. Over time I've gotten a rough idea of shipping charges in Canada and the US (and to and fro), based on size and weight. I use a strictly flat rate system. This allows me to focus on aquiring and listing my inventory, and not on a buck here or there. I don't want to get hung up on shipping rates. Mine are clearly stated, and as BTM mentioned, I shouldn't have to explain those charges. The issue came up yesterday in my eBay store where a customer was questioning my shipping rate - after already purchasing and receiving an item. Huh? To suggest I was making a profit on my shipping fee was really hilarious, what with the fees ebay and paypal charge! Laughing Laughing Anyhoo... getting off topic here. On the shipping issue, it makes no difference to me... I'll stick with what I know and use the flat rate system. Wink
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was also talking about having mentions of the top 3 suggestions in other threads here, just to spread it around to more sellers. I know one seller posted here that she would not have known about it other than coming here to this help thread,

I think alot of sellers only read the threads they get e-mail notification about whenever a reply is posted.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To The ConsignmentBarn

I don't know the first thing about you, neither do you about me. I recommend before you resort to low level name calling (such as calling me VICIOUS etc)., you actually ask yourself two questions:

(1) Whether you are familiar with all aspects of a situation, or not. If not, may be it would be beneficial for your own well-being to simply let people involved in a situation solve the situation themselves.

(2) Whether it would make some sense to read again what was posted in this thread.

Although you call me vicious, I am not going to return the gesture by calling you names. It is also beside the point whether or not I happened to have a bad day or long day. The point is, and remains, that it is one thing to help people when they ask for it; another is, to control their every behavior and correct it (as evidenced by previous occasions) so their behavior is exactly the way you want.

My profession has absolutely nothing to do with this, except may be that I am teaching assertiveness skills (among other things) to others and I do NOT take kindly to being run over by a bulldozer. This is exactly how the manner (and not so much the content) of PS's original post felt to me. You are attacking the target of this behavior, and not the initiator whose behavior was inappropriate, in my opinion. eBay's boards are full of similar situations, people trying to bully each-other, get upset, sometimes with a good reason, sometimes not. Believe me, everyone who can read what happened here, also knows I did not start this, so your attempts to make me the cause of the problem are, to say the least, unfounded.

You are perfectly entitled to your own opinion, of course. I can tell you though, it is remarkably astonishing how you are trying to find a number of reasons to rush to the rescue of somebody who was rather rude in his / her post - by all counts of on-line etiquette known to me and many others - whereas you have nothing but condescending remarks and name calling for me. I have no further comments to make to you after this one. As for my interactions with fancyflappers, your comment is uncalled for.

I was raised to have polite manners, and I would NEVER ever direct somebody to do something without first clarifying what possible reason(s) the person had for his / her actions. The only context this is allowed is the military where people are trained to take blind orders, and rightfully so, since the life and well-being of others may depend on doing things fast, without argument, the way you are told by rank superiors or commanders. We are, however, not the military here. May be it is time somebody told this PS.

But in any case, this thing was between him / her and myself, so please stop bunching up against me, it is detrimental to the entire board and all users, it actually throws bad light upon yourself. Let the two of us work it out if he / she wants to: if not, that is also fine with me.

Being directed to do something by somebody not even taking the effort to provide in his / her own words why he / she suggests what he / she is suggesting, is the only thing I oppose - - and not helpful gestures in general -- which I am pleased to be able to offer, too, to so many people in both my professional and private life. I could send you hundreds of testimonials about how nice and kind people usually perceive me, and helpful, too. You don't want to know how many people I helped and to what extent; because that would make you feel rather sorry and ashamed for calling me vicious. I could sit here till next morning and paste grateful messages from people who like and love me for a good reason; of course, this may have to do something with me not sending them e-mails or other messages from another person's pen - without a single explanatory word attached, as an order.

I will not let anyone bully me, and each and every time similar things happen I will speak up for my right to be talked to in a respectful manner.

The discussion thus will end here - between you and me.
Please try to be more thoughtful before putting down others, and if you are angry, especially if you are angry because somebody's behavior is unlike you expect it to be, work on your anger if you like. If you don't like to, then simply spare me your comments because they will go unanswered. One more thing: Please look up the meaning of two words in case you are not familiar with their meaning: aggressive and assertive. There is a whole WORLD of a difference between the two. I will never consider attacking anyone with or without a just cause unless it directly prevents some serious harm to others or myself. However, as an intelligent, educated and well raised human being I will always oppose to being talked down to or treated rudely; I do not need your permission to do so.

Enjoy your day!

Classic Treasures
Smile

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am OFFICIALLY telling EVERYONE to STOP
I will not tolerate any more of this bickering/fighting/attacking.

DO NOT COMMENT about it in the ecrater.com community anywhere from this point forward.

We are and will remain a friendly HELPFUL place.

NO MORE PERSONAL comments to any specific person!
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I only gots one more question, one I posed before, but I think it got lost in all the shuffle.

Fancy:

LOVE your smokin' smiley face, may I borry him/her? Grazie!
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="fancyflappers"]
Quote:

I think alot of sellers only read the threads they get e-mail notification about whenever a reply is posted.

Yes Fancy, I do this too sometimes!!

Have a great evening and congrats on the success of your site! The Valentine's page looks very nice!

Lu
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: